• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mid year sale on NA PSN (finally,there is some good deals)

Tempted to buy Vita collections of games I already own on PS3 to have them playable off-tv even with the horrible performance.

PS2 Collections on Vita:
Ratchet
Sly
Jak
God of War Origins

Thoughts on these ports?

Interesting that Jax is $10, Sly is $15 and Ratchet $20 for the collections? I guess based on how strong the respective franchises are right now?

How's Parappa on PSP and Berserk on Vita? How do they compare to the PS4 versions?

Also which Hot Shots are recommended? World Invitational on Vita is super cheap but the PS3 version seems to have more content and move support. Is Out of Bounds any good? A complete bundle for less than $5 seems nice.

Is it worth it to get the Vita version for World Invitational additionally if I get the PS3 version?

Cornbread78

It's a steal for all three games, though 0 also has all the story from 1 inside of it.
They're mediocre SRPGs that take an assload of time to beat but if that's your thing you're not gonna get a better price than this. It's like $1/60 hours of gameplay, haha.

Makes me seriously wish they were on Vita. Having these portable would be A++++ and I would shell out a tob of money for it..

sn00zer

Tempted to buy Vita collections of games I already own on PS3 to have them playable off-tv even with the horrible performance.

PS2 Collections on Vita:
Ratchet
Sly
Jak
God of War Origins

How's Parappa on PSP and Berserk on Vita? How do they compare to the PS4 versions?

Also which Hot Shots are recommended:
If you have a Vita i highly recommend the Vita version. Did not like the PS3 outting but couldnt tell you why.

Nydius

Yes. You can solo the vast majority of the game.

Nice, I was wondering this as well. I've been waiting to jump into ESO but I'd be playing largely by myself as well since most of my friends aren't into ESO games not named Skyrim. The Morrowind bundle has my interest.

If you have a Vita i highly recommend the Vita version. Did not like the PS3 outting but couldnt tell you why.

Which game did you mean specifically?

Hot Shots? Is the PS3 outing in reference to Out of Bounds? As in my edited post above noted World Invitational was ported to PS3 with more content and Move Controls.

sn00zer

Which game did you mean specifically?

Hot Shots? Is the PS3 outing in reference to Out of Bounds? As in my edited post above noted World Invitational was ported to PS3 with more content and Move Controls.
Oh meant out of bounds, not as good as invitational. Didnt play wirld invitational on ps3, but the game is perfect for vita if you travel. If you dont travel so much then get invitational on ps3.

Gunkankun

How is Malicious PS4? One of the few PS3 games i ever stopped entirely due to technical reasons

Runs pretty great and the fights are pretty fun. Finished the first 5 bosses and am now on a finalish boss stage. The game does seems to centre around improving yourself and getting better scores. Graphics are decent but not great. No plat trophy if you care about that. Was happy with my purchase. Frame rate was very solid.

jiggle

In for disgaea 5 and zesturia

How much is disgaea 5 with psn+ discount?

I wonder if I should activate my 1year psn+ sub for this

Kwixotik

This is a list of what I'm considering. For the most part I'm unfamiliar with all of these games except the ps3 collections which I played the shit out of on ps2. Except God of war, which I have never played in my life. Anyone want to strongly recommend any of these?

Ps4
Shadow of mordor goty $4
God of War 3 remastered $4
Ratchet and clank $8
Arcade game series $3
Rogue legacy $3.39
Jotun $5
Trine trilogy $7.50
Another World $1.59
Chronicles of Teddy $3

Ps3
Jak/Daxter $4
Ratchet and clank collection $8
Sly collection $6
God of War ascension/origins $2 each

Gunkankun

How is Tales of Hearts R?

Personally didnt feel much for the characters but alot of people hold it and its gameplay in high regard. Localisation has some odd moments but nothing that should flatout run the experience. If youve played a tales game before and want one on the go then go for it.

J3ffro

My PS4 has been primarily a media player since I built my PC - waiting for a deal on R&C and a couple other exclusives. Turns out I had $5.85 in my wallet, so I'm out of pocket only $5. Can't wait to get home.

Darknight

I hate PSN sometimes...

Super Stardust Ultra – $6.49, $5.19
Super Stardust Ultra VR – $9.99, $7.99

I bought the regular game but the VR package is cheaper than the VR add-on? VR add-on for me is $10.

How is Malicious PS4? One of the few PS3 games i ever stopped entirely due to technical reasons

I love how every release if Malicious from PS3 to Vita to PS4 added a new chapter. PS3 had Slayer, Vita has Slayer and Rebirth, while PS4 has both along with the final chapters Pursuit and Demise.

It's like this little small game they've been slowly building up to being something bigger in its final form.

Foxxsoxx

A ton of extra shit? Fallout 4 and most Fallout/Elder Scrolls games evolve with the content packs and not the main game.

I wouldn't say that the content of the season pass exceeds Fallout 4s base content >_>

Was just hoping it'd be like Witcher and actually be a decent price.

Fallout 4: $20

Fallout 4 season pass: $34

Sure okay what a steal.

hydruxo

How's The Flame in the Flood? I remember seeing it a while back before it came out and it looked really neat but I don't think I've seen much talk about it since.

Also which Hot Shots are recommended? World Invitational on Vita is super cheap but the PS3 version seems to have more content and move support. Is Out of Bounds any good? A complete bundle for less than $5 seems nice.

World Invitational is a Vita game at heart, the PS3 version offers nothing new besides a resolution bump and the Move support (which I've never tried). The DLC is cross-buy and online play has both systems on the same server, but the game is not cross-save so keep that in mind if you're thinking about getting both versions. Some people feel it is easier to do the power shot on Vita.

Out Of Bounds Complete has not just the DLC, but the last patch with Move and 3D support, which is nice because I don't think the disc version can access patches anymore. Servers are gone, so obviously no online play. The DLC characters are fun (Kratos and Sackboy) and overall the courses are a little more challenging than World Invitational, but I like the mechanics and feel of WI a little more.

That's a bit harsh.. it's probably the worst uncharted game but it's enjoyable and not too long.

If you are an uncharted fan it's worth it on sale.

I think in some ways it was better then 1, but killed by the constant "lets show off vita features!' stuff.

If you redid a lot of those, you could make it into a fairy neat standalone DLC episode. Best shooting controls in the series as well.

sn00zer

I love how every release if Malicious from PS3 to Vita to PS4 added a new chapter. PS3 had Slayer, Vita has Slayer and Rebirth, while PS4 has both along with the final chapters Pursuit and Demise.

It's like this little small game they've been slowly building up to being something bigger in its final form.
soooo good?

PudieRSC

Fuck it. Bought The Unfinished Swan.

Almost bought R&C but $10 is about all the fun money I have left and I have a big enough back log anyways. I'll grab it next time.

cucuchu

For roughly $20 I got Adr1ft, Mad Max, Knack and GOW3 remaster. Would of spent at least $200 if I bought those titles around when they launched! Awesome sale...terrible for my hopes of knocking a dent in my backlog though.

Top Bottom