• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mid year sale on NA PSN (finally,there is some good deals)

Toki767

Sorry if it's been discussed already, but what's the consensus on the Attack on Titan game? I watched a couple videos and it looked fun to move around. Seemed like the players I watched were pretty new to the game, so I'm not too sure if the combat is clunky or if they were just bad.

Kind of feel like that game should've been like $20 by now.

Koei Tecmo are like...the strangest publishers with their sales. They barely ever discount more than 50% on their titles for some reason.

It'll end Tuesday at 8AM.

The banner doesn't say multiple weeks so doubtful it'll extend another week.

BlD6GXU.jpg

It ends on 7/11. Doesn't really specify if it's just this sale or it's part of the mid year sale and we're getting another next week.
It's just extremely rare for PSN sales to extend past one week.

Toki767

It does not end on Tuesday. It ends on July 11.

BlD6GXU.jpg

It ends on 7/11. Doesn't really specify if it's just this sale or it's part of the mid year sale and we're getting another next week.
It's just extremely rare for PSN sales to extend past one week.

Oh huh.

Well all the timers on the games do say 7/11.

But I guess there's always a good chance they add more games that are only on sale for a week.

CHC

God of War III for 4 bucks is pretty crazy honestly. Got it like a year ago for 7.50 but still haven't played it yet (only played it on PS3).

Unfortunately nothing on my wishlist is on sale, though.

Remk

Damn it, why am I considering buying Neptunia Rebirth 3 when I just barely managed to get through 2? Somebody talk me off the ledge here...

Also can anyone vouch for White Night? The art looks really interesting but a quick search tells me the whole package is not that great

Sorry if it's been discussed already, but what's the consensus on the Attack on Titan game? I watched a couple videos and it looked fun to move around. Seemed like the players I watched were pretty new to the game, so I'm not too sure if the combat is clunky or if they were just bad.

I wrote a review of the Vita version for my site:

https://kresnik258gaming.wordpress.com/2017/04/22/vita-attack-on-titan-wings-of-freedom-review/

Long story short, it is a lot of fun to move around, but can get very repetitive later on.

Any coop game recommandation on ps4?

Overcooked is one of the best couch co-op games this gen. Hilarious stuff. It will start arguments though. So don't play with anyone that takes games way too seriously or is super bossy (unless you want to laugh at them).

DigSCCP

Does anyone know when the US15 of the "Spent US100" is coming ?
Thinking about going with : GoW 3, Disgaea 5 and Knack and with these credits and what I have left on wallet it would be perfect !

rackham

I ended up buying sly cooper thieves in time and berserk. Both for vita and both are pretty phenomenal on it. Berserk is kind of ugly on the vita but it's not bad and sly cooper is one of the best games on vita

autoduelist

Hmmm. Has anyone plat'd Shadow of Mordor, then went back and replayed it on PS4? I enjoyed the game quite a bit, but I can't decide if that's a great idea, or terrible idea. [I bought Sleepy Dogs during that last great sale even though I plat'd it on PS3, but haven't gotten to it yet].

Anyone get Stardust Ultra?

And Ive never played the original R&C. I know it's remade, but would it feel like a step back from R&C 2, and R&C 3's gameplay/content?

This is my cart right now:

- God of War 3 Remastered
- Killzone Shadow Fall
- The Last of Us: Left Behind Stand Alone
- Knack
- Fat Princess Adventures
- Journey
- Shadow of the Beast

Pretty much have everything else in this sale. I have GoW3 on PS3 so I know what I'm getting, love Killzone so even if Shadow Fall is shit I will probably still like it lol The Last of Us was amazing but I never had a chance to play the DLC so this is no brainer but not really sure about the rest.

To those who played Knack, Fat Princess, Journey and Shadow of the Beast, are they good?

- God of War 3 Remastered
- Killzone Shadow Fall
- The Last of Us: Left Behind Stand Alone
- Knack
- Fat Princess Adventures
- Journey
- Shadow of the Beast

Pretty much have everything else in this sale. I have GoW3 on PS3 so I know what I'm getting, love Killzone so even if Shadow Fall is shit I will probably still like it lol The Last of Us was amazing but I never had a chance to play the DLC so this is no brainer but not really sure about the rest.

To those who played Knack, Fat Princess, Journey and Shadow of the Beast, are they good?

I very much doubt that Fat Princess has a good enough community going, though I could be wrong. Also, I remember it lagging too much.

How's the story in GOW3? Played the first two but wasn't a huge fan.
Story is really ehh. If you didn't like the first two, I highly doubt you'll enjoy the story of this one.

Though at 4$, you really can't go wrong tbh. Gameplay is certainly top notch, and the game is still a looker.

Am I going to get $13 worth of fun out of Battlefront Ultimate edition? Has it gotten too "hardcore" for me to jump into at this point?

Foxxsoxx

Am I going to get $13 worth of fun out of Battlefront Ultimate edition? Has it gotten too "hardcore" for me to jump into at this point?

As someone who really wanted to like it, I really ended up hating the meat grinder that game is. Just about everyone that played it enjoyed it for like a week and then never thought about touching it again.

Pretty as fuck though.

As someone who really wanted to like it, I really ended up hating the meat grinder that game is. Just about everyone that played it enjoyed it for like a week and then never thought about touching it again.

Pretty as fuck though.
I mean the ultimate edition comes with the Season Pass. I figure if I can get a weeks worth of fun out of it that might be worth the small asking price....I kind of just want to see the pretty visuals for myself...but I don't know what to do.

Picked up a few games for my Vita:

PSNsale.jpg

Between this and the recent sales where I picked up Danganronpa 2 and Steins;gate, my wishlist is just about wiped out (and proprietary Vita Memory Card® just about full).

- Killzone Shadow Fall

love Killzone so even if Shadow Fall is shit I will probably still like it lol

I love me some Killzone too, but I have to tell you I never finished SF. I was basically one of the most uninteresting games I've played ever which surprised me.

Can't decide between Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate and Samurai 4-II
Which is better? Ihave Samurai 4 and Dynasty 8, if that makes a difference and usually play co- op

Darknight

Is it really that bad?

After KZ2, it went downhill.

KZ3 they still put some effort. (Merc is good but never played too much)

Anyways KZSF feels rushed and the ending leaves you feeling empty like the story was so shitty I wanted to forget it. I'd say its more of a technical showpiece than a good overall game.

I own it so I will be going for trophies so im sure youll find MP matches still.

How's the story in GOW3? Played the first two but wasn't a huge fan.

I looove GOW3 - it's one of those games I can play an unlimited number of times, provided enough time between playthroughs. 3 has some wonderful setpiece moments, and provided you don't misinterpret the story - ie. Kratos is not the hero - I found the closure of 3 a good end to his (Greek) arc.

At the very least, it always makes for a great LTTP thread.

Is it really that bad?

I hated KZSF on first playthrough - and then have grown to really love it. The wayfinding is honestly some of the worst in game design, and there is essentially no tutorial on the game's most interesting and innovative combat element (the OWL) which the games encounters really require you to be using ALL the time. But once you conquer the wayfinding and know the levels a bit, it's really enjoyable. Certainly a mixed bag, but capable of some really awesome moments. And the concept is great. Horrible ending for sure though.

At these prices, I feel like both of these games are no-brainers if you don't have them.

Toki767

Which is better? Ihave Samurai 4 and Dynasty 8, if that makes a difference and usually play co- op

Dynasty Warriors = Chinese history
Samurai Warriors = Japanese history
Warriors Orochi = Demon mythology

So basically take your pick. I think Samurai Warriors 4-II is newer though.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

As a longtime fan, I think Warriors Orochi 3 is one of the better entries. You'll likely appreciate the guest characters from other franchises and the wacky storyline is more enjoyable the usual fare. Really think this is the one to go for, just keep in mind it predates both games you own, so some mechanics may feel a bit antiquated.

Sam Warriors 4-II I have heard is a minor update to the original. The new content isn't as strong overall, but some new features are supposedly nice. Most fans seem to argue sticking with SW4 vanilla though(which is why I have avoided purchase). Only get if you loved SW4 and want more I suppose.

Attack on Titan I have heard great things about, currently debating purchase myself.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I bought Fat Princess Adventures because it's one of the few types of games my gf will play with me, and we were both bored out of our minds. Loaded it up once and never again.

kunonabi

ended up the Yomawari/htolniq bundle and Jeanne D'arc.

Might grab Short Peace and Natural Doctrine too depending on how things go.

Matty77

So after buying Rise of the Necromancer for D3 I had $5 left in my account (I only use codes) so I bought Shadow of Mordor and while I see why it got mixed reviews and is considered one of the most lackluster GOTY's it has enough interesting ideas and will keep me occupied for the four dollars I spent for the complete edition.

I won't be playing it straight anyways it's really just going to be my break from Diablo 3 game.

I have Ico and Shadow of Colossus in my cart, and am now debating picking up either Last of Us or Ratchet and Clank Collection (PS3 versions....don't own a PS4 yet). Thoughts, GAF? I'm also amenable to switching out Ico, as I've heard...mixed things about it.

I was going to entertain the Jak and Daxter/Sly collections, but it seems that Ratchet and Clank is the best of 'em all.

EDIT: Wow, there are a lot of Ratchet games...I doubt I'd ever have time to play em all lol.

I have Ico and Shadow of Colossus in my cart, and am now debating picking up either Last of Us or Ratchet and Clank Collection (PS3 versions....don't own a PS4 yet). Thoughts, GAF? I'm also amenable to switching out Ico, as I've heard...mixed things about it.

I was going to entertain the Jak and Daxter/Sly collections, but it seems that Ratchet and Clank is the best of 'em all.

Well if you don't have a specific interest or dislike of the genres, Last of Us and SOTC are just the best from a story perspective.

Have you really never played SoTC? It's unlike anything else. If you intend to get a PS4, maybe wait for that.

R&C is going to be the most fun.

As for ICO, I really liked ICO and I first played the PS3 version. A little rough, sure, but Im a fan of Team ICO.

Well if you don't have a specific interest or dislike of the genres, Last of Us and SOTC are just the best from a story perspective.

Have you really never played SoTC? It's unlike anything else. If you intend to get a PS4, maybe wait for that.

R&C is going to be the most fun.

As for ICO, I really liked ICO and I first played the PS3 version. A little rough, sure, but Im a fan of Team ICO.

Hmmm yeah, the gameplay seemed rough for ICO but I've heard wonderful things about that Team's games, so I've been meaning to try em out for ages. I do intend to get a PS4 in the future, but who knows when that'll happen haha. I might skip the Last of Us, since the PS4 version is prolly the better one to pick up since it comes with everything.

I'm getting Ratchet & Clank.

Tempted to get Shadow of Mordor. But I've seen a predominantly negative stance regarding the game here at GAF. Seems contradictory to what reviews are saying. Am I missing something?

Scrawnton

I picked up ratchet and clank and god of war 3 because those prices are cheap as heck. I bought and platinumed R&C last year at launch and traded it in. Picking it up again because I hear it's amazing on a PS4 Pro and HDR tv.

Tempted to get Shadow of Mordor. But I've seen a predominantly negative stance regarding the game here at GAF. Seems contradictory to what reviews are saying. Am I missing something?
At that price it's a no brainer. A lot of people are salty that it won as many big GotY awards as it did because it's not really that good. It's a standar openworld action game in the vein of Batman and Assassisins Creed but with a cool boss feature.

I don't think it deserves the awards but it's a good game.

Top Bottom