• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mid year sale on NA PSN (finally,there is some good deals)

Qwark

Any thoughts on the psp jak and daxter game? It's the only game in the series I haven't played, not sure if I should bother at this point.

I'd like to know this too, I've heard Lost Frontier is bad, but maybe it's still worth checking out for a fan.

I'd like to know this too, I've heard Lost Frontier is bad, but maybe it's still worth checking out for a fan.

The story is cack and it's a shadow of the console games, but it can be fun if you're a fan of the series. I don't regret playing it, I guess? :p

LordOfChaos

God of War 3 remastered or just do the PSNow trial for it?

Getting Rachet for sure, maybe Adrift just because it's pocket change.

When do the sales change over?

Wood Man

Thinking about:

ADR1FT
Jotun: Valhalla Edition

Both looked like games i would enjoy. And with those prices I'm not taking much of a risk.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Thinking about:

ADR1FT
Jotun: Valhalla Edition

Both looked like games i would enjoy. And with those prices I'm not taking much of a risk.

Jotun is alright. Tells a compelling tale and has decent action mechanics. Some nice animations and large bosses. A short and decent weekend game.

35424567622_436564f76c_z.jpg

Ended up getting all these 3 for $20CAD, awesome sale.

On another note, Super Stardust Ultra worth it? I never played it to begin with.

autoduelist

for those like me that swear by Gladiator Begins [also on sale], I just discovered, going through games that I've never heard of, that 'Clan of Champions' is a spiritual successor... and on sale for like 39 cents for ps3. My ps3 isn't even hooked up, but I'm all over that.

Ok, I've never played a Ratchet game. Is it 'really' worth a playthrough at that price? I'm actually mainly interested in it as a 4k/ HDR showcase for what I upgrade my TV and OG ps4 later this year.

Uh, yeah? It's an absolute classic. Super fun, cool weapons, light platforming, great sense of humor, family friendly.

Is Diablo 3 worth it at this price if I've never played it?

It's worth full price.

There are literally thousands of posts here from people asking their fellow gaming enthusiasts an opinion on a particular game. That's MY choice as far as how I prefer to digest an opinion on a game. Is there anything in my post saying that I think gaming sites are worthless? Or that I don't trust them? Does my post say that I don't read pro reviews from time to time? Are theirs the only opinions I need to consider? Am I not allowed to ask questions here about a game? Ok then, so I can't say I get your post either.

I think he was objecting to your style of asking. "Is it 'really' worth a play through?" with 'really' in single quotes, when you're talking about an absolute classic of a game with a huge following, a huge franchise, and even a movie. The game was completely remade to modern specs and great reviews... so, yes, it's 'really' worth a play through. It was worth $40, it's certainly worth this sale price.

It's not anything that I would have commented on it myself originally, but I definitely noticed your ask was a bit odd too but overlooked it because, well, the internet.

MarkusRJR

So I've never been a bit PS person and mostly buy them for RPGs, but these first party games are so cheap on PS3.

Which do you guys recommend? Uncharted 1-3, Jak Trilogy, Ratchet Collection? I'm leaning towards buying Uncharted but idk.

watdaeff4

So I've never been a bit PS person and mostly buy them for RPGs, but these first party games are so cheap on PS3.

Which do you guys recommend? Uncharted 1-3, Jak Trilogy, Ratchet Collection? I'm leaning towards buying Uncharted but idk.

I love the Uncharted games. Though a lot will tell you that the first is a "bad" game.
FWIW that is one of the few times in life that opinions can be wrong :)

Out of the Trilogies you listed, I would say:

Uncharted --> Ratchet --> Jak.

Brizzo24

I own physical Ratchet and Clank and Shadow of Mordor. Both are excellent!

I recently beat GoW III too, so not interested in that. Ironically, only one catching my eye is LEGO Hobbit. Is it worth it?

Tonyx

So wait there will be new sales next Tuesday?

Yes. Every Tuesdays there are sales that last a week. And about once a month there is a Flash Sale that goes from the Friday to the Monday (on top of the weekly sale).

Take note, however, that not every week the sales are so good as this one. There have been many week with nothing remotely interesting offered. Then again, lately Sony seems kinda on fire with those sales so.. who knows?

autoduelist

How is Resistance Vita?

I don't need it to be great, and I know it reviewed badly... but I don't need it to be perfect in anyway [I have a high tolerance for jank]. Is it worth it at this price? I mean, Unit 13 reviewed badly and that game is fantastic if you can look past the graphics.

Brandon F

PSN store updates every Tues. Usually a sale accompanies it(and a thread is often posted if so as seen here).

Some week-long sales are more prolific(like this massive sale), while others are publisher-focused(Ubi Sale week!). I can't recall the last time there wasn't an active discount of sorts on PSN.

Also, weekend "Flash Sales" tend to happen separately on Friday(usually third Fri of the month, but it can vary). They can occur simultaneous to the weekly sales(as seen last weekend).

Brandon F

I recently beat GoW III too, so not interested in that. Ironically, only one catching my eye is LEGO Hobbit. Is it worth it?

Lego Hobbit is just ok.

Similar to other recent Lego titles by jamming movie dialogue into the characters which loses a bit of the whimsy and charm from the antics. Also focuses on a -massive- hub world to traverse(Middle Earth) with tons of side-activities and collectibles to scour, but it feels a bit hollow. Many of the story levels have the usual Lego puzzles, but also jam up plenty of dull "kill waves of fodder" sequences that muck up progression. Only really worth it if you love the films(only follows the first two films). I really enjoy the Lego games, but Hobbit was one of the more forgettable entries.

I think he was objecting to your style of asking. "Is it 'really' worth a play through?" with 'really' in single quotes, when you're talking about an absolute classic of a game with a huge following, a huge franchise, and even a movie. The game was completely remade to modern specs and great reviews... so, yes, it's 'really' worth a play through. It was worth $40, it's certainly worth this sale price.

It's not anything that I would have commented on it myself originally, but I definitely noticed your ask was a bit odd too but overlooked it because, well, the internet.

Regardless, he could have responded in a less antagonistic manner. 'Are you one of those people who........ etc etc'. Ummm.... where did that come from?? Why would me asking if a game is worth a play-through, regardless of anything the term 'really' can be interpreted to mean, cause a question about whether I think gaming review sites are worthless? Really, it was a simple, innocent question that really doesn't warrant the analysis and attention it's receiving.

How is Resistance Vita?

I don't need it to be great, and I know it reviewed badly... but I don't need it to be perfect in anyway [I have a high tolerance for jank]. Is it worth it at this price? I mean, Unit 13 reviewed badly and that game is fantastic if you can look past the graphics.

I'm guessing my saying 'really' must have really flipped my original question into a whole different category for interpretation, because it looks as though what you're asking 'is this game worth it at this price' isn't too different from what I was asking before. Maybe I'm missing something....

Briarios

There seems to be some confusion here, because the store generally updates weekly.

However, this is a two week sale, and prices are good until 8am on July 11.

It's possible some games or a different sale will be added next week, but I wouldn't expect too much.

Cornbread78

How is Resistance Vita?

It's worth it for that price. It's fun, but pretty short and doesn't offer a great deal of variety on the game play. Still worth it for cheap money IMO though.

I own physical Ratchet and Clank and Shadow of Mordor. Both are excellent!

It's one of the few LEGO games I haven't purchases because it's only the first two movies.

For some stupid reason they decided to come out with this game before the 3rd Movie was done and I don't think the game did well enough for them to bother putting in the content afterwards as DLC.

The LEGO games are all fairly similar, so if you like the source material enough it might be worth it for you, but if you're like me the game not being "complete" will be irritating.

There seems to be some confusion here, because the store generally updates weekly.

However, this is a two week sale, and prices are good until 8am on July 11.

It's possible some games or a different sale will be added next week, but I wouldn't expect too much.

Ahh that's was what I was wondeing thanks.

goonie

Sorry if it's been discussed already, but what's the consensus on the Attack on Titan game? I watched a couple videos and it looked fun to move around. Seemed like the players I watched were pretty new to the game, so I'm not too sure if the combat is clunky or if they were just bad.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone play the DriveClub Bikes expansion? And if so, is it worth the standalone price? Thanks.

AlexBasch

I really regret not buying the GoW PSP games when they were like $3 each a few weeks ago.

They don't have trophies but still!: P

Fisty

Yeah, I was trying it last night as well and I could never get it to work.

Their support email's response made me chuckle.

"Send us a picture of the card you are trying to use so we can verify it's legitimate" lmao yeah right I don't need the $10 that bad

God of War 3 remastered or just do the PSNow trial for it?

Getting Rachet for sure, maybe Adrift just because it's pocket change.

When do the sales change over?
I tried the psnow trial for the first game and it didn't work because the input lag/net code was too poor to complete some of the qte mashing lol

Fisty

Looks like there is a 10% off PSN cards deal back up on PayPal Digital Gifts on eBay, in case anyone needs wallet funds. The greenmangaming one wouldn't work for me

ZangBa

Just going to leave this little warning for anyone unlikely to be in the same situation as me. Twisted Metal is on sale for 2 bucks right now, but if you owned the game physically and used custom skins at some point, it seems impossible to go online because of an error loop. You can get online through another account, but that's wack and how the fuck hasn't this been fixed years ago? Also, if you owned it physically, for whatever dumbfuck reason, saves for digital and physical copies are seperate.

How is Resistance Vita?

If you could enjoy Unit 13 despite its poor graphics and meh storyline, you will probably enjoy Resistance Vita. I found it to be a fun, if unremarkable, first person shooter. It pales in comparison to Killzone Mercenary, but if you've already played that then it's worth a playthrough for the $5 it's going for. Super easy platinum too.

Top Bottom