• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mid year sale on NA PSN (finally,there is some good deals)

Is Diablo pretty good with a controller or should I play it on PC with K/M?

It works fine with a controller so the question you should be asking yourself is which way YOU would prefer to play it and purchase accordingly. That is the biggest question, not graphics, etc.

Has anyone played Everybody's Golf 6/Hot Shot's Golf world invitational?

It's always a game that's interested me, for reasons I'm not even sure of myself. Does it play more like an arcade golf game such as Mario Golf or closer to a simulator such a the old Tiger Woods games? Is the replay value high enough to justify it?

It's like Mario Golf. It's not at all a simulator. It's a lot of fun. And yeah, the replay value is high considering all the characters, courses and unlockables. It hasn't left my Vita in years.

Yu Furealdo

God of War 3 Remasterd worth it for someone who never has played a GoW game?

I'd play the first two beforehand. A lot of the fun in playing that trilogy is the path of Kratos's revenge.

IMO playing 3 first would be like watching Kill Bill Vol. 2 before Vol. 1.

The multiple version of ESO Morrowind is confusing me. There's the Upgrade Morrowind, Standard Morrowind, and Collector's Morrowind. The fact that the Upgrade one is separate makes me think that the Standard Morrowind includes the base game. Can anyone confirm that?

I've been looking for a cheap MMORPG to play on PS4 with my group of friends IRL, and I've heard that ESO has improved a lot since it first launched. Is it worth $40?

Thinking about Diablo 3. Does that include the necro at that price? Is Diablo pretty good with a controller or should I play it on PC with K/M? Is there a big difference in performance/graphics if I have a regular PS4 vs. a PC that would be easily capable of making everything?
P
Diablo plays perfectly, especially so on the controller.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
God of War 3 Remasterd worth it for someone who never has played a GoW game?

Yea, it's a lavish action game that is designed for anyone to jump in, mash out some basic combos and gawk at the gorgeous scenery and spectacle moments. May be a bit lost in terms of motivation and logic behind Kratos' inanity, but really the narrative core has been lost for over a decade so just roll with it.

gunstarhero

Yup! $8.

Asking about how good these games are. If you've got any input please let me know!

Shadow of the Beast

Not being hyperbolic - it was legit one of my favorite games last year. As far as platformers go, it has a completely unique feel to it. It takes some getting used to, but well worth learning the nuances.

Most people didn't seem to like it, but I LOVED it. Lot's of meta challenges and secrets to find as well. And the graphics/sound are top notch. Highly recommend.

Bustanen

So how easy is it to buy from the US Store? I am pretty new to the PSN ecosystem, and currently only have a EU PS+ account. I buy a lot of stuff from the US Xbox Live but is it as easy as that on PSN?

I guess its pretty impossible to get PS+ on a US account though?
Just make a US account with fake address and preferably in a 0 tax state. PSN cards you can buy from Amazon or Gaffers. PS+ you can buy like anything else but for free trial you'll need a US credit card I think.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Was Trine 3 any good?

Nowhere near as good as Trine 1 and 2. Like not even close. Budget issues forced the team to release in a near unfinished state, so the game is super short and relatively easy. Still a nice proof of concept for what could have been a killer follow-up. If you are a fan of the first two, may as well check it out, but keep expectations in check.

TMC

Nowhere near as good as Trine 1 and 2. Like not even close. Budget issues forced the team to release in a near unfinished state, so the game is super short and relatively easy. Still a nice proof of concept for what could have been a killer follow-up. If you are a fan of the first two, may as well check it out, but keep expectations in check.

Thanks! I will likely pass on it if it isn't as good. Too many other games I could play instead.

DrkSage

Gonna pick up shadows of mordor + ratchet and clank. Can't let SoM pass since the sequel is coming and this will probably be the cheapest way I'll find it. Also thinking on picking up GoWlll just to replay it again on my ps4

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone else having trouble buying things on PSN right now? I'm getting that (Missed Charges) issue on both the web store and directly on the PS4 store. I asked my brother if he was getting the same issue and he was too.

Just make a US account with fake address and preferably in a 0 tax state. PSN cards you can buy from Amazon or Gaffers. PS+ you can buy like anything else but for free trial you'll need a US credit card I think.

I assume this would work for a JPN account as well? I had one on my ps3 for demos and such but never tried actual JPN Yen or PS+ cards. In Canada, btw.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
And now I need to sort a US account because R&C and GOW pricing is ridiculously good.

Print_Dog

Nice! Ratchet and Clank is mine. My kid wants to start streaming. Might let R&C be his first game. He's 8.

Shadow of Mordor. I'm like 4 away from platinum. Might as well.

MauroNL

Thanks, I'll try it out tonight!

Lylo

I haven't touched my PS4 in months but i couldn't resist, you won Sony, i picked up GOW III and Ratchet and Clank.

Z3M0G

This sale is pretty insane... I have all the highlights already, of course... :/ But still... there are a lot of PSP JRPGs on sale for what I assume is $1 or $2 USD... very tempting to scoop up a few of them just to try them out and see if anything sticks.

It sucks that you can't trust the filters on the web store to filter down the content... because I tried that last sale and it removed a LOT of items from the list that were actually part of the sale.

Purist

Neo Member
Ratchet and Clank, been eye-balling it for weeks. It's mine now. Also, I loved Jeanne D'Arc on PSP but never got to finish it. Bought!

sense

Jeanne d'Arc $3.75.

Buy it people!

Edit: for PSP/Vita
Yessss, always wanted to try this. This and grand kingdom for vita are sure buys so far. Games like shadow of mordor, gow3, r&c,
knack
seem like "buy before it goes on plus later this year" stuff lol

Z3M0G

So is Bound by Flame worth $5??

Also NAtURAL DOCtRINE... I remember looking at this one before... any redeeming qualities? It looks like a better Valkyria game than the one that releases today :p Edit: looks fun for $5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKJn0-UKkHo But I would prefer vita version...and that is the only version NOT on sale... :/

Top Bottom