• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft "to discuss the recently revealed technical specifications and what they mean for gamers." tomorrow on Inside Xbox

CobraAB

IMO XSX will look great next to the HDTV, although it would be nice if MS would add something in the front (like green X sign on xbox classic) because current design looks too simple.

69361_3_xbox-series-look-living-room_full.jpg

69361_5_xbox-series-look-living-room_full.jpg
That thing just does not seem like it will be cheap.

Max_Po

Banned
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter had a 30fps cap originally and during BC on Xbox one X it's running at 60fps barring a few hiccups here and there.

There are actually quite a few BC games that get improvements in frame rate. BioShock is another, originally locked to 30fps but on X you can disengage sync and run it 60fps.

Sorry, that is not the case. Bioshock had an "unlocked" frame rate option back in 2007 (I bought the game day 1) on Xbox360 which introduces tearing... obviously I picked open fps for smoother game play as tearing does not bother me.

. And Ghost Recon was open FPS not locked/limited 30 which due to more powerful hardware goes up to 60 fps.

LostDonkey

Sorry, that is not the case. Bioshock had an "unlocked" frame rate option back in 2007 (I bought the game day 1) on Xbox360 which introduces tearing... obviously I picked open fps for smoother game play as tearing does not bother me.

. And Ghost Recon was open FPS not locked/limited 30 which due to more powerful hardware goes up to 60 fps.

No. That's incorrect, at least according to Eurogamers analysis.

GRAW: "As for how 60fps is possible under emulation beyond seemingly lifting the 30fps cap, it's likely that the game isn't exactly CPU heavy."

Bioshock: "Take BioShock, for example - the original Xbox 360 release rather than the remaster. It does indeed feature a 30fps cap by default, but the option exists to turn it off."

But regardless of whether they were capped or not you said, and I quote:

"they all run at original framerate"

Which is categorically not true.

Last edited:

Fake

IMO XSX will look great next to the HDTV, although it would be nice if MS would add something in the front (like green X sign on xbox classic) because current design looks too simple.

69361_3_xbox-series-look-living-room_full.jpg

69361_5_xbox-series-look-living-room_full.jpg

Strange. In the first image he looks pretty sweet, but in the second he look so big. I guess vary between angle.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The design of the Series X is growing on me, I am just struggling to figure out where I am going to put it. I may end up buying an entirely new entertainment center and shelving for this next gen. I was never happy with my setup anyway. It's barely adequate for a PlayStation, Xbox, and Switch.

sneas78

Banned
The design of the Series X is growing on me, I am just struggling to figure out where I am going to put it. I may end up buying an entirely new entertainment center and shelving for this next gen. I was never happy with my setup anyway. It's barely adequate for a PlayStation, Xbox, and Switch.
Lol yeah my entertainment system is starting to look like one of those google servers as it is, with all the consoles going back to Atari. 😂

Sota4077

Lol yeah my entertainment system is starting to look like one of those google servers as it is, with all the consoles going back to Atari. 😂

Haha I was telling my wife a few days ago that I would like to build a new entertainment center for our basement for that reason. I do not have a crazy number of old consoles or anything, but I have so many wires it is absurd.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Grounded looks like such a weird game

EDIT: budget claptrap

Last edited:
Top Bottom