• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Rumor Microsoft is Looking to Make another Bethesda Size Acquisition

Somnium

Apr 1, 2016
art-of-vlad.com
Things take time the quick fix properly. The studios were not purchased until June 2018 many had games they had the release under contract. Sure they could of done a quick fix of a few paid exclusives instead and then in 2 years we would be back to square one with broken first party and the rest of the generation of little games. Microsoft is not buying another publisher for pr it is to eventually have a steady flow of content on gamepass. I would guess they would want on average a new first party game every 60-90 days by the end of the generation.
I would agree that these acquisitions are meant to further bolster the value of Gamepass.

As you already stated, many of these studios had several games in production prior to being acquired by Microsoft.
Launch was a bust, and year one is bone dry as far as Microsoft 1st party exclusives are concerned. With Halo Infinite being the only notable thing on the horizon;
even then that's a big maybe as it could just as easily be a Q1 2022 title.

The prospects of all of these Microsoft funded 1st party title is interesting, but the constant speculation gets tiring imo. At some point I would like to see some sort of actual gameplay.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019
www.instagram.com
I wasn't implying splintering off GTA, I was saying that their value is inflated because of it.

Also, didn't EA refuse to support xbox live at the beginning because of Microsofts sports franchises?

Someone probably already answered this but yes, EA did do that. They made their sports games online exclusive to PS2 because Microsoft pushed their own sports games on Xbox and XBL.

Gavon West

Jan 12, 2018
As much money MS has it's nothing compared to Apple. Just this quarter they banked 5 Bethesda's. MS start buying up studios then expect Apple, Amazon, Google and even Sony to buy big too.
Sony wont be buying up publishers, breh. No sir..

Reactions: CatLady

Jen_yakzua

Neo Member
Dec 7, 2019
Sony wont be buying up publishers, breh. No sir..
shocked big sean GIF

Azurro

Jun 11, 2018
Reactions: DavidGzz

DavidGzz

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2018
Last edited: