• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft is Looking to Make another Bethesda Size Acquisition

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
We're gona know who next Wednesday.
4vroc1.jpg

quest

Not Banned from OT
If it is true either WB is back for sale for a reasonable price or ip agreement or they are in a bidding war for take 2.

Wunray

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ As someone who isn't restricted to one platform I'm ok with this happening. Gamepads is the future.

Last edited:
Would be cool if they used their money to actually build and enhance their own studios so we get more games. Seems all they are is paying bilions of money to just keep PS owners from games.

As someone who has a PC, this is a waste to me since I’d be getting these games anyway.
so as in any exclusive ever?

State of 🇫🇷 wouldn’t allow Ubisoft buy just as State of 🇯🇵 wouldn’t allow foreign Sony buy.

It has to be US company or perhaps CDPR, that would make sense.

I honestly bet Microsoft has asked about buying EA and or Ubisoft.

I doubt they actually buy Ubisoft. Was just joking.
Yeah I know you were kidding mate and yeah maybe they have approached those two.
MS have those deep pockets but I also want them to invest in their own studios.
Can just imagine the Halo IP in the hands of Naughty Dog (without the woke shit).

Last edited:

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Appreciate the hustle but MS are you trying to kill the gaming industry? Not because of money hats, but because their money hats have led to piss poor games.

intbal

Embracer Group has one of the largest market caps of any company in gaming, IIRC they'd actually be more expensive than EA + Ubi + Take Two combined
If they truly want to be the "Netflix of Gaming", then that's what it's going to take. Just like Disney spent over $70 billion to acquire FOX.

I wish Sony would fight back on this shit, they are way to passive letting MS gobble up tons of the industry

they’re the leader ffs, act like one
I think Sony is doing well with what they have now. I'd rather them expand their existing studios. The only acquisition I'd be in favor of would be Kojima Productions as they have good relationship with PS.

Looking at some of you Pro-Sony people are funny. Just buy an Xbox. If Sony bought some developers guess what?! Many pro-xbox gamers would buy a PS5. Nothing wrong with a company fighting for your dollars. Enjoy gaming no matter what the platform.
Why, did I crack a joke?

Kidding.

Yeah I considered buying Xbox last xmas out of desperation for any next gen console. Got talked out of it twice as the only option available was Series X. Yeah, not going to pay that kinda money for 1080p gaming on a 4KTV.
But yeah you're probably right with your outlook on these companies fighting tooth and nail for our dollars. We win in the end as consumers. Just need Sony to step into the ring with its own GamePass.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
It’s kind of funny to me that after doubling the price of xblg backfired and the medium ended up being a dud that we’re back to acquisition hype rumor mill again all of a sudden. It’s like Microsoft wants its fans to be excited for who they may purchase next but not what they’re Actually doing for gaming. It’s a bizarre thing really.

pixelation

Man... fuck Microsoft. They're attempting a pay-to-win mode, they don't have the chops so they purchase it elsewhere (and proceed to turn whomever they buy into shit with their anti-Midas touch).

I will never EVER buy a MS console, not even if Sony were to go down. I'd just buy whatever console Nintendo has out ATM, and if Nintendo goes away too and only MS remains then I'll game off my infinity backlog... but MS ain't getting no money from me.

bxrz

These rumors have been going on for months but the source has yet to say a name or even make a hint for the company thats up for auction so what am I supposed to do with this information lol

Top Bottom