• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft ships almost 3.5 million units in launch quarter, analyst says

Umbasaborne

Banned
I was looking for a PS5 but found a Xbox Series X instead so got that.

i think a lot of people are in that boat. But its not bad as second choices go. Its a great console
To play your third parties on with a huge backlog of stuff going back to the og xbox. And gamepass is a great value. It will definitely hold you over until you can get a ps5. It is severely lacking in compelling exclusives though. Like i cant believe how hard microsoft dropped the ball on that front. They should be embarassed about the way halo infinite went down. They stuck to that unrealistic 2020 window for so long until they had to delay their only big launch game by a fucking year.

Last edited:

sainraja

i think a lot of people are in that boat. But its not bad as second choices go. Its a great console
To play your third parties on with a huge backlog of stuff going back to the og xbox. And gamepass is a great value. It will definitely hold you over until you can get a ps5. It is severely lacking in compelling exclusives though. Like i cant believe how hard microsoft dropped the ball on that front. They should be embarassed about the way halo infinite went down. They stuck to that unrealistic 2020 window for so long until they had to delay their only big launch game by a fucking year.
Oh yeah for sure. I was always going to be getting a Series X at some point so figured why not now and can get the PS5 when its readily available. I got the Xbox One, then the One X as well during their launch. You covered the situation for it game wise but that is looking to be different now with the Series X.

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Daniel Ahmad? Ok.

As long as it's not Michael Pachter..

Nobody with a huge PS4 games collection is gonna go Xbox, not happening ever
Nobody is going to find an XSX for sale period. It looks like they're manufacturing more PS5's than XSX recently. All the scalpers are even sold out of the XSX, but most still have the PS5 available.

Edit: Looking at Ebay just now. With no filters, there are
PS5= 4,900+ available.
Xbox series X= 819 available.

Last edited:

Alright

Banned
Ignoring the console wars comparisons, how does this figure track towards Microsofts estimation?

Were there supply constraints from suppliers?

What was the split between XSS and XSX? Did that meet expectations?

Numbers are meaningless without the meaning.

Last edited:

Ten_Fold

I know there are a lot of trolls on this site, but you have to realize this is a good thing. We need ALL three big companies doing well in the market so no one gets complacent. Keep each other on their toes and continue to innovate and push the industry forward.
Best response, I personally want Microsoft to be on Sony’s ass all this gen, I can see the ps5 being ahead 5-10m units ahead of Microsoft really starts to buy up studios an only put their games on Xbox/PC. Sony have been on cruise control for too long, some people want Microsoft to lose which is dumb.

Jaysen

Banned
The hell is this? I did exactly that because I prefer the hardware and controller, and features. I also have the PS5 for Sony exclusives and for my large library of PS4 titles. This isn't as unusual as you think. Last gen I did the same exact thing from 360 to PS4, except in that case I saw nothing of value in the XB1 so I never bought one.

Banned
We need the semiconductor industry to expand from just Taiwan and Korea. They can't meet demand especially during a pandemic

yeah... this is a perfect storm of shit hitting the fan right now.

Crypto Currency boom + pandemic + new console launches + new highly attractive new GPU launches

sainraja

Are you going somewhere with that? Not sure I understand your point but I always get all consoles; just not at the same time. I got the XSX back in February and just grabbed the PS5 this past week (I wasn't aggressive in my search for either but saw XSX available before the PS5 and I usually go with PlayStation first.)

EDIT

I got the XSX back in January (just checked my order date.)

Last edited:

Zones

Are you going somewhere with that? Not sure I understand your point but I always get all consoles; just not at the same time. I got the XSX back in February and just grabbed the PS5 this past week (I wasn't aggressive in my search for either but saw XSX available before the PS5 and I usually go with PlayStation first.)

EDIT

I got the XSX back in January (just checked my order date.)
Thanks for this very important clarification...

We all here really needed to know this, and the accuracy of such information clearly cannot be overstated.

sainraja

Thanks for this very important clarification...

We all here really needed to know this, and the accuracy of such information clearly cannot be overstated.

Oh yeah that's not a problem at all. You're welcome. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom