• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Microsoft Is Looking For Women And Minority Candidates To Eventually Replace CEO Satya Nadella

Mista K

Oct 5, 2010
U.S.
Good. I hope they hire someone unqualified that runs the company into the ground. If windows 10 was any indication, they’ve been trying for a while

SKM1

Mar 7, 2018
I like to see this as just a manifestation of the second law of thermodynamics.

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Ease down guys, this is simply CYA material. If you think they're going to hand the reigns over to somebody who doesn't have the experience, education, and umm, balls literally and/or figuratively to head a corp of that size you're crazier than you think they are.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Feb 19, 2018

Last edited:

StonedRider

Jan 9, 2015
Riga, Latvia
Would you fly a plane when its pilot got the job because of skin color or gender quota instead of his experience and qualifications?

It's ironic, because all this forced quotas imply women or people of color can not compete with white men and it sounds incredibly racist and mysogynistic.

Wimbledon

Dec 7, 2018
Satya Nadella is a minority though. The way article is written makes it seem like he's not part of the minority class. :pie_thinking:

I really do think people had made this diversity hire thing a bigger issue than it is. Even if there weren't quotas, I'm pretty sure minorities like myself still get jobs.

Like I really do think there is a lack of interest in those fields by PoC. They even list the stats for Microsoft!

"According to its 2019 diversity report, women constitute 29.2% of Microsoft’s workforce, Black employees 4.4%, Latinx 6.2%, and Asian 33.3%. "

I would love to see the stats on minority groups and our fields of interest. Where are we most represented? I don't believe in pandering cause anyone whose willing to do the work can enter those fields, and I'm sure 4.4% there have done the work, this kinda stuff comes across insulting.

Just Virtua signaling like were going to higher a black person to lead Microsoft (Which anytime I see PoC written its just a code word for black people). Just higher the best person for the job no matter what Gender or race if they can do a good job then at the end of the day no one cares.

Last edited:

Arkam

Jan 21, 2012
Here, Now and maybe later
I am confused. So the current CEO is a minority.... but they need the next one to be one too? Does the third? Fourth? At what point does the math not prove there is no problem (in minority discrimination). We all know the answer, just like all "social justice" there will NEVER be enough.

Here is how I have been explaining affirmative action to people recently:
Lets assume all Americans have pet dogs
Lets assume you all live in the same neighborhood (America)
Lets assume that not all Americans are equal in the socio economic sense
Pick a marginalized group (lets call them Group 1)
Since Group 1 is marginalized they no longer have to pick up their dogs' poop
The marginalized group is allowed to let their dog poop in YOUR yard and YOU have to pick it up.
You are not allowed to leave dog poop anywhere and will be penalized for not doing so.
Would this be justice?