• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Raising Prices on New, First-Party Games Built for Xbox Series X|S to $70 in 2023

Kiraly

Xbox is preparing to join other major games publishers in raising the prices of its major new first-party titles from $60 to $70.

Beginning in 2023, games built for Xbox Series X|S including Forza Motorsport, Redfall, and Starfield will cost $69.99 USD at launch. While Xbox has noted that regional pricing may differ, it has not yet given specifics for other countries.

"This price reflects the content, scale, and technical complexity of these titles," a Microsoft spokesperson told IGN. "As with all games developed by our teams at Xbox, they will also be available with Game Pass the same day they launch.”

Last edited:

Mr Moose

gasp-in.gif

zzill3

Banned
Mmmh… just like it was JUST Sony pushing for $70 games… :rolleyes:. It is likely that they will, this is still the investment phase.
I know they will, no one is expecting game pass to be the same price in 2050. They lasted 2 years longer than Sony making current gen games $70, though, so I’m hoping we get another couple years of gamepass at this price

LordOfChaos

Well this all aged well. Not following Sony on 70 dollar first party titles. But now we are, right before we launch some big ones. Not following the PS5 price increase. But that's going to happen early next year.

Game Pass is the next thing to increase in price, I have no doubt about that, 70 dollars to buy Starfield but you can play it for a month for like 1/7th the price, that's going to change eventually once they have enough people in, the Netflix model.

Last edited:
Top Bottom