• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Rewards |OT| Get Game Pass for free

Topher

Gold Member
They nerfed the hell out of the mobile app. Bonuses gone, jewel is 5 points now lol. The console app is dead next month too so that weekly streak is gone.

Guess I don't have to waste my time playing that stupid jewel game anymore. I just came back to rewards and now Microsoft is trying to drive me away again.

You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
It’ll probably be Xbox 360’d next week and come back.

However that jewel game has only ever been 5 for me.

Last edited:

RPS37

As long as you do the phone / web / game pass quests, you should be able to do that reasonably easily IMO.

Topher Topher

I noticed that the buttons for auto-redeeming the $10 gift card and GP Core now work on the website, but the one for GPU is still greyed out. I reckon they're enabling those in time with the Rewards app on console shutting down next month.
I’ve been doing alright until the latest nerfs 😩

Phobos Base

Need around 400 points a day to get GPU, with the latest round of cuts I don't think this is even possible. It was fun whilst it lasted, but now the program gives so little it does seem worth it any more.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
adamsapple adamsapple The weekly streak thing is showing up in my Xbox mobile app. Is it showing on the console app?

Are you talking about this one?

bwDjCFH.jpg

For me it's showing on phone, Xbox and PC in the Xbox App, but of course I can play any game on the console and it wont count...

New thing, broken as usual...

From what I've noticed, it takes a few minutes for it to register, it's not as quick to count as the 'play PC game' one.

Last edited:

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Are you talking about this one?

bwDjCFH.jpg

From what I've noticed, it takes a few minutes for it to register, it's not as quick to count as the 'play PC game' one.
I'm playing since almost one hour, launched a few games, Games Pass and not, nothing.

It's midnight now here, first day lost, 6 remaining to complete the 5 days, I guess it won't work.

Oh, and France only get 250 points + 25 if you own GPU, not 500 😒

adamsapple

Yeah, I haven't seen that before

Oh....it is broken already? lol....why am I not surprised?

Yeah based on that rewards reddit, looks like that weekly quest is rolling out to everyone now.

I'm playing since almost one hour, launched a few games, Games Pass and not, nothing.

It's midnight now here, first day lost, 6 remaining to complete the 5 days, I guess it won't work.

Oh, and France only get 250 points + 25 if you own GPU, not 500 😒

hmm weird. I usually just start something over xcloud and leave it on for a few minutes on a separate laptop while working and it has tagged by the time i check.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Yeah based on that rewards reddit, looks like that weekly quest is rolling out to everyone now.

hmm weird. I usually just start something over xcloud and leave it on for a few minutes on a separate laptop while working and it has tagged by the time i check.
The PC one works that way since weeks, it show up after 10 or 15 minutes, sometimes even if I start a game for only 5 minutes it show up after.

But the "new" console one does not work, looks like many have that issue on the subreddit.

Topher

Gold Member

I've had times when playing a new level in Jewel doesn't register at all. That's why I'm glad they dropped the points down to 5. Not worth the hassle. Sometimes the same happens when playing games. Shouldn't have to keep it running for hours. This shit is certainly not what I'd call reliable.

Topher

Gold Member
Just tried this on xCloud and looks like it is working. Pretty cool you don't have to actually play on a real console.

Although strange that the 10 point "play a game on console" doesn't work for xcloud. lol

Last edited:

adamsapple

Just tried this on xCloud and looks like it is working. Pretty cool you don't have to actually play on a real console.

Although strange that the 10 point "play a game on console" doesn't work for xcloud. lol

No that works for me too. I've only done it via cloud today and it worked.

Topher

Gold Member
Trying to play a game via xcloud doesn't seem to work for "play on a console". Thought I might have to actually play on a console rather than cloud, but seems others having the same problem.....

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Trying to play a game via xcloud doesn't seem to work for "play on a console". Thought I might have to actually play on a console rather than cloud, but seems others having the same problem.....

It finally worked for me, I did not always get the 10 point quest to validate but the "Weekly console bonus" had the first two days counted after two days.
Yesterday everything worked for me and was at 4/5 days.

EDIT : I may have to start a game, not resume it though, I'll try resuming one today.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Mines worked okay the playing on console which is ironic as it’s normally me that has the issues.

adamsapple

3xWILfE.jpg

My final for this month.

Far from the halcyon days of 30k points of a year or so ago, but it's not nothing.

Topher

Gold Member
Looks like MS reduced the number of tiles. I was seeing four 10 point tiles now I see one 10 and one 5.

kmZpppl.png

adamsapple

Looks like MS reduced the number of tiles. I was seeing four 10 point tiles now I see one 10 and one 5.

kmZpppl.png

I see 4 tiles

3x 5 pts and 1x 10 pts, along with the 3 on top that count toward the dailies.

Topher

Gold Member
One thing I've noticed is that some of these activities in the app will not get triggered until much later in the day. So even though they are on my phone right now, doesn't matter what I do, they will not recognize the activity. If I wait until the evening, say around 8pm EST, then I'm having no issues.

Nitty_Grimes

Yep I’ve had that with the play game on pc. I’ve done my dailies in Solitaire to earn ‘play a game on pc’ and it’s shown up on the phone in the evening.

Top Bottom