• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Microsoft staff are openly questioning the value of diversity

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Sep 29, 2014
God, I despise HR. It is like a ministry of a truth. It's remarkable that a type of job that attracts people without real skills has so much control over companies, the weeds strangling the roses.

I notice many HR people are diversity hires as well. They also tend to be people who desire power over others and lack any real skills to justify it. Petty tyrants and morons.

Intelligent people don’t go into HR, or get social justice type degrees.

People who can do, do. People who can’t do, teach. People who can’t do or teach, become HR drones.

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
I always love to point out the irony of the BLM and other leftist's position...the pullback of police hurts primarily minority people. Crime going up on the South Side is not hurting the rich people on in Downers Grove and South Holland. It hurts the innocent black poor who have to bear the brunt of gangs and drug dealers.

The police don't actually have that much to do with it. Crime is cyclical. Now it's down, later it'll be up. The reasons never get fixed.

I notice many HR people are diversity hires as well. They also tend to be people who desire power over others and lack any real skills to justify it. Petty tyrants and morons.

Intelligent people don’t go into HR, or get social justice type degrees.

People who can do, do. People who can’t do, teach. People who can’t do or teach, become HR drones.

You're hopefully smarter than this.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Sep 29, 2014

Do you have a thing for HR? It’s the most useless department in any company filled with business school rejects and social science students. It is literally the place where people with useless degrees clog up the economy.

Reactions: Arelyon and Papa

ssolitare

Jan 12, 2009
Do you have a thing for HR? It’s the most useless department in any company filled with business school rejects and social science students. It is literally the place where people with useless degrees clog up the economy.

Let's ask any Fortune 500 company what they would do without a top notch HR department. They'd tell you that they couldn't compete in the market place. If HR is so useless and filled with incompetent people, why would that be the case?

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
As I've been saying for a while now, SJW's entire philosophy is built around hatred for white society. "Diversity" is nothing but a sweet sounding declaration of war against whites. SJWs' don't care about unity, they merely wish to usurp the power they perceive whites as having and taking it for themselves. SJWs are self-righteous, two-faced zealots that need to be rebuked by western society.
Again with these stormfront talking points🙄

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Let's ask any Fortune 500 company what they would do without a top notch HR department. They'd tell you that they couldn't compete in the market place. If HR is so useless and filled with incompetent people, why would that be the case?
They would probably get along just fine.

You are really over valuing HR.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Sep 29, 2014

I’d much rather hire a team personally than let a HR goon who has no knowledge of what my requirements are filter candidates for me. I work for a Fortune Global 500 company in management. My company is in the top 200 of that list.

Reactions: Papa

ssolitare

Jan 12, 2009
I’d much rather hire a team personally than let a HR goon who has no knowledge of what my requirements are filter candidates for me. I work for a Fortune Global 500 company in management. My company is in the top 200 of that list.

Hiring and onboarding is a tiny piece of your HR department. Your company can't survive without all departments being top notch.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Your company can't survive without all departments being top notch.
You've clearly never worked in a large corporate environment before. This sounds like someone viewing the situation from a distance.

Even the top corporations are a churning mess of inefficiency. Of course, you don't often get to see that through their thick PR shield (often propped up by the very HR departments you are championing).

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Sep 29, 2014
Hiring and onboarding is a tiny piece of your HR department. Your company can't survive without all departments being top notch.

HR is the weakest link in every organization out there. They all survive somehow. Beyond hiring, disciplineing employees, payroll, benefits, and setting policy for compliance, what else does an HR department do? Especially in big companies like mine then end up being too rigid and cause problems because they are bureaucrats at their best.

ssolitare

Jan 12, 2009
HR is the weakest link in every organization out there. They all survive somehow. Beyond hiring, disciplineing employees, payroll, benefits, and setting policy for compliance, what else does an HR department do? Especially in big companies like mine then end up being too rigid and cause problems because they are bureaucrats at their best.

Budget control, employee satisfaction and engagement, training and development, performance management, conflict resolution, branding, etc. They're as important strategically as anything else simply because the market place has changed so much in regards to sheer competition, but also the discovery in how happy employees benefits customers, and the business at large. If you haven't noticed HR has been rapidy evolving strategically, and with it's tools.

I'm not involved in HR, but I'm not asleep either.

You've clearly never worked in a large corporate environment before. This sounds like someone viewing the situation from a distance.

If you only knew.

Even the top corporations are a churning mess of inefficiency. Of course, you don't often get to see that through their thick PR shield (often propped up by the very HR departments you are championing).

Yes, but that has little to do with the strategic importance of HR departments anyway.

Last edited:

appaws

Banned
Jan 31, 2008
Taylorsville, Ky!
The police don't actually have that much to do with it. Crime is cyclical. Now it's down, later it'll be up. The reasons never get fixed.

I believe that the cycles are mostly generated by public attitudes on crime and the reactions of judges, prosecutors, and police. There are other factors there, of course, even the oft-cited effect of Roe v. Wade that is cited in Freakonomics. But such a high percentage of crime is committed by such a small number of people that recidivism is the biggest factor. Any lessening of imprisonment will result in an upswing of crime. We will pay for this so called "prison reform" down the road.

Police pullback has been documented in Chicago, especially after the ill-conceived agreement with the ACLU that saddled officers with a ridiculous regime of paperwork to do for everything. I have spoken to CPD officers about this, they tell me that morale is very low, and fear of incidents with minorities hampers their work daily. There is an assumption in the new State's Attorney office that the police are at fault and need to be reigned in.

Crime will be up in a few years because of this nonsense. Dictator Appaws will take care of it by wiping my ass on the 4th Amendment and installing a mandatory shoot on sight curfew from Midnight through 5AM, Sunday through Thursday, in any area with higher than average crime rates.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Sep 29, 2014
Budget control, employee satisfaction and engagement, training and development, performance management, conflict resolution, branding, etc. They're as important strategically as anything else simply because the market place has changed so much in regards to sheer competition, but also the discovery in how happy employees benefits customers, and the business at large. If you haven't noticed HR has been rapidy evolving strategically, and with it's tools.

Branding? You mean branding the place as a place to work? Otherwise that is a marketing function. Every department has budgets. If HR is doing overall budget control they are combined with accounting. I’ll give you some of the other personelle related functions, but I’d consider training and satisfaction to be benefits, and conflict management as part of discapline.

It is a necessary bit of bureaucracy, but it is usually far too rigid and treats every problem as if it has a hammer. At least that is my experience with large companies and their HR departments.

Gandara

Jun 16, 2005
Our company was bought out by a newer company where most of the people working there are under 40. All I kept hearing is making sure upper management is diverse. Just hire who is good for the job. I wonder if you didn't know the persons race or gender how it would play out. To bad it's near impossible to do that.

Arkage

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Diversity is good, forced diversity isn't. Sloppy language and either/or framing throughout the article, dumb political axes to grind.

Aug 21, 2018

Tell it to the people who got rob at downtown and people who got punch by teens

AmaiMask

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Again with these stormfront talking points🙄
Doesn't make what I said any less true though, this is how SJWs think and they boast openly about it. Hatred of white society is the core of SJW philosophy. They love using the word "white privilege" and will find ways to justify their hatred & dress it up. These people are insincere zealots that should be called out and rebuked at every turn. Good on this woman for speaking out.

Edit: They unironically call discrimination of qualified white candidates "positive discrimination", that's the level of mental gymnastics these people engage in.

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Looking at the big picture, maybe this is one tiny reason of many tiny reasons why Microsoft isn’t all it could be. Too much fucking about hiring people based on melanin, not enough time spent hiring the best candidate for the job. Does Microsoft want to have the best output it possibly can, or does it want to suck up to a bunch of professional griefers who will still hate the company with every fiber of their being?

Edit: and to be fair, I’m sure this issue isn’t limited to Microsoft; it’s a cancer in the world that rewards these companies for hiring token individuals the same way one might tick off boxes on a dim sum menu. That’s not justice, it’s racism, both for the person who was never considered for the job despite being better qualified and the one given the job who is going to struggle to gain the respect of peers when it becomes evident they suck. We are so fucked as a country, right now, everyone has a sandy vagina about those moms bribing their kids’ way into schools they couldn’t qualify for on their own, yet people remain quiet when we allow people to have rewards for no other accomplishment than what shade they are. It’s fucking ridiculous.

Last edited:

weltalldx

Feb 25, 2017
I think Trump's administration is starting a much needed conversation on the value of affirmative action/equality of outcome in an era of rapid innovation and fierce competition. His administration will have a lasting impact in the areas of civil rights at least for a generation and whether that leaves a positive or negative mark remains to be seen. His administration's focus on meritocracy and equality of opportunity will shape society's views on the values of affirmative action and equality of outcome in this day and age. I hope that the majority of people can begin to realize that if a person doesn't make it in America in this moment in time, it's not because the system is out to get that person. Society has moved away from the slavery and jim crow to favoring minority status. It is time for some folks to accept that the nation is at a point where it is most equal, accepting, and just than anytime in history.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: DunDunDunpachi

Zog

Oct 24, 2017
Diversity is good, forced diversity isn't. Sloppy language and either/or framing throughout the article, dumb political axes to grind.
Is diversity automatically good just for the sake of diversity as long as it isn't forced? What makes non forced diversity good?

Nymphae

Banned
Jun 3, 2013
Canada
Is diversity automatically good just for the sake of diversity as long as it isn't forced? What makes non forced diversity good?

When I hear "diversity is good", I think "for what specifically?"
I actually don't see how it is a positive in and of itself. It can very much be a negative or a positive I think, and whether or not "diversity is good" depends on what areas we are looking at. Is cultural diversity in my hometown good for restaurants? Yes. Other than that I do struggle to see the significant benefits of drastically different cultures existing side by side in the same place.

Reactions: Zog

Ixiah

Banned
Feb 16, 2018
How bout you just hire the best Men or Woman who apply for a Job ?
If you hire based on quotas you are Sexist and/or Racist, doesnt matter that it is "positive" Sexism.

ssolitare

Jan 12, 2009
Diversity is good.

But the main problem with the initiatives I see is that companies aim for recognition, which in turn widdles down to a marketing thing, and HR departments need to fulfill that checkbox rather than actually embracing diversity as a whole.

My company is guilty of wanting recognition, but I also like how performance is such a major factor in the company. It creates a lot of pressure, but the cream rises to the top. No quotas, but we think diverse, and have the respect to go along with it.

Cato

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Agree on skill set and knowledge. Am yet to see evidence for diversity of culture, gender or race being anything but irrelevant attributes.

Diversity on skill set and knowledge. What is that actually?
It can't be meritocracy because that strives to hire only the most skilled and most knowledged people.
That does not sound very diverse.

Diversity in skill set and knowledge, that must be the opposite.
The goal then must be to hire some smart people, some mediocre people and some really dumb people, so we have diversity.
Teams work best if you have the right mix of smart, mediocre, dumb and incompetent people ?

Wonder how that would work out. (Though I have worked at places where I can almost swear that the hiring policy must work like that.)

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jun 26, 2007
Best Coast
In the world of genetics, a population with a diverse gene pool is able to adapt more quickly to changing environments. Compare that to a similar population that is mostly clones of each other, a lack of diversity can lead to getting completely wiped out by one virus.

This applies to other fields as well, except maybe mass Dragoons controlled with perfect micro by AI in Starcraft.

Barnabot

Oct 16, 2018
How a diversity hiring works today?

Do HR want you do the following?
- specify your skin color, race, and/or gender
- Put a good picture of yours in your resume

Do they decide to hire you by the name you have?

Or do they know you'll be hired or not as soons as you step into the interview room and then they take a good look at how you look like?

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
How a diversity hiring works today?

Do HR want you do the following?
- specify your skin color, race, and/or gender
- Put a good picture of yours in your resume

Do they decide to hire you by the name you have?

Or do they know you'll be hired or not as soons as you step into the interview room and then they take a good look at how you look like?
It's probably abused much in the same way H1-B work visas are abused.

They openly advertise jobs, which have ridiculous requirements for a pay level. Discriminate against citizens based on discrete skills for a position that a competent applicant could train into within a couple weeks and claim they can't fill the jobs and require more H1-B sponsors.

ssolitare

Jan 12, 2009

There's studies and stuff that talk about the tangible business impact, but I won't focus on that.

"Diversity is good" is not limited to gender and ethnicity diversity, we're also talking about diversify of background and mindset.

It reduces barriers (less likely to pass over qualified people that you feel artificial discomfort with, it keeps you from looking just for similarity and compatibility).

It engages more customers, and better enables you to reach more customers. This is why representation in media is important. It also boosts your companies brand.

You have more skill representation, leading to more creative teams. Not everyone needs to be a technical wizard, or a leader.

It should lead to less lawsuits.

Competition is demanding it. Companies have to bring in people from other countries to compete (whether it's from cheaper labor, or domestic skills shortages)

We want inclusivity because we effectively don't want to cause people to hide their identities, which reduces performance. We want people to be comfortable being themselves. It increases courage, which is probably one of the most important business oriented qualities a person can have.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
There's studies and stuff that talk about the tangible business impact, but I won't focus on that.

"Diversity is good" is not limited to gender and ethnicity diversity, we're also talking about diversify of background and mindset.

It reduces barriers (less likely to pass over qualified people that you feel artificial discomfort with, it keeps you from looking just for similarity and compatibility).

It engages more customers, and better enables you to reach more customers. This is why representation in media is important. It also boosts your companies brand.

You have more skill representation, leading to more creative teams. Not everyone needs to be a technical wizard, or a leader.

It should lead to less lawsuits.

Competition is demanding it. Companies have to bring in people from other countries to compete (whether it's from cheaper labor, or domestic skills shortages)

We want inclusivity because we effectively don't want to cause people to hide their identities, which reduces performance. We want people to be comfortable being themselves. It increases courage, which is probably one of the most important business oriented qualities a person can have.
Diversity in the workplace doesn't help things actually become fairer, though. The research on this is widely available.

In fact, reaching a prescribed level of "diversity" within a company produces the opposite effect:

Even when there is clear evidence of discrimination at a company, the presence of a diversity policy leads people to discount claims of unfair treatment. In previous research, we’ve found that this is especially true for members of dominant groups and those who tend to believe that the system is generally fair.
This "diversity" stuff is nothing more than a buzzword from academia. Qualified women and minorities were excluded from jobs in spite of their qualifications. Corporate diversity quotas themselves are a stopgap measure and there is little evidence they lead to positive results in the long run.

I think it's hard to argue they even helped correct a problem. Labor protections have been around for decades, so in terms of hiring and treatment most minorities/disadvantaged people were protected by law. It is the internal corporate diversity structures that've run amok.

And, like all other bureaucracies, rules governing diversity can be abused and manipulated, leading for instance to lawsuits against Harvard for excluding higher-scoring Asian students based on their race.

These diversity structures are evil. Not "broken" nor "in need of improvement". Evil. They were put in place to prevent people from being robbed out of a position because of their race, and now they are currently robbing people out of a position because of their race. Irony upon irony.

Last edited:

Bogey

May 4, 2014
Well, she makes sound arguments - her mistake is believing this debate is being led based on facts. That has never been the case.

It doesn't take much of a genius in statistics to understand if you have a talent pool of, say, 90 percent men and 10 percent women, and then somehow end up with a 50:50 split in your company, if you don't introduce a significant artificial bias (aka lower the bar for the smaller group).

Now if you look at the distribution of eg gender in technical subjects at university.. 90 percent is not too far fetched.

You can picture the magnitude of the bias you'd have to introduce to end up with anything close to 50:50. There is next to zero chance for any other effect (eg general benefit of diversity, should there be any) to offset this. Or in other words - yea, you'll be gimping your own talent pool.

Unfortunately, I speak from experience. I work in an area with very similarly skweded talent pool proportions, and we've had to let excellent applicants go on more than just one occasion because they didn't fit with the artificial quotas.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Apr 25, 2009
He/him
Diversity on skill set and knowledge. What is that actually?
It can't be meritocracy because that strives to hire only the most skilled and most knowledged people.
That does not sound very diverse.

Diversity in skill set and knowledge, that must be the opposite.
The goal then must be to hire some smart people, some mediocre people and some really dumb people, so we have diversity.
Teams work best if you have the right mix of smart, mediocre, dumb and incompetent people ?

Wonder how that would work out. (Though I have worked at places where I can almost swear that the hiring policy must work like that.)

Think of it like Team Fortress 2. You don’t want everyone playing sniper. You need a medic, a pyro, a heavy, a spy, a soldier, a demo, maybe a scout. This is diversity of skill set.

Knowledge is how much you know, not intelligence. Intelligence is how quickly you learn, so while you would ideally have everyone of high intelligence, you want a range of knowledge (i.e. experience) so that you have a succession plan. You don’t want everyone 60 years old and at the peak of their career only to retire in a few years and leave you with no one.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Think of it like Team Fortress 2. You don’t want everyone playing sniper. You need a medic, a pyro, a heavy, a spy, a soldier, a demo, maybe a scout. This is diversity of skill set.

Knowledge is how much you know, not intelligence. Intelligence is how quickly you learn, so while you would ideally have everyone of high intelligence, you want a range of knowledge (i.e. experience) so that you have a succession plan. You don’t want everyone 60 years old and at the peak of their career only to retire in a few years and leave you with no one.
I think where the comparison breaks down is that no one is arbitrarily dictating "diversity of skill set". The premise is an ideological one.

If you can make your buck with an all-sniper team, why should the government insist that a "diversity of skill set" (let alone a diversity of skin colors) would be more profitable for you?

The market dictates the value of a "diversity of skill set". It would be silly to arbitrarily have a plumber work for a landscaping company for the sake of "skill diversity". We would say that is anti-competitive, because the government is forcing a landscaping company to hire a person who isn't qualified for the particular industry.

Ah, but what if that landscaping company specialized in custom water-features? That plumber's "diversity" would suddenly come in handy and the company would reach out and hire a plumber for that role. No artificial "diversity quota" was necessary to reach the desired outcome.

Zog

Oct 24, 2017
In the world of genetics, a population with a diverse gene pool is able to adapt more quickly to changing environments. Compare that to a similar population that is mostly clones of each other, a lack of diversity can lead to getting completely wiped out by one virus.

This applies to other fields as well, except maybe mass Dragoons controlled with perfect micro by AI in Starcraft.

So if diversity is such a benefit, there should be nothing wrong with forced diversity, yeah?

Cucked SoyBoy

Banned
Dec 18, 2018

The purpose of a nation is not to ensure big corporations can get away with paying as little as possible while making the largest profits possible. "Cheap labor" should not be an excuse whatsoever. Just hire Americans, period. If you have to pay them more, too fucking bad.

As for "domestic skills shortages," I'll just say LOL. That's complete bullshit.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
As for "domestic skills shortages," I'll just say LOL. That's complete bullshit.
"Domestic skill shortages" is just fancy talk for "our skilled workers are leaving for more competitive wages and we're stuck trying to hire unskilled people at the same level of pay instead of raising our wages to be more competitive". I'm watching it happen in a lot of service and utility companies now.

Papa

Banned
Apr 25, 2009
He/him
I think where the comparison breaks down is that no one is arbitrarily dictating "diversity of skill set". The premise is an ideological one.

If you can make your buck with an all-sniper team, why should the government insist that a "diversity of skill set" (let alone a diversity of skin colors) would be more profitable for you?

The market dictates the value of a "diversity of skill set". It would be silly to arbitrarily have a plumber work for a landscaping company for the sake of "skill diversity". We would say that is anti-competitive, because the government is forcing a landscaping company to hire a person who isn't qualified for the particular industry.

Ah, but what if that landscaping company specialized in custom water-features? That plumber's "diversity" would suddenly come in handy and the company would reach out and hire a plumber for that role. No artificial "diversity quota" was necessary to reach the desired outcome.

Oh yeah, the government definitely shouldn’t be regulating it. I’m just saying you can’t have everyone pushing pencils in HR else nothing will get done 😉

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Doesn't make what I said any less true though, this is how SJWs think and they boast openly about it. Hatred of white society is the core of SJW philosophy. They love using the word "white privilege" and will find ways to justify their hatred & dress it up. These people are insincere zealots that should be called out and rebuked at every turn. Good on this woman for speaking out.

Edit: They unironically call discrimination of qualified white candidates "positive discrimination", that's the level of mental gymnastics these people engage in.
yeah....no it's not. You can dislike SJW's without straight making shit up about them.

I suggest actually reading some feminist or intersectional literature. It is a lot deeper than just "hate whitey", and this coming from someone who disagrees with sjw's almost all the time. You sound like an idiot with your "white society" nonsense by the way. You're not a mind reader

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Have you seen the videos about Bret Weinstein and Evergreen College? There is quite a bit about hating whites from the students, the faculty and administrative staff directed at other students, faculty and administrative staff.

If that isn't a core tenet of intersectionality, then why does it's practice showcase it?

Or is this another bullshit excuse for real Communism has never been tried, 'No True Scotsman Fallacy'?

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jun 26, 2007
Best Coast
So if diversity is such a benefit, there should be nothing wrong with forced diversity, yeah?
That would conflict with other values, such as freedom of choice, free speech, and right to privacy. The issue isn't black and white. Not very many things are.

We live in a society, and as such, we've set the rules that everyone has to play by, and also iterate as we go along.

Super Mario

Banned
Nov 12, 2016
Diversity is the biggest load of shit currently in the business world. Even the "diversity of thought" is accepting that we need it, but trying to draw a line on discrimination. It's all shit. It's all garbage. Talent will always be king. Hiring a woman somewhere in your ranks doesn't suddenly open you up to a bunch of female customers.

Our culture is making a race towards the bottom in regard to these cancer liberal cultures. Where skills and abilities are now taking a back seat to "victim classes". Having worked in such environments before, the white males are largely the ones responsible for picking up slack on all of the handicaps given to others. A woman doesn't perform? We will move her to a non-performance area like HR. A man doesn't perform? Fired.

Reactions: Papa

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jun 26, 2007
Best Coast
yeah....no it's not. You can dislike SJW's without straight making shit up about them.

I suggest actually reading some feminist or intersectional literature. It is a lot deeper than just "hate whitey", and this coming from someone who disagrees with sjw's almost all the time. You sound like an idiot with your "white society" nonsense by the way. You're not a mind reader
I wonder if he realizes he's just as mired in identity politics as the SJWs he so vehemently bemoans?

Jan 9, 2018
In general, not only are the arguments for "diversity" thin, but they also end up ignoring all the kinds of diversity you can obtain even within groups that are of a single gender, race, etc.

Shared background also creates cohesion and morale where human sociology is concerned, so there are always competing values to balance here, even if one is committed to these reductive models of all human social endeavors through the narrow lens of evolutionary survival.

Plus, once again, diversity of academic backgrounds and skills would be most important by far. Diversity along various fashionable identity metrics, on the other hand, really has zero apparent benefits for adaptation to new situations outside a rather narrow band.

True, but the former cannibalizes the latter in practice, which is the whole problem.

Look at the way the diversity crowd has rather consistently disparaged the "autistic guys" of tech. It is very much true that technology jobs at the upper end have a disproportionate number of young men who may suffer from various spectrum or social disorders. But... that's a really good thing, not at all something to "correct." It means that this type of mind has an advantage and affinity in this area, even though it might be excluded from other types of roles.

It's actually a pretty great achievement that we see this kind of mind dominating in the new tech fields, because that's a long way from terms like "trainspotter" which were used disparagingly to refer to all the autists who obsessed with mechanical systems in the past. Diversity should mean unique types of minds finding their niche, and then meeting each other there and recognizing a new kind of shared contribution and solidarity.

But what you get in tech today is a lot of HR-infected minds and new *-studies grads with little tech knowledge coming in to fix the problem of too many young men, by prioritizing certain social skills and insisting on percentages of women etc. It does not benefit diversity at all... it just reduces it to a little progressive social project of pet demographics & causes.

In PR jobs, perhaps. But keep that thinking where it belongs, far away from technical jobs which demand another kind of mind.

AmaiMask

Banned
Oct 24, 2017

Clearly you haven't been paying that much attention to SJWs if you can't see how everything they're about boils down to hatred of white society. I'm not reading minds here, I'm going by what these people say all around social media. I'm not talking crazy here, merely pointing to the reality of the situation which, for whatever reason, you refuse or are unable to see. How can you claim you "disagree with SJW's almost all the time" and yet be so genuinely shocked-almost offended even-at what I'm saying? I don't think you're arguing in good faith at all. If anything you probably agree with SJWs more than you're letting on.

SJWs hate white society, this is a fact.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Have you seen the videos about Bret Weinstein and Evergreen College? There is quite a bit about hating whites from the students, the faculty and administrative staff directed at other students, faculty and administrative staff.

If that isn't a core tenet of intersectionality, then why does it's practice showcase it?

Or is this another bullshit excuse for real Communism has never been tried, 'No True Scotsman Fallacy'?
those students hate the power structure of the school, and to them "white" is just a catch all term for patricachial power and institutional force. It's not literal, obviously

Listen to their demands. It wasn't "hang whites from trees".

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Clearly you haven't been paying that much attention to SJWs if you can't see how everything they're about boils down to hatred of white society. I'm not reading minds here, I'm going by what these people say all around social media. I'm not talking crazy here, merely pointing to the reality of the situation which, for whatever reason, you refuse or are unable to see. How can you claim you "disagree with SJW's almost all the time" and yet be so genuinely shocked-almost offended even-at what I'm saying? I don't think you're arguing in good faith at all. If anything you probably agree with SJWs more than you're letting on.

SJWs hate white society, this is a fact.
I refuse to allow stormfront talking points to go by unchallenged. You're talking complete nonsense. What "white society" are SJW tearing down? Microsoft has had diversity quotas going on over a decade. Was it not a part of "white society". Silicon Valley is majority non-white and has been for years. Is it now not part of your white society? This is a retarded way to look at the world. I'm offended you think you can act so stupid here and be surprised you're getting blowback

Do yourself a favor. Stop reading Twitter, read an actual book or talk to someone with a different opinion.

Last edited:

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
those students hate the power structure of the school, and to them "white" is just a catch all term for patricachial power and institutional force. It's not literal, obviously

Listen to their demands. It wasn't "hang whites from trees".
Is this a gas lighting attempt at what I see in those three videos? Because I just watched the third one earlier today and the identifier of person of color is used a number of times as a rebuttal to whatever decorum was attempted during whatever you call that bat shit insane institution.

Papa

Banned
Apr 25, 2009
He/him
I've seen the gaslighting accusations thrown around a fair bit over the past week. Can we please stop and assume that the people we are interacting with are posting with good intentions (unless given clear indications otherwise)? Leave the paranoia to other forums.