• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mid year sale on NA PSN (finally,there is some good deals)

graywolf323

Gold Member
I know this answer is a bit late and you've probably already done the research yourself, but as far as I know, it's practically useless. I'm not sure it even has the costumes, all I do know is that it has a couple one use items and XP packs or something like that. They just tacked on "Season Pass" to make its meaningless "DLC" more attractive to passerby.

oh wow, I was tempted because I thought it included the costumes

thanks for the save

Piotrek

Quick question - should I get the Sly Cooper trilogy or the Ratchet and Clank one for Vita?
I got a PS2 deep into the PSWII360 era and missed out on those.

Edit: I played Thieves in Time on Vita a few years ago and really liked it if that’s any indication.

I picked up the following

Motorstorm Apocalypse
Resistance Burning Skies
Starhawk Ultimate Edition
Pixel Piracy

As a huge Warhawk fan I never did get around to Starhawk which is a shame. Anyone know if folks still play it on PS3? Warhawk still has a small community.

Finally got Yomawari, which I've been meaning to pick up for ages now. I've played maybe five minutes.

1) this is an insanely strong recreation of the look and feel of night in a Japanese town.
2) I'm already so spooked that I'm posting instead of playing more.

Bluenoser

Rachet & Clank, and Shadow of Mordor bought.... and will probably sit there for months before I touch them... I think I have a problem.

Cornbread78

and will probably sit there for months before I touch them... I think I have a problem.

Umm, yeah, about that.......

A9ot0iD.gif

Don't worry, we all have the same addiction problem here; you're amung friends....

Pengu

Neo Member
Any thoughts on the psp jak and daxter game? It's the only game in the series I haven't played, not sure if I should bother at this point.

reKon

Banned
Ok, I've never played a Ratchet game. Is it 'really' worth a playthrough at that price? I'm actually mainly interested in it as a 4k/ HDR showcase for what I upgrade my TV and OG ps4 later this year.

I don't get posts like these. Are you one of those people who think reviews from various gaming/tech sites are completely worthless? Even if you don't fully trust them they tend to be fairly a good barometer for what's good.

This is what I got so far

Which PS3 Ratchet and Clank games are worth it? Just got Tools of Destruction physical today.

Tools of Destruction is great, and the Arena is awesome. Probably my favorite arena next to Up Your Arsenal.

Any recommendation in the genre of rouge like?.

Rogue Legacy, definitely.

Been eyeing Tear Away Unfolded for some time. How good is it on the PS4? Is it worth it at $10?

I got it on PS+ and it's fantastic. You REALLY personalize the experience, and if you have a camera, it's even better. But the things you make are things you see throughout the whole game. Totally great and I was NOT expecting to like it so much.

I don't get posts like these. Are you one of those people who think reviews from various gaming/tech sites are completely worthless? Even if you don't fully trust them they tend to be fairly a good barometer for what's good.

There are literally thousands of posts here from people asking their fellow gaming enthusiasts an opinion on a particular game. That's MY choice as far as how I prefer to digest an opinion on a game. Is there anything in my post saying that I think gaming sites are worthless? Or that I don't trust them? Does my post say that I don't read pro reviews from time to time? Are theirs the only opinions I need to consider? Am I not allowed to ask questions here about a game? Ok then, so I can't say I get your post either.

KalBalboa

Banned
I picked up the following

Motorstorm Apocalypse
Resistance Burning Skies
Starhawk Ultimate Edition
Pixel Piracy

As a huge Warhawk fan I never did get around to Starhawk which is a shame. Anyone know if folks still play it on PS3? Warhawk still has a small community.

Starhawk is a gem. Even if the online community is dead, the campaign and co-op modes are great.

Banned
If you're a late adopter of the PS4 there's some awesome deals here. If you've had a PS4 for awhile you've likely already bought and played these games.

reKon

Banned
There are literally thousands of posts here from people asking their fellow gaming enthusiasts an opinion on a particular game. That's MY choice as far as how I prefer to digest an opinion on a game. Is there anything in my post saying that I think gaming sites are worthless? Or that I don't trust them? Does my post say that I don't read pro reviews from time to time? Are theirs the only opinions I need to consider? Am I not allowed to ask questions here about a game? Ok then, so I can't say I get your post either.

There's nothing wrong with asking GAF for opinions, but usually most people would ask what you did for a cheap game that didn't review well. That's where I've seen people ask 'is it worth playing through, even at this price?' This game reviewed well almost everywhere and it's a relatively cheap exclusive from a well regarded developer (which is somewhat relative).

That's what I didn't get.

But in case you still need to know, most people in GAF will tell you to buy it, even if they were disappointed in this one compares to other ratchet games.

Ok, I've never played a Ratchet game. Is it 'really' worth a playthrough at that price? I'm actually mainly interested in it as a 4k/ HDR showcase for what I upgrade my TV and OG ps4 later this year.

It was worth it when I bought it for $39.99. It's definitely worth it for $7.99, and if you want a showcase, then ABSOLUTELY. Game is stunning.

There's nothing wrong with asking GAF for opinions, but usually most people would ask what you did for a cheap game that didn't review well. That's where I've seen people ask 'is it worth playing through, even at this price?' This game reviewed well almost everywhere and it's a relatively cheap exclusive from a well regarded developer (which is somewhat relative).

That's what I didn't get.

But in case you still need to know, most people in GAF will tell you to buy it, even if they were disappointed in this one compares to other ratchet games.

I'm not aware of what rationale people use when asking questions about a game on here, nor is it my concern. MY reason which I more or less stated right from the get-go, was because I've never played a Ratchet game before and from reading about the PS4 version casually on GAF, people have spoken highly of its production values especially when running through a PS4 PRO and HDR-capable 4kTV. I basically gave the primary motivating reason for my interest right in the post you quoted. Beyond that, I'm not aware of how well it reviewed or how well its generally considered on here. So no, my question was not of the 'ok I heard that game was kinda meh, but for $7.99 is it worth playing? variety; Noting in my post implied that was my mentality. I also in a follow-up post said that 'was it worth my time?' was equally if not more important than the actual cost.

I trust that clarifies my position, not that I felt obligated to do so.

Picked up:

God of War III Remastered
Super Stardust Ultra
Fat Princess Adventures
Shadow of Mordor -- GOTY

I owned Mordor years ago, but for $3.99 and all DLC, it's worth just having. GOW3 is cheaper enough to bite on (wish they had all of them available). Fat Princess I saw a couple videos about and it seems worth it for $1.99. Even if I completely hate it, two bucks is nothing. Super Stardust Ultra is Housemarque, so it was a no-brainer at that price.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Picked up:

God of War III Remastered
Super Stardust Ultra
Fat Princess Adventures
Shadow of Mordor -- GOTY

I owned Mordor years ago, but for $3.99 and all DLC, it's worth just having. GOW3 is cheaper enough to bite on (wish they had all of them available). Fat Princess I saw a couple videos about and it seems worth it for $1.99. Even if I completely hate it, two bucks is nothing. Super Stardust Ultra is Housemarque, so it was a no-brainer at that price.

Fat Princess is fun for that price. It's not as good as the previous one, but it's still irreverent and has some lasting power.

Just_one

really on the fence with ratchet & clank (normal price without plus 7€)...

finishing platinum horizon right now...could really use something else to play after....

really on the fence with ratchet & clank (normal price without plus)...

finishing platinum horizon right now...could really use something else to play after....

Take the plunge. Ratchet & Clank is super fun, looks gorgeous, and is addictive enough to NG+. It'll give you a totally different experience than Horizon, as well.

Cudder

Has anyone played Jotun?

It looks amazing.

It's a great little game, especially if you're interested in Norse Mythology. Authentic Icelandic voice over's narrate the whole thing. It's mostly boss battles, with the in between gameplay consisting of traversing different worlds/areas while avoiding smaller enemies and elemental dangers. Cool art style too.

Top Bottom