• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft is updating Xbox Series X game box designs

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
The fuck, it looks horrible, I though it was a joke.

This is how it should look like:

E32jVuTXoAwmqKr

Killer8

Does the lack of green plastic space at the top imply that the whole box shape is seeing a redesign?

I like the new design, but the Halo Infinite art needs to be spaced out better. The console and game logos are too close together.

Whitecrow

Banned
Looks totally bland and uninspired, but whatever.

The worst is the X at the top right asking you to close the window...

thatJohann

I don't like that big white label on the top left. I also understand Series S doesn't have a disc drive, but it's kinda weird not seeing it next to the Series X icon on the right. Hmm

cormack12

Gold Member
I buy digital so we'll all be looking at the same tile. I really hoped theyd keep the black boxes though, was hoping they would keep those:

IyuMaB.jpg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Look everyone, this is what happens when you are desperate to troll, but your brain is clearly not functioning properly
Hey now, even CatLady CatLady forgot and she's bigly fan!

I am being genuine, it wasn't meant as a troll even if I can be Master Class-117, I legit forgot that thing didn't have a disc drive. :pie_roffles:

Last edited:
- Height is way too big.
- The diagonal design makes the logo look off-centre.
- Too much white space in the platform box.
- Platform box could be more subtle than just a 'white box'.
- Needs a divider between each listed console.
- If that's the official Halo box, then the Halo title is way too close to the box (because the box height is way too big).
- Top right icons are just too floaty, don't understand why they're on the artwork to begin with. Just means the artwork itself is limited.
- Also limits the artwork edge color/contrast.
- The fan one mentioned is ok but the height is still too big for me.
- The current Xbox case had a nice embossed Xbox logo which was nice, suppose it cuts down on cost and manufacturing.

Overall:
RzE0yBYLa6wo.gif

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

After Best Buy began carrying listings for upcoming Xbox games featuring new box art, the company told VGC on Thursday that the updated designs will be rolled out later this year.

The new game boxes remove ‘XBOX’ from the top centre of the existing template and relocate the Xbox logo from the top middle of the box to the top left. The game’s platforms are also listed on a white background rather than on a black one.

Microsoft said the new packaging had been designed to allow the game art to take centre stage, while also providing more clarity on things like platforms and features supported by each title.

I think they look nicer, but that fucking Standard Edition banner on the Forza box looks fucking stupid. Why would you redesign the box but just slap the same full length banners on them?

Kokoloko85

I really dislike both PS5’s and Xbox’s box design. Blue and Green. Bleagh

PS5 should of gone white and black and Xbox should of gone OG xbox style.

Banned

E32jVuTXoAwmqKr

yeah if you google Xbox Series X Cover Mockup there are way cleaner ones, even ones that play it save and don't change too drastically from the XBox One design like this one

perfect_dark___cover_mockup___logo___xbox_series_x_by_kevboard_dduzh97-pre.jpg

ddohojx-93f837a3-bc1a-4069-acac-0ee43d922b70.png

that black design does look very classy tho, as does this one:

xbox-series-x-gamecase.jpg

Last edited:

Renozokii

yeah if you google Xbox Series X Cover Mockup there are way cleaner ones, even ones that play it save and don't change too drastically from the XBox One design like this one

perfect_dark___cover_mockup___logo___xbox_series_x_by_kevboard_dduzh97-pre.jpg

ddohojx-93f837a3-bc1a-4069-acac-0ee43d922b70.png

That Alan wake one is the winner by a mile to me. All versions it runs on, and the series x has an outline that shows which box it is since you know the naming convention is ass. And it really lets the art shine.

Banned
That Alan wake one is the winner by a mile to me. All versions it runs on, and the series x has an outline that shows which box it is since you know the naming convention is ass. And it really lets the art shine.

in the end everything would be better than a fucking white parallelogram... that shit really looks ugly. honestly even just having the logos for both systems floating on the cover would be better xD

Last edited:

mejin

Right now everyone see "white" and think next gen. So, MS just needed a little of that too in their boxart.

mortal

Gold Member

E32jVuTXoAwmqKr

This Pelochoman dude on Era made the best looking ones.
I love how the banner looks like a Series X silhouette in the corner of the case. Reminds of Japanese PS1 cases.

ZQRh4St.jpg

q98erx49em851.jpg

Banned
This Pelochoman dude on Era made the best looking ones.
I love how the banner looks like a Series X silhouette in the corner of the case. Reminds of Japanese PS1 cases.

ZQRh4St.jpg

yeah they should have used something like that. also the black would be a nice contrast to the white of the PS5 covers. back on 360 it was the other way around, where PS3 was black and Xbox was white

Top Bottom