• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950 XL announced: "Windows Phone is back" (The Verge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
How's the delay?

Is it possible to use that setup regularly, or there's a noticeable delay compared to plugging in from a cable?

I need to try it few more times to better gauge the delay. I was using the phone as a trackpad so I would like to use a mouse and keyboard next. I don't have the dock so I can't compare. I'm sure the dock would be the ideal scenario though.

really interesting work went into RDP last release. I'm interested in seeing how it's evolved since I last was working on it in mid 2014.

hwalker84

I'm praying on day Bomgar makes a Windows Phone app. While I didn't seem like I missed it much from my windows phone. I was able to remote in and fix something while driving to my Japanese class yesterday. Going to be hard to give that up unless i carry my Surface everywhere.

I'm praying on day Bomgar makes a Windows Phone app. While I didn't seem like I missed it much from my windows phone. I was able to remote in and fix something while driving to my Japanese class yesterday. Going to be hard to give that up unless i carry my Surface everywhere.

Remote into your surface, and then use Bomgar to remote into work.

U2NUMB

Had my XL over the weekend.. and while I could not get it on my network (need a nano sim) yet I have really enjoyed what it brings. No software issues so far and I am back in love with the windows platform.. wont miss android at all.

VertPin

Asking for a friend.

How are you guys enjoying Windows Phone 7/8/8.1/10 Mobile OS? Worth it? Is it all just BS'd "app store sucks" "windows phone is dead"? Was it worth buying, or would you go to iOS or Android?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Asking for a friend.

How are you guys enjoying Windows Phone 7/8/8.1/10 Mobile OS? Worth it? Is it all just BS'd "app store sucks" "windows phone is dead"? Was it worth buying, or would you go to iOS or Android?

I love Microsoft, but friends don't let friends buy a windows phone. The ecosystem is as dead as this thread.

n64coder

Asking for a friend.

I'm happy with my 950XL and Windows 10. I feel that it's worth it. I suggest starting out with a cheap phone such as the 640 and see if you like it.

VertPin

I love Microsoft, but friends don't let friends buy a windows phone. The ecosystem is as dead as this thread.

Any hope for Windows 10 Mobile to get any better? Or do you suppose there will be another rebranding to lure more users in? Or is Windows Mobile OS dead at this point?

Dead as in, dead dead

I am trying to push him either to iOS or Android...but he won't listen.

JaggedSac

Any hope for Windows 10 Mobile to get any better? Or do you suppose there will be another rebranding to lure more users in? Or is Windows Mobile OS dead at this point?

Dead as in, dead dead

Windows Mobile has died twice. And Windows Phone once, maybe twice as well, lol.

Maxey

It still hurts me that Nokia went from being the most popular to one of the most irrelevant brands in the mobile world while still making pretty damn good phones.

If only Microsoft would realize this and let Nokia be Nokia again... But I guess it would be far too late anyway.

VertPin

Dang.

I'm expecting Windows phone OS (can we all agree to just call it that? there are so many names for it...) will literally be a dead platform within the next year or so...as in, Microsoft will give up on it and just port all their remaining apps to iOS/Android.

RM8

An Android Lumia would make me switch back to both Android and Lumia, lol. It's a shame, back in 2011 I was in love with the OS and I genuinely thought it'd get more support in the future.

Korey

Dead as in, dead dead

No.

Windows Phone has been on its deathbed for like 3 years now. I have no idea how it's still a thing. Apparently people in England like it or something?

Have your friend visualize taking his money, throwing it in a trash can, and lighting it on fire. That's what it'll be like jumping on Windows Phone at this point.

No.

Windows Phone has been on its deathbed for like 3 years now. I have no idea how it's still a thing. Apparently people in England like it or something?

Have your friend visualize taking his money, throwing it in a trash can, and lighting it on fire. That's what it'll be like jumping on Windows Phone at this point.

i don't think that's a proper analogy.

burning money in a trash bin can at least keep you warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom