• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Xbox E3 2019 | Viewing and Discussion Thread | June 9, 2019. 4:00 PM EST

Microsoft Xbox E3 2019

• Total voters
Nothing but negativity - any actual gamers here or just people who bitch and whine about everything?

FFS.

Happy to own all the consoles so I don't have to shit on stuff to make myself feel better about my choice. As much as I love Sony exclusives their conference last year was horrible and complaints were flying about 'too much gameplay' for the like 6 fucking games they showed. This year is not enough gameplay and too many games for MS.

Just sad.

Ol'Scratch

Between the Cyberpunk 2077 (non exclusive), Blair Witch (not sure), Flight Simulator's return, and PSO2 and at least them remembering Halo exists as well as more importantly the PC push I am content with this window to the future.
It was not big enough to be epic but definitely not anywhere near bad enough for the hate I am seeing.
That being said there is a familiar scent on the wind, of nerds and blood and salty tears. The console wars are back baby!

Reactions: Isa
MS E3 2019 summed up in one image:

D8ppTmwXsAAT9jn.jpg:large

This is the best reply in this thread. Bravo.

Codes 208

If you take out the multiplatform games there's really nothing exciting for me.

It sounds harsh but no Microsoft studio can compete with Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Sucker Punch, Kojima Productions, Insomniac etc.
You know that insomniac isnt strictly sony right? Who do you think made sunset overdrive?

Geki-D

Banned
Some indie tyoe AA games trust me you missed nothing and the majority here called it based on Microsofts history.
Yeah, seems like that's the case. I guess when you purchase a bunch of studios you have to give them a few years to actually make stuff.

Ogbert

Microsoft has lot its way.

Their management of Gears of War demonstrates that. Genuinely, one of the coolest franchises on console. Remember those epic trailers, It should be front and centre. They should have taken today to show five minutes of campaign footage; shown off the new mechanics. Generated hype for how good the game will feel to play.

Instead, it was some God awful rap song showing off forgettable multiplayer. It's as if the execs are designing all their games for people that wear Beats headphones and refer to themselves as 'influencers'.

Isa

Gold Member
Man the amount of negativity here is profound. I swear people get off on moaning. I enjoyed most of it, the show went by quickly and there was a good variety of games. Some may not be to certain tastes but if people genuinely have this much dislike for Xbox why even bother watching at all, unless being disappointed is what you enjoy? There were some great moments for me, and finally being able to play Phantasy Star Online again with friends is going to be great, a real surprise for me. Next year should be even better.

sendit

Nothing but negativity - any actual gamers here or just people who bitch and whine about everything?

FFS.

Happy to own all the consoles so I don't have to shit on stuff to make myself feel better about my choice. As much as I love Sony exclusives their conference last year was horrible and complaints were flying about 'too much gameplay' for the like 6 fucking games they showed. This year is not enough gameplay and too many games for MS.

Just sad.

What was horrible about it? They removed the fluff and showed gameplay after gameplay?

CyberPanda

Banned
How is possible that you have you have E3 entire for you but still is capable of disappoint? Microsoft, will you ever learn?
To be fair, E3 overall has been disappointing for last several years, or more. All companies need to resort to direct like reveals. I’m sick of the bright obnoxious stages, and cringe. Nintendo Direct is the best form of announcing things imo. It’s short, sweet and to the fucking point. We don’t need rave light shows, and cringe rap music.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I had high expectations, I'm not gonna lie. But it could have been better.

It's a tough position for Microsoft. I mean they have Google and everybody else breathing down their necks when it comes to streaming. And, they have to respect all of their partners when it comes to game annoucements, and the time devoted to each game. The pacing of the show was awful, but I can understand why it had to be this way.

Unfortunately, they were better last year. Last year they won hands down to me. This year.. everybody else has to fuck up for MS to win, and I really don't want that either. It is what it is..

Last edited:

demigod

This conference was so bad. The only games that I’m interested in was Blair Witch and DBZ.

Did they even show the 14 games from their own studios? Someone have a list?

Smoke6

Heard Geoff k slip up and say “if there is an E3” and looked towards the camera and cut his sentence off!

Maybe I’m reading too much into it and seeing something that’s not there but if anyone has the skill or time to post that clip from us live stream would be appreciated.

Other than that this was pretty abysmal and nothing stood out at all!

OK and this is with all honesty.

Show was maybe a c/c+. It's like most of us stated it would be filled with multiplats and if the money they are spending is in the caliber of exclusives they showed they can keep them smfh. They just can't fight Sony in the exclusive IP front, not by alot.

Highlight of the show for me was Phantasy Star Online and controller. The console unveiling was basically a Sony wire unveil onstage. Sony was smart in killing that hype because it's obvious they will be very similar. Don't be surprised if Sony hardware is stronger or if they are near parity in power.

The show did nothing for me and if anything it just made me say fuck it just get PS5 at launch and wait on nextbox.

Please don't get bent out of shape by my opinion, it's just how I feel. I respect anyone that felt the show was good but I didnt see it.

Wtf was my fable man!!!!
To be fair, we haven’t seen PS5 games yet either.

Redstarwater

Neophyte
The cheat code for 12 Minutes is a secret mode where you have to drive your character to the local gun shop and purchase a firearm for home defense. Then you start with it at the beginning of the game.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Next E3 then I guess. This next year in console gaming is going to be a slog.

Last edited:

Ivellios

MS showed mostly trailers of games. Game announcements don't mean shit if they dont show gameplay to back them up.

When you put it like that yeah, but gameplay of these games might come later as the year go by.

But yeah i agree, some games like Ori, Cyberpunk and Gears of Wars 5 they could have showed some gameplay at least

Man the amount of negativity here is profound. I swear people get off on moaning. I enjoyed most of it, the show went by quickly and there was a good variety of games. Some may not be to certain tastes but if people genuinely have this much dislike for Xbox why even bother watching at all, unless being disappointed is what you enjoy? There were some great moments for me, and finally being able to play Phantasy Star Online again with friends is going to be great, a real surprise for me. Next year should be even better.

People had high expectations, due to Next-gen on the horizon.

It had some great reveals, a lot of them, and a good pacing, but it had a lot of terrible decisions as well. Mainly the choice of games and how they were presented. Then you had them barely speaking about next-gen in a meaningful way. I think they'd have done better by holding it back to autumn and dampen expectations of next-gen for this E3.

I mean, I was ecstatic about Microsoft Flight Simulator, very pleased with Elden Ring and Tales, interested in some of the indies and PSO2. Halo had a boring showing, so did Gears, State of Decay 2 was meh and generally just a lot of games that didn't interest me as much. Lots of games had too many cutscenes, rather than pure gameplay. Cutscenes rarely get me going, more so when most have a same-y feel, that make me think of another similar game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
Microsoft E3:

1 hour of games

30 minutes of xCloud and new console, and Halo.

Did anyone ever find the missing 30 minutes? Did someone sent the police report to @EviLore? We need to find where the missing 30 minutes went

Did Microsoft feel bad Google Stadia conference ended early and did the same out of sympathy?

It's obvious that 3rd party studios have become very stingy with their reveals these days. They may start marketing 35 minute gameplay demos at their own pace and platforms (YouTube, Twitch, etc)

Gamernyc78

Banned
People had high expectations, due to Next-gen on the horizon.

It had some great reveals, a lot of them, and a good pacing, but it had a lot of terrible decisions as well. Mainly the choice of games and how they were presented. Then you had them barely speaking about next-gen in a meaningful way. I think they'd have done better by holding it back to autumn and dampen expectations of next-gen for this E3.

I mean, I was ecstatic about Microsoft Flight Simulator, very pleased with Elden Ring and Tales, interested in some of the indies and PSO2. Halo had a boring showing, so did Gears, State of Decay 2 was meh and generally just a lot of games that didn't interest me as much.

Yeah I forgot to add the pacing was great but imo most of the exclusive content wasnt.

Top Bottom