• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsofts E3 2019 Media Briefing Will Be 2 Hours Long

Braldryr

Banned
Get ready.

According to a video from official XboxBR channel on YouTube, Microsoft’s conference at E3 2019 will take 120 minutes to reach the end which means it contains 20 minutes more content to show than the same conference at last year’s E3, also it’s 30 minutes lengthier than the company’s event at E3 2016.

Bonus - Those who want in on that hype UNSC Infinity Ship let me know! Tickets for sale now all it costs is a post ;)

Last edited:
aitch.png

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I think for many people this is a make or break type deal for them and MS. Either they bring the next gen gaming goods, or a lot will move on.

It’s true games take time, and sadly that ship has long sailed for this generation. But there’s been enough time, with enough acquisitions, for some early next gen preview and news.

I would be shocked if they don’t hit it out the park.

Of course, they could show 100 games, all original, all AAA, and it still won’t be enough for some people here.

Braldryr

Banned
I think for many people this is a make or break type deal for them and MS. Either they bring the next gen gaming goods, or a lot will move on.

It’s true games take time, and sadly that ship has long sailed for this generation. But there’s been enough time, with enough acquisitions, for some early next gen preview and news.

Of course, they could show 100 games, all original, all AAA, and it still won’t be enough for some people here.

The reality is that Xbox One died and lost the generation the day it was announced and then at E3 2013 it was the final nail in the coffin with horrific words of marketing, choices, direction and pricing.

As far as satisfaction goes Microsoft has a lot of work to do to prove themselves. So far they're starting with studio purchases and now they need to deliver on the games with those new purchases which like you said will take time. And yes there are people who will never be satisfied but you know what O say to those people? Fuck off. Lol

Codes 208

The reality is that Xbox One died and lost the generation the day it was announced and then at E3 2013 it was the final nail in the coffin with horrific words of marketing, choices, direction and pricing.

As far as satisfaction goes Microsoft has a lot of work to do to prove themselves. So far they're starting with studio purchases and now they need to deliver on the games with those new purchases which like you said will take time. And yes there are people who will never be satisfied but you know what O say to those people? Fuck off. Lol
Cant say I agree. Unlike the announcement their e3 was actually worth watching.
The price point was a huge thorn but the overall conference was miles better than the reveal.

I was only a lurker back then but there’s a lot of people who’ll tell you that the e3 conference was one of the only redeemable aspects of the one’s pre-launch marketing.

Last edited:

Pallas

Can’t wait to see it, and E3 in its entirety. I hope they throw some surprises at us at MS’s press conference.

Reactions: Isa

Braldryr

Banned
Cant say I agree. Unlike the announcement their e3 was actually worth watching.
The price point was a huge thorn but the overall conference was miles better than the reveal.

I mean, sure it was fun to watch. Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse Son of Rome were pretty decent launch titles to announce. The excitement was there, but comparing it to Sony's presser right after was night and day.

They had no draconic DRM rules, better price and just overall better presentation from a marketing and consumer standpoint.

I think E3 2015 Microsoft was decent. 2016 was okay. Scorpio somewhat saved it. 2017 is where it started to get better and 2018 was the best conference they had this entire gen imo. I attend all of them with exception of 2017 due to personal reasons I did not go to E3 at all that year. So, with that being said I think 2017, 2018 really set them up for a good momentum. They need to keep that up and go strong with 2019.

In my opinion I think E3 2020 is where the storm will really hit. This is where your gonna see only next gen games at that point purely. Were still in transition phase for another year and a half. But at E3 2020 everything will be fully revealed with pricing, launch titles, the physical look of the console and the future of Project xCloud ( I think public testing will begin sometime this Fall if I had to speculate)

Either way, very very exciting times ahead. I am stoked for both publishers but more for Microsoft if I am being honest.

Last edited:
Halo, Gears of War, Forza, third-party games that likely include microtransactions and cut content.

Extra 20 minutes to talk about the GamePass, I'm sure.

Last edited:
I would change that to Project xCloud comboed with Next Gen system tease/small reveal. Game Pass never takes that long. What are they gonna do with Game Pass for 20 minute? Makes no sense to me.
I was just having a laugh. You're the insider so I guess you'd have all the answers.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
It doesn't make sense for them to go hard on next gen stuff when its monumentally unlikely to launch until after E3 in 2020. Whatever they tease isn't going to help them now, and it gives Sony a full year to show any third party stuff in a more advanced state.

A Spring release date (even if it were logistically possible) is unlikely as it would have an undesirable impact on holiday season sales this year so, they have plenty of time to bang the drum on that front.

What I'd expect is a 30 min blow-out on Xcloud, most likely focused on matching Stadia's functionality when tied with MS services. So think Bing and Mixer integration, XBL apps on mobile etc. I suspect they might hold back on pricing information until the competition shows its hand, but it all depends on launch timing.

Other than that, I'd expect business as usual because everyone's in the same boat insofar as knowing a generational transition is just around the corner, but sales/revenue expectations need to be met for this fiscal year so rocking the boat isn't wise.

TLZ

Banned
Here's hoping it's not filled with over the top UN-like speeches, cloud this and that and 2 billion potential gamurs.

Just bring the games. One after another. An avalanche of them. Then end it with Minaj Anaconda performance.

Reactions: Isa

I kind of disagree with your first statement. I think gamers are a lot more fluid with their loyalties than people admit. Arguably, fans left MS this gen a long time ago, but given the start of a new gen with a new and better base system, people will come back (not all, but a lot). I think deep down, most people don't hold true grudges against any particular system. They just go with what is appealing at any given time. It's easy to trash the xbox one, but next gen we're not getting an xbox one. Most likely we're getting something akin to the xbox one x, but more powerful.

I do agree, however, that this E3 is a huge opportunity to surprise and impress people. In the end though it's all about the actual console release date, specs, pricing and that first year into the new generation. I don't necessarily expect MS to hit it out of the park. I just hope they have a solid showing with proof that many new games are coming and that the next console will be more than sufficient to play games on. Mostly, I'm excited to see more on Halo Infinite, but Halo seems to be just as hated by some as the xbox one lol.

Bring on E3!
GvgKzgx.gif

microsoft is playing the long game
this gen was just the warmup, the era if xbox domination starts... right now
Meh. Microsoft needs more than longtime loyal fans to sell more consoles. They need games that attract PlayStation fans as well. They need more AAA new IPs, current AAA IPs that sell more than 10 million units, and possibly reviving their dormant IPs with proper remakes. In other words, what Sony has been doing this console generation.

Last edited:
seriously though i don't really care about sales, i only care about videogames and microsoft had a great e3 last year
Microsoft haven't had a great E3 since 2008.

Their presentations have turned into Powerpoint sales pitches, glad-handing, back-patting and cringe-worthy lie-fests. and the icing on the turd cake Is a shit-grinning suit who people think is here to turn the ship around. He's had five years and hasn't done shit.

Microsoft had the one of, if not the, greatest period of gaming since console gaming began and pissed it all up the wall. I hope they return to glory and fingers crossed this will be the E3 and gen where it happens, but I've been burned by their bullshit too many times.

Last year's E3 was okay. Nothing that compelled me to pick up an Xbox One though. In my opinion, they went for quantity over quality whereas Sony did the opposite (Ghost of Tsushima was the most talked about PS4 exclusive).

And yet they won gaf’s best e3 conference last year.

People seem to be mistaking great e3’s with exclusively showing off exclusives. Microsoft’s last few e3s have been packed with game after game, the sole reason why I watch these things.

As an xbox fan, this word 'game' you mention is alien to me. Do you mean 'game', like what the 3rd party's show?:messenger_savoring:

Microsoft haven't shown anything to tickle my fancy at their E3's lately. Unveiling that Porsche just goes to show how out of touch they are.

Microsoft and Molyneaux have a lot in common.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Halo, Gears of War, Forza, third-party games that likely include microtransactions and cut content.

Extra 20 minutes to talk about the GamePass, I'm sure.
Except theres no new Forza this year. There was also no Halo or Gears related announcement in E3 2017. Cant really call Halo a milked series when it would be around 5 years by the time infinite comes out. And look at Gears 5, does this look like a milked series to you ?

that likely include microtransactions and cut content.
Since, when did Microsoft enter the MTX controversy ? Killer Instinct hardly has any MTX when it seems to e the norm among fighting games, Phantom Dust is free to play without in game MTX, Minecraft has very few MTX and most of their recent multiplayer games like Forza Horizon 4, Sea of thieves,State of Decay 2 and Crackdown have either none or almost non-existent MTX. Even the ones in Halo 5 are just cosmetics.
Honestly, we will also have that new Ninja Theory game this year.

Last edited:
And yet they won gaf’s best e3 conference last year.

People seem to be mistaking great e3’s with exclusively showing off exclusives. Microsoft’s last few e3s have been packed with game after game, the sole reason why I watch these things.
How many of those games did you end up playing?

Just saying, they could show 100 games but if only 3 to 5 of them are any good then it's kind of pointless to brag about numbers.

Since, when did Microsoft enter the MTX controversy ? Killer Instinct hardly has any MTX when it seems to e the norm among fighting games, Phantom Dust is free to play without in game MTX, Minecraft has very few MTX and most of their recent multiplayer games like Forza Horizon 4, Sea of thieves,State of Decay 2 and Crackdown have either none or almost non-existent MTX. Even the ones in Halo 5 are just cosmetics.
Honestly, we will also have that new Ninja Theory game this year.
Huh? I said third-party games, so the usual crap from EA, Activision, Ubisoft etc.

Top Bottom