• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mid year sale on NA PSN (finally,there is some good deals)

Fisty

Damn just noticed the Ratchet and Clank Future games are on sale too at $4 each, they don't seem to be in the OP though. Fantastic sale, just randomly went on PS3 store and there are some great games on there for dirt cheap

Looking at a few games, would like any and all impressions! :)

-The Flame and the Flood - trailer makes this look super neat.

-Submerged: saw a gif of this game a while back and it looked neat.

-Bound: I've had my eye on this one for a while.

-Wheels of Aurelia: this looks crazy but interesting.

Bound is very, very pretty, but a bad platformer. It may be worth looking at something else for $8. I didn't really like it. But the visuals are awesome.

rackham

I've heard the vita collections are terrible.
Please confirm so I don't think about getting them.
I've only played jak 2 on vita when I rented it at the time and it ran pretty great. Can't speak for the other two games because I returned it early for Catherine or something

wbEMX

I'll get Ratchet, I think. I need a good show-off game for the Pro beside Horizon and I never played a R&C game before, so why not start with the remake? :)

Wozman23

The first two I just bought today, after having them on my list for a while. I'm excited to give them a go.

With The Flame and the Flood, I don't know a ton about it. The survival style gameplay isn't really something I'm that fond of, but I really just want to witness the lovely art direction.

Submerged was on my radar pre-release, but the reviews were fair to middling, so I decided to pass. Again, the art style looks great, and it's hard to argue with $2.

Bound I did play, and I too didn't like it much. It seems like a style over substance game, it doesn't do a lot gameplay wise, but a lot of people did enjoy it.

At these prices, I think they're all definitely worth a shot.

(I also decided to trade my Ratchet & Clank and Knack discs to GameStop to switch to digital. I don't ever trade and prefer physical, but by trading any 6 games to get 70% extra credit I couldn't resist. They gave me $13.60 for R&C and I rebought it for $8, and Knack got 3.40, and digital is $5, so overall I profited to switch. Plus I couldn't resist the other $100+ I got for stuff I didn't really care for and needed to declutter since I'm planning to move, and now my PSN account and Microsoft account are ready for the fall.)

P.S. Anyone who purchases Knack: It's not that great. But don't let that discourage you from the sequel which actually looks to have corrected all my gripes.

kunonabi

How well does htolniq play on the pstv? Also, is the game any good? Im thinking of getting the bundle with Yomawari.

BRYCKER

I can only pick one:

One of the God of War remasters (I've played them all except the ones for PSP)
One of the Disgaeas (I've only played the first one)
Gravity Rush

WHAT SHOULD I DO GAF?!

I'm incredibly biased towards the God of War franchise, so that's my choice for you. Granted your post is lightyears old, so I wonder whatcha picked!

jrDev

I want to try this Ratchet but I'm kind of hesitant since I don't know if I'll like it since I've played one years ago and it just didn't do anything for me...

But in for Shadow of Mordor and GOW3 for $6 each...

Apathy

Does it show "purchased" for Jeanne d'Arc on the main search of games for anyone else even though you've never bought it and then on the actual store page for the game it shows the price?

NVM, Apparently I bought the game at some point and just didn't realize it (or it was a ps+ game and don't recall, maybe I was drunk when I bought it)

Fisty

I believe Jak collection is the only one that had issues.

I've heard R&C is good, and I can vouch for Sly and GOW collections.

Also, ICO and SotC are fantastic on Vita using PS3 remote play if anyone cares. The novelty is cool, and it works really well.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It's hilarious that Koei-Tecmo considers $24 a totally fair sale price for Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate PS4 in 2017, especially when it's been £19.99 regular price on UK PSN for ages now (and on sale for as low as £11.99).

pa22word

Only played r+c on vita and that collection has definite input lag issues for whatever reason. It's very noticeable (especially if you've played the originals) but not gamebreaking.

reKon

Banned
I have a stupid long backlog, but Shadow of Mordor at that price....

STILL pass, lol. I'm never going to play and it's that price on steam too.

Ratchet on the other hand...

I've already beat and own the physical, but I'm a sucker for having digital versions of all the best games.

forrest

formerly nacire
Man, trying to decide between Ratchet & Clank on PS4 (Ive never played the original) or grabbing Snake Pass for Switch.

everyer

punch club+hitman go+baseball riot+wheels of aurelia for me...

1000 Top rated: wow!!!0.98 for a platinum trophy game!!!

KLonso

Ah, I've been waiting for Disgaea 5 to go on sale and Jeanne D'arc happens to be on sale at the same time? Great sale.

So looking at Amazon I bought the Sly Collection for PS3 on April 2014 and then bought the Vita version October 2014.

I'm super surprised I own the Vita version as I played though the first game on PS3.

Huh.

Weevilone

How stupid am I that im about to buy Diablo 3 Eternal Collection even though I already have the game on disc already.

I just did this, because it's a game I go back to so much.

That being said I didn't figure out how to download it before my ISP decided to take me offline for some midnight maintenance.

Ok, I've never played a Ratchet game. Is it 'really' worth a playthrough at that price? I'm actually mainly interested in it as a 4k/ HDR showcase for what I upgrade my TV and OG ps4 later this year.

Does the Tales of Hearts R Season Pass have anything of value making it worth getting?

I know this answer is a bit late and you've probably already done the research yourself, but as far as I know, it's practically useless. I'm not sure it even has the costumes, all I do know is that it has a couple one use items and XP packs or something like that. They just tacked on "Season Pass" to make its meaningless "DLC" more attractive to passerby.

Top Bottom