• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft to publish PUBATTLEGROUNDS on Xbox One

going to be interesting to see how long for....was almost a year for tomb raider...by then people may be sick to death of PUBG......and if people will be wanting to wait for a lower performing version

I don't think the fact that PS4 Pro version is lower-performing will matter to many people. First, it never really does, and second, it's not really that kind of game But yeah, it'll be interesting to see if people still care about the concept one year from now.

angelic

Banned
One of the most popular FPS games on console right now is Rainbow Six Siege, and it has no aim assist.

None whatsoever? Interesting, I havent played it, but there's no arguing that a pad can't remotely offer mouse level precision. I wouldnt want a PUBG without aim assistance on console.

Tagyhag

One of the most popular FPS games on console right now is Rainbow Six Siege, and it has no aim assist.

Not saying you disagree with this but it also helps to point out that Siege is an extremely close quarters game. You won't see someone on a motorcycle 1000m away getting sniped.

It's good that Ubi took a stand but it'd be really weird if PUBG didn't have any kind of aim assist at all.

At least you won't have to be afraid of someone picking up a AWM. :p

Theorry

Looks like Xbox One X version is playable.

Pete @ Gamescom‏
@TheRazoredEdge

First game of PUBG on the Xbox One X build of the game. It plays really well!

https://twitter.com/TheRazoredEdge/status/899898922440765440

Pete @ Gamescom‏
@TheRazoredEdge

PUBG Inventory menus for Xbox One

https://twitter.com/TheRazoredEdge/status/899918856583610368

Pete @ Gamescom‏ @TheRazoredEdge 4
Pete @ Gamescom Retweeted snoopdioogo
It feels like a cross between default FPS controls and Gears of War's control schemes (D-pad to switch weapons)

Daffy Duck

Cant wait to see how terrible it is compared to pc when someone wants to swap scopes or other attachments on weapons with controller.
Thats gonna look like someone is trying to play with their feet or something.
And that should happen middle of fights...

Yeah, I can't see how some of the finer controls will translate to pad at all. I mean, I know how they will work, but you wont be able to do it with speed and momentum.

derFeef

Cant wait to see how terrible it is compared to pc when someone wants to swap scopes or other attachments on weapons with controller.

Is it with dpad or destiny-like? I can see both working. Plus everyone is on the same page controller-wise. Not sure why that matters how it comapres to PC here.

JoeLT

None whatsoever? Interesting, I havent played it, but there's no arguing that a pad can't remotely offer mouse level precision. I wouldnt want a PUBG without aim assistance on console.
There is some aim assist in the PVE Coop mode, but none in multiplayer.
Not saying you disagree with this but it also helps to point out that Siege is an extremely close quarters game. You won't see someone on a motorcycle 1000m away getting sniped.

It's good that Ubi took a stand but it'd be really weird if PUBG didn't have any kind of aim assist at all.

At least you won't have to be afraid of someone picking up a AWM. :p
Yep I agree it only works in Siege because it's close quarters. Because of this Siege is a completely different game on console and on PC due to how inaccurate players can be on console. If PUBG had no aim assist on console the meta would be completely different to PC. Much more of a focus on closing the gap in firefights and less sniping. Which would be for the better tbh, this will likely happen even with aim assist though. Super interested to see how it plays, I just hope they have first person severs from the get go.

Hope there are impressions on the performance soon, this game can't be sub 60fps.

Floody

Wouldn't they just be able to do something simple like when you scroll over a scope, a button prompt (one that doesn't get used in the menus normally) is there to quick equip it, switching the scope on the gun and the 1 in the bag instantly? Doesn't really seem like much of a issue to me.

le.phat

going to be interesting to see how long for....was almost a year for tomb raider...by then people may be sick to death of PUBG......and if people will be wanting to wait for a lower performing version

what a bunch nonsense lol. Why would people wait for the Xbox one x version that performs lower than the current PC version that is out now? Why would people be tired of the game after a year anyway?

From Game Infromer

Five Things We Noticed From Our Hands-On With The Xbox One Version

PUBG Plays Well With A Controller Instead Of A Mouse & Keyboard

This Version Is Slightly Uglier Than The PC Version

The Performance Is Strong

Vehicle Handling Could Use Some Work

It Feels Like A Proper Port (So Far)

There's info on each of the above at the link below:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/p...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

And Mike follows that up with

dkm9bSQ.jpg

lol

Top Bottom