• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft "to discuss the recently revealed technical specifications and what they mean for gamers." tomorrow on Inside Xbox

Sota4077

I'll just read the spins. I really don't care for spec talk anymore. We already know which console took the power crown. I just want to see some games from both. Only the blue warriors still need to convince themselves somehow that their precious console is better.

They're going to show some gameplay for the game Grounded too by the sound of it. That should be pretty tight.

Windows-PC

Banned
Hopefully they dig deep into the specs, XsX might well be the most technically well put together console ever. MS, you get a pass for making it so ugly.

Hi, I really respect your opinion, but what is wrong with your eyes? :D

I really like the elegant and plain design :)

I was obviously Joking, it's absolutely fine if you don't like the design. Have a great day :)

Sota4077

So, a deep dive for noobs? Looks like they had to say something after that Crytek engineer interview.

Tell me which of these two scenarios sounds more plausible to you. I will let you judge for yourself.

Scenario A. Microsoft have been planning this for a while and it is baked into a well choreographed marketing campaign that started way back when they revealed the console at the Game Award and has been building and building for the last few months when they reveal more and more about the console to get folks excited. Then it all culminates when they have Digital Foundry and others dissect the console and play it to their hearts content to so they can "taste the pudding" so to speak because the proof is in the tasting of said pudding.

OR

Scenario B. Some absolute nobody (at least prior to yesterday) talks about the PlayStation 5 because they develop for it and they seem to enjoy the console. They speak in terms that few outside of 1 first party Sony developers have. Microsoft are so unbelievably caught off guard by this that they scramble the highest members of the Xbox team to hastily put together an Inside Xbox event because one absolute nobody gave a throwaway interview that was blown way out of proportion. So much so that the developer has since gone on social media blackout. They put together an event where they intend to show off games and interview a project management executive at Xbox just so they can save face because of the aforementioned interview.

You tell me which makes more logical sense.

Also that interview has magically become gospel to so many people it is incredible. There is now this built from nothing notion out there that the Playstation 5 is this sleek and sexy console while the Xbox is some bumbling fucking idiot console that brute forces everything and is riddled with bottlenecks that are going to keep the console from making use of the raw power difference of the console. All this console warrior stuff was about speed of the console when it seemed as though the "power war" was lost, but now that this guy came out of the shadows and there is this glimmer of hope about the power gap being smaller everyone treats this guy as though he was Mark Cerny's right hand man. The transparency of desperation is just laughable. Just buy the damn console you prefer and enjoy it. It is not like either one is going to have shitty looking games haha.

Sota4077

Bet you a dollar they still won't talk about Fable 4, the sods!
My hope is that before the end of this year we get a Fable reboot that looks like that UE4 tech demo we saw posted here a couple days ago. And also a gritty Perfect Dark reboot that is more realistic and less of an arcade shooter style game.

Also if any developer under Sony reboots Siphon Filter I will insta-ejack.

Gargus

Banned
All microsoft ever does is talk about hardware and specs and talk about how awesome theirs is. They never talk about games or making great games really.

That's why playstation always ends up getting all my game time and xboxs end up collecting dust. Also the reason why I'm skipping the next xbox and just getting a ps5 and putting a new graphics card in my pc.

Also that interview has magically become gospel to so many people it is incredible. There is now this built from nothing notion out there that the Playstation 5 is this sleek and sexy console while the Xbox is some bumbling fucking idiot console that brute forces everything and is riddled with bottlenecks that are going to keep the console from making use of the raw power difference of the console. All this console warrior stuff was about speed of the console when it seemed as though the "power war" was lost, but now that this guy came out of the shadows and there is this glimmer of hope

Grand Slam

giphy.gif

Sota4077

All microsoft ever does is talk about hardware and specs and talk about how awesome theirs is. They never talk about games or making great games really.

That's why playstation always ends up getting all my game time and xboxs end up collecting dust. Also the reason why I'm skipping the next xbox and just getting a ps5 and putting a new graphics card in my pc.

You are saying this without even a shred of irony here? If we're talking about what has been shown and what has been done to promote the new consoles Microsoft is looking in the rearview mirror and Sony pretty far back man. I'm not sure your criticism is justified at this time...

dottme

IMO XSX will look great next to the HDTV, although it would be nice if MS would add something like X sign (like green X sign on xbox classic).

69361_3_xbox-series-look-living-room_full.jpg

69361_5_xbox-series-look-living-room_full.jpg
I really like that you put the console in front of the flower. Completely masking them.
it still looks ugly in this picture.

about Grounded, I completely missed it. Do we have more details about this game?

Shin

Banned

I don't get that setup, is that how US peeps watch/game on their TV's?
Why isn't it wall-mounted and brought to eye sight, that cabin/desk measurement is really off, drawers are too big like someone is going to store LP's.
Here in EU ours is lower so if you wall-mount there's a nice amount of space, this is what I'll use with a 65" TV (just the right amount of space for it).

wandmeubel-6-delen-wit.jpg

JLMC469

Banned
So, a deep dive for noobs? Looks like they had to say something after that Crytek engineer interview.

To be fair, a lot of what has been said (about both consoles) has gone over my head:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:.

This is exactly what I want. Explain things in “layman terms” so that I can understand what it means for us gamers.

I get both consoles are powerful, but this helps me understands things a bit better.

JLB

Banned

So you are already picking a console based on demoed games, where the only shown game was godfall.

Sota4077

To be fair, a lot of what has been said (about both consoles) has gone over my head:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:.

This is exactly what I want. Explain things in “layman terms” so that I can understand what it means for us gamers.

I get both consoles are powerful, but this helps me understands things a bit better.

There seriously is little more to understand than the following:

The Xbox Series X has more raw power on paper. You will hear, repeatedly, that the PS5 does not have bottlenecks or as minimized bottlenecks. This is not confirmation that the Xbox Series X does have bottlenecks. So anyone who tries to extrapolate beyond and imply that there are bottlenecks on the Xbox Series X that will close the power gap are operating on hopes and are full of shit. The PS5 might have very few bottlenecks. That does not mean the Xbox Series X has them. At least none that have been confirmed at this time.

The PlayStation 5 has an absolute beast of an SSD in it that has something like 2X the bandwith that the Xbox Series X has on paper. We have no clue if that translates to real world. In all likelihood you will see that true power of that SSD shine on first party games. Sony have gone to great lengths to talk about their SSD and what they are doing for Audio immersion. Both are incredibly neat and nothing to sneeze at.

Here is something that is not going to happen. The SSD on the PS5 is not going to magically mitigate the difference in raw power. It is going to do incredible things, but anyone who states that it will bring the consoles to parity is full of shit and operating on the aforementioned unproven hope that the Xbox Series X has some major bottleneck that keeps the console from actually operating at 12.2 TF or whatever that number is.

There is little more to the situation right now than what I have laid out.

TL:DR - The Xbox Series X is a beast that is pretty damn fast. The PlayStation 5 is something like 20% less of a beast, but fast as shit.

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
Tell me which of these two scenarios sounds more plausible to you. I will let you judge for yourself.

Scenario A. Microsoft have been planning this for a while and it is baked into a well choreographed marketing campaign that started way back when they revealed the console at the Game Award and has been building and building for the last few months when they reveal more and more about the console to get folks excited. Then it all culminates when they have Digital Foundry and others dissect the console and play it to their hearts content to so they can "taste the pudding" so to speak because the proof is in the tasting of said pudding.

OR

Scenario B. Some absolute nobody (at least prior to yesterday) talks about the PlayStation 5 because they develop for it and they seem to enjoy the console. They speak in terms that few outside of 1 first party Sony developers have. Microsoft are so unbelievably caught off guard by this that they scramble the highest members of the Xbox team to hastily put together an Inside Xbox event because one absolute nobody gave a throwaway interview that was blown way out of proportion. So much so that the developer has since gone on social media blackout. They put together an event where they intend to show off games and interview a project management executive at Xbox just so they can save face because of the aforementioned interview.

You tell me which makes more logical sense.

Anyone who has studied how Microsoft operates in this industry over the last 15 years knows that the correct answer is most certainly Scenario B.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Do you think they'll throw the "most powerful next-gen console" line out there now?

Sounds like they are going to show some sort of tech demo at least, I hope it's not just 15 minutes of Halo Infinite before and after comparisons.
15 minutes of Halo Infinite would be fine.

ClearMind

Report me for console warring (Xbot, Xbro etc.)
But ... you've come into an Xbox thread ... to talk about ... PS5.
Did I? I came into this thread to see what xbros were doing besides seething about the PS5 just to find out they are doing literally nothing else.

See you guys in the next PS5 related thread. 🤡

Im gonna quote you on this the next time I see you in a PS5 thread. 🤡

if I ever post something as antagonistic, off-topic, and non-contributing as you have here then go ahead

EDIT

I really hate the notion that providing any sort of critique of something makes you an “enemy.”

I fucking love the PlayStation brand. I couldn’t be more Day One for PS5. Im allowed to be a “Sony Fan” and still express concerns over what has been revealed so far, reveals I feel are pretty underwhelming (so far).

You and Deeper Underground Deeper Underground seem to think that anyone who isn’t over the moon with positivity about everything PS5 related isn’t a fan, or neutral, and that’s bogus.

Im sick of it. Blind allegiance to anything is a bad idea.

No one should be afraid to say what they like and don’t like about these next gen consoles. I’m a bigger fan of Sony than I am of MS or the PC platform but so far MS has had much better reveals. Much more showcased overall.

The moment MS revealed the split pool of RAM, I posted “hmmm, that seems less than ideal.” I don’t think that was the best move. Maybe we will learn more about that tomorrow, though.

Im just waiting for Sony to actually show some goods and put substance behind this SSD Secret Sauce speculation. MS has at least shown some back-compat enhancements and the console breakdown

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
Did I? I came into this thread to see what xbros were doing besides seething about the PS5 just to find out they are doing literally nothing else.

See you guys in the next PS5 related thread. 🤡

Ain't going to last very throwing insults around lol.. "rent free" huh 🤣

This is like a fabulous game of chicken. Both talking specs. Show me the games. Who will be the first to drop a barrage of games?

I understand both companies still have this gen to think about but there needs to be some small reveals and talk. A digital E3 won't do enough justice in my opinion.

Top Bottom