• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft "to discuss the recently revealed technical specifications and what they mean for gamers." tomorrow on Inside Xbox

Sota4077

0ad0b35bd7.jpg

They're stating up front that they will not be revealing anything more about the Xbox Series X console, but they are going to talk about what the specs mean for gamers.

WHEN - Inside Xbox returns with its first new episode for 2020 tomorrow, Tuesday, April 7, at 2 p.m. PT / 5 p.m. ET.

Jason Ronald is the Partner Director of Program Management for Team Xbox.

Last edited:
I'd say I'm excited about this, but I'm not a fan of the "Inside Xbox" formula. It's far too long and infomerical-like for me to think we'll get any real insight here.

I want someone to just show me what these consoles can do already. We've had enough time to discuss what they theoretically capable of.

Sota4077

I'd say I'm excited about this, but I'm not a fan of the "Inside Xbox" formula. It's far too long and infomerical-like for me to think we'll get any real insight here.

I want someone to just show me what these consoles can do already. We've had enough time to discuss what they theoretically capable of.

Following the episode, at approximately 2:40 p.m. PT / 5:40 p.m. ET, Inside Xbox will host a live, first-look at the single-player experience in Grounded. This gameplay stream will broadcast live on Mixer and Twitch directly from the homes of Obsidian’s developers and include a Q&A with their team.

That should be pretty exciting. That game looked like it could be a ton of fun.

Sota4077

Uh oh, there goes that bottlenecks life presever.

Out of all the silly console war nonesense that one is the one I just do not understand. Where did this notions that the Xbox Series X is just littered with bottlenecks even come from? Has a single person ever said this? Or has all this talk of balance in the PS5 just morphed into the notion that because the PS5 is balanced the Xbox Series X is not? I don't get it.

Out of all the silly console war nonesense that one is the one I just do not understand. Where did this notions that the Xbox Series X is just littered with bottlenecks even come from? Has a single person ever said this? Or has all this talk of balance in the PS5 just morphed into the notion that because the PS5 is balanced the Xbox Series X is not? I don't get it.

My thoughts exactly.

What especially confounds me is how are we gonna assume the XsX storage bandwidth is some sort of “bottleneck” (most generous bottleneck ever?) but the PS5 GPU isnt

That doesn’t make sense. “Efficiency,” “balance,” and “bottleneck free” have become buzzterms but with little explanation

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I think you described exactly what they think. To be fair, it's all they have to cling to.

Stuart360

My thoughts exactly.

What especially confounds me is how are we gonna assume the XsX storage bandwidth is some sort of “bottleneck” (most generous bottleneck ever?) but the PS5 GPU isnt

That doesn’t make sense. “Efficiency,” “balance,” and “bottleneck free” have become buzzterms but with little explanation
It was more the 'PS5 seems a more balanced system' talk that i found funny, yeah a cpu and gpu with a boost clock that has to be balanced between them, yeah that sounds way more balanced than locked clocks on XSX.

Last edited:

Sota4077

lol i was just thinking that. All this 'custom hardware' and techniques PS5 has compared to XSX, well that will probably be out of the window tomorrow.
To be fair, Microsoft should of done this when they revealed their specs, instead of a tweet. It would of stopped the disingenous bullshit.

I would seriously temper your expectations for tomorrow. I think they will address more of what the existing specs will allow them to do. I doubt very much that they will get into anything where they are "debunking" any negative rumors about the console.

Kagey K

Banned
Stepping away from next-gen talk...

I'm pumped to get more Game Pass news! Hoping for some surprises, but I'd be happy with release dates for the Final Fantasy games we know are on the way. I need something to make the wait for VII Remake less painful.
That’s where I am too. I’m expecting very little in the way of new announcements or anything like that, but more Gamepass games are always welcome.

Sota4077

That’s where I am too. I’m expecting very little in the way of new announcements or anything like that, but more Gamepass games are always welcome.

I was bullshitting with my brother about Game Pass for this fall and one of the things we both agreed would be brilliant is if at the launch of the console for day one they bring a massive 3rd party game like say COD or even FIFA to Game Pass. So you buy the console, get Game Pass then immediately also have the latest Call Of Duty or FIFA game to go with Halo Infinite and the new Forza game and the entire library of other Game Pass Games. They should lock up enough titles for Game Pass that they will have an entire portfolio of games at launch for essentially only the cost of Game Pass.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
lol i was just thinking that. All this 'custom hardware' and techniques PS5 has compared to XSX, well that will probably be out of the window tomorrow.
To be fair, Microsoft should of done this when they revealed their specs, instead of a tweet. It would of stopped the disingenous bullshit.

You seem a little nervous, trying to make it all up to yourself. Apparently, you can't stand people talking more about PS5 specs from different sources, and you kind of want to get rid of that tomorrow by Microsoft.

You really don't want to hear that, but in the meantime, you want Microsoft to make it clearer for you.

It's like it's doing something personal to you...

You seem a little nervous, trying to make it all up to yourself. Apparently, you can't stand people talking more about PS5 specs from different sources, and you kind of want to get rid of that tomorrow by Microsoft.

You really don't want to hear that, but in the meantime, you want Microsoft to make it clearer for you.

Or he’s just excited to learn more about the system?

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I was bullshitting with my brother about Game Pass for this fall and one of the things we both agreed would be brilliant is if at the launch of the console for day one they bring a massive 3rd party game like say COD or even FIFA to Game Pass. So you buy the console, get Game Pass then immediately also have the latest Call Of Duty or FIFA game to go with Halo Infinite and the new Forza game and the entire library of other Game Pass Games. They should lock up enough titles for Game Pass that they will have an entire portfolio of games at launch for essentially only the cost of Game Pass.

I couldn't care less about either of those games but a LOT of people do. That would be an awesome marketing pitch, plus the fact that they have 4 generations of games on XsX at launch.

Stuart360

I'm not getting either console, i'm PC only from now on. But if it puts an end to the disingenous hypocritical bullshit on the forum, then all the better.

Shin

Banned
Out of all the silly console war nonesense that one is the one I just do not understand.
Only thing one needs to understand is that those people are doing the system a disservice rather than a service.
A good/great console doesn't require nearly 50 threads from a defensive standpoint, sometimes even attacking fellow PlayStation members in the process.
One can blame PlayStation for their messaging and timing, one could also say that some gamers are more educated now than they were in E.g. 2013.

To Xbox's credit they have done everything well with their messaging, it's been clear, informative and transparent so I can't fault them for the time being.
All in all and no matter who is better in Y and Z both platform holders did a better job around, but even that is also thanks to AMD being able to deliver.
Everyone won or will win, but those daily threads about the same shit isn't hype anymore, it's just looking for a means to justify whatever people are insecure about.

Zannegan

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into gaming side...

Anyway, is it too much to hope for gameplay examples? MS's marketing has been deliciously on-point so far, and one of the major complaints against Sony's reveal was that they had no software to show. I wouldn't be surprised if MS put some gameplay/game announcements together early to capitalize on the opportunity.

Leyasu

Banned
Perhaps Klee or Matt mentioned bottleneck or Cerny said bottleneck once and that was all that was needed

Top Bottom