• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mid year sale on NA PSN (finally,there is some good deals)

jamsy

For those considering Adr1ft, I honestly can't recommend it (even at its price).

I love these type of games, and the premise/idea of it is really neat. It's pretty and in theory, should be something I would really enjoy. But the constant need to hunt for oxygen tanks really detracts from exploration. And it's honestly got the least helpful minimap I've seen to date. The various parts of the space station look the same, and since getting from one place to another takes absolutely forever, coupled with the oxygen restrictions, it just makes this whole experience a drag. The fact that the protagonist is also quiet 99% of the time doesn't help.

I've put in a couple hours, have no idea where to go, and the thought of drifting around, hunting for oxygen tanks as I try to figure out which part of the space station wreckage I need to go to to turn something on feels exhausting already. Wish they had a helpful navigation system in place, but as it is, I'm quite disappointed in the whole thing.

Would you recommend "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter" for someone that dislikes Walking Simulators, but likes good stories? I like a fair bit of puzzle solving.

Dunno, just wanna know how good GAF thinks it is.

bnx

for those like me that swear by Gladiator Begins [also on sale], I just discovered, going through games that I've never heard of, that 'Clan of Champions' is a spiritual successor... and on sale for like 39 cents for ps3. My ps3 isn't even hooked up, but I'm all over that.

Thanks for the heads up.

Played the hell out of Gladiator Begins. Never heard of Clan of Champions myself. This was an instant buy.

bucklam66

Anyone ever play: Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection? I like Sting srpg games but haven't heard much about this one...first time I've seen it on sale

horkrux

Would you recommend "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter" for someone that dislikes Walking Simulators, but likes good stories? I like a fair bit of puzzle solving.

Dunno, just wanna know how good GAF thinks it is.

Absolutely not. Hell, I wouldn't even recommend that game to people who like walking simulators.

Anyone here played the Attack of Titan game on PS4?

Is it worth $36 if I'm a fan of the anime. Also, how does it run? 60fps? 30fps? How much content does it have? etc.

Toki767

Anyone here played the Attack of Titan game on PS4?

Is it worth $36 if I'm a fan of the anime. Also, how does it run? 60fps? 30fps? How much content does it have? etc.

Haven't played it yet, but I did buy it ($30 with PS+ and 20% off PSN cards made it like $24 for me)

I know it's 30fps on consoles. Seems to have a bit of content along with online play. Though I imagine like most Koei Tecmo games, the gameplay will get repetitve after a while.

Haven't played it yet, but I did buy it ($30 with PS+ and 20% off PSN cards made it like $24 for me)

I know it's 30fps on consoles. Seems to have a bit of content along with online play. Though I imagine like most Koei Tecmo games, the gameplay will get repetitve after a while.
Thanks. I'm not sure, I may get it as well.

I enjoyed Pirate Warriors 3 quite a lot and that game had a very repetitive musou gameplay, so I may enjoy this even more.

Velcro Fly

Already bought and finished Journey and Flower from this sale. Money well spent I enjoyed both. I'm probably the last person on earth that hadn't played Journey yet.

Picked up Soul Sacrifice Delta and Dead Nation for Vita. The latter is free for this sale? Uhh, ok. I don't plan on playing Dead Nation ever but might as well bank it into my account in case I ever want to

Toki767

Picked up Soul Sacrifice Delta and Dead Nation for Vita. The latter is free for this sale? Uhh, ok. I don't plan on playing Dead Nation ever but might as well bank it into my account in case I ever want to

Dead Nation is cross buy. So you probably already owned it on PS3 or PS4.

Bog

Junior Ace
For those considering Adr1ft, I honestly can't recommend it (even at its price).

I love these type of games, and the premise/idea of it is really neat. It's pretty and in theory, should be something I would really enjoy. But the constant need to hunt for oxygen tanks really detracts from exploration. And it's honestly got the least helpful minimap I've seen to date. The various parts of the space station look the same, and since getting from one place to another takes absolutely forever, coupled with the oxygen restrictions, it just makes this whole experience a drag. The fact that the protagonist is also quiet 99% of the time doesn't help.

I've put in a couple hours, have no idea where to go, and the thought of drifting around, hunting for oxygen tanks as I try to figure out which part of the space station wreckage I need to go to to turn something on feels exhausting already. Wish they had a helpful navigation system in place, but as it is, I'm quite disappointed in the whole thing.

How on fucking earth is this not a VR game? I was ready to get it after watching the trailer, then saw it wasn't a VR game and laughed. Everything about it screams "neat VR demo!"

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Enjoy Soul Sacrifice Delta. It's a great game, and a huge improvement over SS standard.

I bought the Namco arcade games, Knack, Roundabout, Ratchet and Clank, and Oddworld: Alf's Escape. Would've picked up some Vita games if Sony allowed bigger cards, but my 64 gig is full and I've completely run out of things I want to delete.

why does sony make it near impossible to find out when the sales are ending on the web store, when does this end?

also is shadow of mordor goty worth 4 bucks? it looks painfully bland to me but I mean the reviews were decent?

How are the Jak and Dexter/Rather & Clank collections? I never played them on the PS2, are they good ports?

PS3 ports are fantastic, definitive way to play the games. vita ports are compromised - reasonable enough for R&C despite 30fps, but pretty terrible for jak & daxter.

why does sony make it near impossible to find out when the sales are ending on the web store, when does this end?

July 11

Toki767

also is shadow of mordor goty worth 4 bucks? it looks painfully bland to me but I mean the reviews were decent?

What...you realize if you check any game page, it tells you the exact time and date the sale lasts for below the images...

Is bound any good?

It seems a interesting idea but the execution might be bad.
it has a demo out

someone here said even though it's artsy it still has good platforming

they lied

for one, one of the options was to make it so you automatically stop at ledges. not for me
What...you realize if you check any game page, it tells you the exact time and date the sale lasts for below the images...

huh, somehow missed that on the webstore lol

Hey. What's a better option buying Journey (PS4)?

The Collector's Edition, with Flow and Flower?
Or the Avant-Garde bundle with Flower, Bound, and Unfinished Swan?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
2 weeks of sales... Of the same stuff?

Was expecting new stuff to go on sale

Anybody try How To Survive 2?

Is it a diablo-like or marvel-like? Worthy coop game?
Fun is priority..I'm not a stickler for graphics or framerate

Pretty nuts after searching for something, it looks like this game has like no presence here on gaf^

Theres a 1 page OT for the first game.. yet it must have sold well enough to have a sequel. lol

I ended up buying it anyways. Really looks like a fun coop game. Hopefully will try tonight with group of friends.

Is Killzone shadow fall worth it ? I don't think it is ever coming to ps plus and I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks for getting back to the series/try a solid fps. Is all the dlc online centric ?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Is Killzone shadow fall worth it ? I don't think it is ever coming to ps plus and I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks for getting back to the series/try a solid fps. Is all the dlc online centric ?

You won't get a consistent answer on this one. Very mixed reception and your mileage will vary. I found it entertaining and very pretty with some flaws that drag it down compared to KZ2/3. Many others outright despise it and would love to regale you with longform posts about how miserable of a game it is.

If you want to spend a weekend with an fps campaign, it will do the job though.

Shin

Banned
100 (max) games on wish list which I plan to buy and I'm only at RPG category, gonna go broke.

xabbott

I disliked most of it. But it was very pretty and had a few good moments. It's pretty short too.

This sale I picked up Bound. Wasn't for me but the VR support was alright.

So Final Fantasy XIV starter edition for PS4 is on sale right now, and I'm currently playing the free trial. I'm really liking it, but PSN won't let me buy the full game that is on sale right now?

What do?

Voliko

Anyone ever play: Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection? I like Sting srpg games but haven't heard much about this one...first time I've seen it on sale
I thought it was just OK. It has been a while but- It uses a real time strategy system. When a battle starts you have to input a few timed button presses depending on the weapon, and there's also an opportunity for other units to join in if they are close enough (which is determined by which weapon you have equipped). There's also plenty of environmental effects and stationary units that will fire shmup-esque projectiles at you. The story is OK, nothing to write home about but it has very nice portraits for PSP.

Overall, too easy for my tastes. Fairly unique battle system, albeit on the simple side.

DigSCCP

2 weeks of sales... Of the same stuff?

Was expecting new stuff to go on sale

Well they are dropping the US15 for US100 this week so it looks like a good move.
First week you go impulsive and second one you got credits so why not spend them ? Lol
Im still strugling to decide if I should or no buy Disgaea 5 and this second week is killing me.
I had a pretty good time with 3 on PS Vita and was waiting for a drop under US20 to grab this one.
But right now Im the middle of : FFXV ( Chapter X, will go for Plat ), Ni Oh, Crash, Oreshika, pre ordered Uncharted TLL and just bought Knack and GoW 3.
Not to mention some Plus games that I wanna jump in like : Killing Floor 2, Life is Strange, ABZU and some others.
I have a feeling that I might spent those dollars and see the game going under this before I even start it.

Top Bottom