• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsofts E3 2019 Media Briefing Will Be 2 Hours Long

xool

I think this guy has a good reputation but "everyone is fake, no reason given" doesn't really help does it.

He also posts this.

This is an example of what everyone is doing - there's literally zero chance of him being wrong - it's so non specific.

Cmon

Last edited:

Moses85

I think this guy has a good reputation but "everyone is fake, no reason given" doesn't really help does it.

He also posts this.

This is an example of what everyone is doing - there's literally zero chance of him being wrong - it's so non specific.

Cmon

It is only „blabla“ to generate some likes.

Everyone knows, M$ must deliver... but I have Zero expectations, the only thing M$ can do is suprising me..

Since month I only visit my Xbox One X for cleaning it from dust.

Stuart360

Everyone knows, M$ must deliver... but I have Zero expectations, the only thing M$ can do is suprising me..

I'm guessing you have a really good PC where you play multiplatform games on?

Moses85

I'm guessing you have a really good PC where you play multiplatform games on?

To be honest, no, I dont have a gaming PC.

The last months I played:

On my PS4 Pro: RE2, Days Gone (Both I made Platin) currently I play A Plague Tale, Sekiro and Rage 2)

On my Xbox One X: Conker, Perfect Dark and Metro Exodus.

Stuart360

To be honest, no, I dont have a gaming PC.

The last months I played:

On my PS4 Pro: RE2, Days Gone (Both I made Platin) currently I play A Plague Tale, Sekiro and Rage 2)

On my Xbox One X: Conker, Perfect Dark and Metro Exodus.
But why are you not playing all multiplatform games on thre X?. A plagues Tale for example, its FAR superior on the X than the Pro. If you're not taking advantage of your X then its your fault, not the X's.

The Warhawk/Uncharted of Xbox. Bring it back!

26465-crimson-skies-high-road-to-revenge-xbox-front-cover.jpg

26466-crimson-skies-high-road-to-revenge-xbox-back-cover.jpg

Crimson Skies 2:
Don't veer too far from the original controls.
Add a 4 player coop campaign that explores the entire world (maybe the British Empire dominates still)
Make multiplayer have total plane customization (thinking Crossout but make the builder more streamlined/user friendly)

I would pay $100 for that fucking game. Long live the Doppelganger!

Codes 208

I remember when this childish shit was bannable.

Here is what happened the last few times they got my interest:

The games ended up being boring: :messenger_sleeping::messenger_sleeping::messenger_sleeping:

Or they cancelled them: :messenger_pouting:

So I'm not sitting on a two hours presentation until they have proved they can deliver top tier single player games on a regular basis... count me out for around 4 or 5 years, to give ample time to a couple of their studios to deliver.

Here is what happened the last few times they got my interest:

The games ended up being boring: :messenger_sleeping::messenger_sleeping::messenger_sleeping:

Or they cancelled them: :messenger_pouting:

So I'm not sitting on a two hours presentation until they have proved they can deliver top tier single player games on a regular basis... count me out for around 4 or 5 years, to give ample time to a couple of their studios to deliver.
Hey but at least the presentation was good amirite? :messenger_grinning:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I think MS is really no longer interested in bringing SP games or Japanese in their system but then again this E3 they could prove me wrong.

Codes 208

I think MS is really no longer interested in bringing SP games or Japanese in their system but then again this E3 they could prove me wrong.
Problem is the times they do bring about a good single player game, it’s drowned out by all the shit they get for the mediocre ones. Like Ori and Cuphead.

Reactions: Isa

Danjin44

Problem is the times they do bring about a good single player game, it’s drowned out by all the shit they get for the mediocre ones. Like Ori and Cuphead.
I think it’s because MS is much more interested in social gaming or GaaS, this why they are not really going to bother promote their very few SP games they do have. If thats the way are going about for next gen then I guess I’m no longer their target audience.

I think it is more a consequence of all the struggles the xbox one has had. If you look at the years where the xbox has done well - OG xbox and 360, single player games were released and it wasn't this big conspiracy theory about how MS only wants to do games as a service. If microsoft can start off on a better note next gen, the games will be more plentiful. It's not even the games that were a problem at the start of the current gen. It was the hardware, and there is only so many ways to get away from that without looking to the next generation of consoles. The xbox one x was a sign that MS can put out better stuff. So, people should toss out the xbox one as an example of what MS wants to do. There is only so much a company can do when it is down. I mean one has to think that MS has been focusing on next gen for a while now. They are itching to get away from this gen imo. For me at least, there are plenty of good games on the horizon that i'm looking forward to. It's funny - in one of the other threads, you can already see the argument shift from xbox will have no games to if the next xbox doesn't have next-gen exclusives they're going to fail. People just need to relax and wait to see what happens.

Danjin44

I think it is more a consequence of all the struggles the xbox one has had. If you look at the years where the xbox has done well - OG xbox and 360, single player games
360 was bringing good amount of SP and Japanese games but half way through they suddenly stopped and focused on Kinect for weird reason. So you can’t really blame me fo having doubts.

mrpeabody

It's just two hours of Phil Spencer saying "HAAAAAAAALLLLLLOOOOO" as slowly as possible. Really boring and kind of unprofessional, but nobody wants to leave early because what if they announce a new Kinectimals?

• LOL

Kacho

Gold Member
Despite that hype tweet by Phil Spencer I’m not expecting much on the Microsoft Game Studios front. I’m done giving them the benefit of the doubt. Surprise me though.

Pumped for those delicious third party reveals that will carry us into next gen. 🤤

Pantz

Gold Member
Prediction: PC games will start coming to Xbox consoles too.

We all know that Xbox games are starting to become available on the PC but I think they are going to go both ways with this. Adding official mouse support is a big hint. It may not be until next gen but I think more traditionally exclusive PC games like RTS-types, for example, will be made available on consoles due to them being so similar to PC's now. I also believe there could be a chance of an official Steam app where you can install supported games to your Xbox console from your Steam library.

Scottoest

Neo Member
Microsoft's conference this year, is the most excited I've been for an E3 conference in a while. Not just because we are already expecting lots of big news on games and hardware, because also because there's been subtle and not-so-subtle hints that lots of unexpected things are coming.

Microsoft are in the interesting position of a new console generation on the horizon, and every reason to come out swinging to set the table for that, next weekend.

I think I'm most interested to see if Halo Infinite really does look like that tech demo trailer from last year, and what format that game takes. If it's an open- or semi-open world game that looks like that, with that level of environmental detail, it could be a big bounce back for 343i.

And if the rumoured Fable reboot from Playground gets revealed, I'd love to see both what aesthetic it goes for, and what tone.

Lastly, I want to see what Anaconda is - if it's pretty much in line with the PS5, or if it's the "significantly more powerful" monster we've heard some vague rumours about. New hardware speculation is fun!

Xbox Two will probably have similar specs to the PS5. "Significantly more powerful" sounds like wishful thinking.

If Microsoft end up getting two SKUs, then there’s no reason to not believe that one would be really “specked out” since the lower tier one will be the one that most people can afford anyway. I don’t really see the point of having 2 skus if one of them is just like the PS5 and not significantly more powerful.

If Microsoft end up getting two SKUs, then there’s no reason to not believe that one would be really “specked out” since the lower tier one will be the one that most people can afford anyway. I don’t really see the point of having 2 skus if one of them is just like the PS5 and not significantly more powerful.
As far as I'm aware, the rumor goes that Microsoft will release an Xbox Two that supports physical games and one that supports digital. Nothing about one version being more powerful than the other, unless you mean the upgraded console but that won't be until several years into the next generation, at which point Sony would do the same with the PS5.

Besides we don't have the full specs of the PS5 so I think it's a bit premature to say Xbox Two will be significantly more powerful. Microsoft marketed the Xbox One X as the most powerful console in the world but that's only the case for the current generation.

Last edited:

McCheese

2 hours? that's some good stuff - hopefully they fill that with next-gen gameplay clips, plus concrete details on the next console and what all their first party studios are working on.

One ticket on the hype ship please.

2 hours? that's some good stuff - hopefully they fill that with next-gen gameplay clips, plus concrete details on the next console and what all their first party studios are working on.

One ticket on the hype ship please.

It can't get any worse than 2017 E3. That will live in infamy. I'm still traumatized by the PS4 fanboy reaction videos.

Codes 208

It can't get any worse than 2017 E3. That will live in infamy. I'm still traumatized by the PS4 fanboy reaction videos.
Being average a year after a couple good ones wasnt that horrible, the MS 2008 is by far the worst.
Xbox Two will probably have similar specs to the PS5. "Significantly more powerful" sounds like wishful thinking.
The X is considerably more powerful than the pro on paper but performance-wise theyre both relatively similar.

As far as I'm aware, the rumor goes that Microsoft will release an Xbox Two that supports physical games and one that supports digital. Nothing about one version being more powerful than the other, unless you mean the upgraded console but that won't be until several years into the next generation, at which point Sony would do the same with the PS5.

Besides we don't have the full specs of the PS5 so I think it's a bit premature to say Xbox Two will be significantly more powerful. Microsoft marketed the Xbox One X as the most powerful console in the world but that's only the case for the current generation.

Just because you don't wanna hear the rumours doesn't mean they aren't around. There have been multiple sources that said xbox will be the more powerful console.

Just because you don't wanna hear the rumours doesn't mean they aren't around. There have been multiple sources that said xbox will be the more powerful console.
I didn't say it wouldn't be more powerful. I said it being "significantly more powerful" is wishful thinking. We don't know the full complete specs of the PS5 much less the Xbox Two and even if we did it doesn't change the fact that Sony could release the more powerful upgraded console like what Microsoft has done with the Xbox One X.

Not that having the more powerful console graphics and such is what really matters. It used to just be about the games, until Microsoft released the Xbox One X, giving hardcore Xbox fans bragging rights.

Last edited:

Scottoest

Neo Member
I didn't say it wouldn't be more powerful. I said it being "significantly more powerful" is wishful thinking. We don't know the full complete specs of the PS5 much less the Xbox Two and even if we did it doesn't change the fact that Sony could release the more powerful upgraded console like what Microsoft has done with the Xbox One X.

Not that having the more powerful console graphics and such is what really matters. It used to just be about the games, until Microsoft released the Xbox One X, giving hardcore Xbox fans bragging rights.

But the entire point is that the rumours are originating from alleged insiders who may be in a position to know the actual specs of these consoles - not idle chatter from people like us. It also entirely hinges on how you interpret a word like "significantly". I'm not even saying the rumours are necessarily true; I'm just saying that "we don't know the full specs" isn't a counterargument.

Your last sentence is viewing the generation through a conspicuously blue-tinted lens, because I think we can all recall the early part of this generation, where the OG Xbox One was relentlessly (and legitimately) derided for not consistently being able to hit 1080p, unlike the PS4. It was actually around the time that Scorpio was first announced, that the narrative was shifting to the lack of "exclusives" - not that they were connected.

Scottoest

Neo Member
The X is considerably more powerful than the pro on paper but performance-wise theyre both relatively similar.

Depends on the game, and whether it's GPU or CPU intensive. The One X can have a big leg-up over the PS4 Pro in GPU-intensive games (if devs put in the work with the enhancement patch), but in CPU-intensive games both are still bottle-necked by the ancient Jaguar APU, even if the One X has a slightly faster version of it.

Top Bottom