• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsofts E3 2019 Media Briefing Will Be 2 Hours Long

How many gamers in 2013/2014 vs 2005?

Then why tout the xbox one x as the most powerful console ever built?

I don't totally disagree with what you're saying and I know where you're coming from, it's just very thin ice to stand on. Like you say, Microsoft are in trouble. They're in trouble because they're having an identity crisis. Do they want to be a publisher, an online streaming service or a console maker? While they flip-flop between identities they ignore what their core fanbase want; exciting, unique and interesting games.
In all honesty with all the moves MS is making with acquiring devs left and right and building out one of the most talented development houses with The Initiative, you can no longer say they are ignoring hardcore gamers but the proof will ultimately be in the pudding.

Microsoft have never done well in any media as the retaliator. They're always best being the innovator. Unfortunately for them, those innovations are usually five years too early lol. I think if they wanted to focus on games and 'winning'/dominating the market share, they could do. They just spend too much money, effort and time in the 'fringes' and not on the main subject.

The Xbox One X is a good console, but it's not an xbox one. It will be interesting to see the nextbox and I agree, I think it will be very powerful.

Very true and on the whole people migrating to PC won't be an issue. However, the main issue is this; Mouse and Keyboard. I won't play PC online due to cheaters and M+KB. Now Microsoft and Sony have pushed it. Using a controller, even an Elite, vs M+KB in fortnite or apex or any other twitch shooter is absolutely pointless. It ruins online gaming.

IMO, Microsoft have always had the better platform for multiplayers. I don't know why and I still feel that's true. If they push away people from playing online and make gamers migrate towards single-player experiences, they will drift over to Sony, who have always had the best Single-player experiences.

So, yeah PC isn't a big issue but it could cause an unwanted side-effect that sinks the Microsoft ship.
Count me in with not wanting to play against keyboard and mouse users with a controller. My only hope is that devs always give a controllers only option.

Roitorb

Can I have a seat captain Braldryr? Hopefully somewhere with a window view please.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm in.

I would like everyone to know that I am a courteous passenger. Before I board any train or plane, I always take my dumps beforehand.

So if the toilet gets clogged, don't look at me.

In all honesty with all the moves MS is making with acquiring devs left and right and building out one of the most talented development houses with The Initiative, you can no longer say they are ignoring hardcore gamers but the proof will ultimately be in the pudding.

I hope they are building the houses to churn more games out and not making fodder for an online service. I'm pretty stoked by the acquisition of Obsidian though. That's a solid RPG house to have under their belt

Dontero

Banned
Predictions:
- Xbox2 - It is not console but an API much like DirectX for PC. Meaning that you will be able to play Xbox live games on all formats as long as you buy pad. They will release Xbox2 but you will be able to just install Xbox Live on your PC, PS4/5 etc.
- Xbox2 - XboxOne will be used as lowest common denominator for games and will be effectively cheap Xbox2, XboxOneX will be working as medium model while Xbox2 will work as high end model. All of them will be now under Xbox2 name.
- Xbox2 - Forward and backward compatibility like on PC. No longer you need to buy specific console to play any game.
- Xbox2 also will have streaming version for mobiles and all other people who don't want to buy hardware specifically.
- Xbox Live will be transformed into Game Pass every new game released going forward will be available day one on gamepass. Gamepass price will be higher than it is now.
- Console will be released this holidays for 399$, XboxOneX 250$, XboxOne 150$
- Developers will be able to skip some versions releases if they want much like PC/mobile market. So developer of ultra realistic game can have its game only on new hardware/high end PC/streaming but could not release it on XboxOne or X.

xool

Predictions:
- Xbox2 - It is not console but an API much like DirectX for PC. Meaning that you will be able to play Xbox live games on all formats as long as you buy pad. They will release Xbox2 but you will be able to just install Xbox Live on your PC, PS4/5 etc.
- Xbox2 - XboxOne will be used as lowest common denominator for games and will be effectively cheap Xbox2, XboxOneX will be working as medium model while Xbox2 will work as high end model. All of them will be now under Xbox2 name.
- Xbox2 - Forward and backward compatibility like on PC. No longer you need to buy specific console to play any game.
- Xbox2 also will have streaming version for mobiles and all other people who don't want to buy hardware specifically.
- Xbox Live will be transformed into Game Pass every new game released going forward will be available day one on gamepass. Gamepass price will be higher than it is now.
- Console will be released this holidays for 399$, XboxOneX 250$, XboxOne 150$
- Developers will be able to skip some versions releases if they want much like PC/mobile market. So developer of ultra realistic game can have its game only on new hardware/high end PC/streaming but could not release it on XboxOne or X.
Don is that you?

Dontero

Banned
Don is that you?

They are testing now on windows10 native support for Xbox games.
There are stroooong rumors about Xbox being available on Nintendo/Sony devices.
MS is going hard into streaming to point where they even made a deal with Sony for them to also use their streaming tech for Sony ps needs.
There are huge strong rumors about mobile support with streaming.
If Xbox wants to support all those platforms then it means that it makes no sense to create one standard of hardware.
MS already has gaming on PC by the balls it is just not funneled by their store. looking at PC or Mobile you can see easily that you don't need closed one type of hardware to deliver gaming.
MS is heavily promoting gamepass and it seems like this is their main stategy going forward, makes no sense to lock it behind one type of hardware.
They are only one one E3 which means they will be releasing their "console" this year.

Those are just logical conclusions to above.

If they go with that kind of vision which seems to be what they are doing, they are starting next gen not with 0 but with around 30-50mln "consoles" with potential up to 100-150mln from PC and mobile.

From outset every third party will be able to sell more on their platform than on supposed traditional PS5 which will drive third party support and by that most of people.

Last edited:
How many people have a PC powerful enough to play Xbox one games? Let alone XboneX or Xbox 2?

How many people would buy a PC to play these games vs a PS5 where the multiplats are?

A console is more popular than PC because of the convenience. Try getting a football (soccer) mom to buy a pc for their kid, including headset, setting it up, optimizing it, drivers etc. Not a chance

mcjmetroid

Seems a bit too long.
There's a lot to be said about these short tight presentations.

It makes it much easier for the video to be shared for people to watch.
The casual gamer isn't going to watch a 2 hour presentation but will probably watch a 30 minute one.
I had the same complaint for the Stadia but I can understand this being their very first time.

Seems a bit too long.
There's a lot to be said about these short tight presentations.

It makes it much easier for the video to be shared for people to watch.
The casual gamer isn't going to watch a 2 hour presentation but will probably watch a 30 minute one.
I had the same complaint for the Stadia but I can understand this being their very first time.
The conference will surely be divided up into shortened segments shortly there after for the casual to consume at their leisure So no big deal.

Last edited:

NahaNago

I wouldn't say I'm hyped but I am looking forward to the show. 2 hours is fine but I'm now expecting it will have a lot of fluff/ xbox stats/ xbox boasting and many awkward conversations.

The Warhawk/Uncharted of Xbox. Bring it back!

26465-crimson-skies-high-road-to-revenge-xbox-front-cover.jpg

26466-crimson-skies-high-road-to-revenge-xbox-back-cover.jpg

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Train updated ! - If you want to be added let me know!

Current passangers - Braldryr, CurryPanda, JustP_Gaming, Deputy Moonman, Gashtronomy, Omeggos, Pallas, PennywisdeTheDancingClown, SilentShot419, PooBone, Zennegan, Vasto, TLZ, Spukc, MonsterKillah, SlashBringingHasher

Go on, I’ll jump aboard :)

How many people have a PC powerful enough to play Xbox one games? Let alone XboneX or Xbox 2?

How many people would buy a PC to play these games vs a PS5 where the multiplats are?

A console is more popular than PC because of the convenience. Try getting a football (soccer) mom to buy a pc for their kid, including headset, setting it up, optimizing it, drivers etc. Not a chance

as of now there are more gaming capable pc out there than xbox one.
Also people always forget that you can lower settings on pc, so if someone has the choice to play those 2 games he is interested in, he will even do it at 720p low settings, if that means not having to shell out the money for a console+live fee.
Especially if he already owns another console.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Seriously. Why have they never tried to bring this back? It is incredible to think about how many reboots MS could do that would result in mass hype. Yet they sit on games like Crimson Skies, Conker, and Banjo Kazooie.

They are sitting on the High Heat license too for well over a decade, while the only competent (albeit fantastic) baseball product you can get is on the PlayStation.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
They are testing now on windows10 native support for Xbox games.
There are stroooong rumors about Xbox being available on Nintendo/Sony devices.
MS is going hard into streaming to point where they even made a deal with Sony for them to also use their streaming tech for Sony ps needs.
There are huge strong rumors about mobile support with streaming.
If Xbox wants to support all those platforms then it means that it makes no sense to create one standard of hardware.
MS already has gaming on PC by the balls it is just not funneled by their store. looking at PC or Mobile you can see easily that you don't need closed one type of hardware to deliver gaming.
MS is heavily promoting gamepass and it seems like this is their main stategy going forward, makes no sense to lock it behind one type of hardware.
They are only one one E3 which means they will be releasing their "console" this year.

Those are just logical conclusions to above.

If they go with that kind of vision which seems to be what they are doing, they are starting next gen not with 0 but with around 30-50mln "consoles" with potential up to 100-150mln from PC and mobile.

From outset every third party will be able to sell more on their platform than on supposed traditional PS5 which will drive third party support and by that most of people.

Now Microsoft doing this makes sense and I would welcome it. It fits their big business model. Interesting indeed.

Munki

Current passangers - Braldryr, CurryPanda, JustP_Gaming, Deputy Moonman, Gashtronomy, Omeggos, Pallas, PennywisdeTheDancingClown, SilentShot419, PooBone, Zennegan, Vasto, TLZ, Spukc, MonsterKillah, SlashBringingHasher

Add me please.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Can I do on the little satellite ship below? Goodest of boys!

Top Bottom