• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft is courting the opinion of Resetera to ban people in real life.

JordanN

Banned
Got EviLore EviLore permission to post this.

So um yeah. Everyone knows about the "game" forum Resetera and their negative influences on the game industry.

Well now some major players are directly going to the website and are looking to cull some people in real life.

2zQUCna.png

In the past, the forum would screech and yell at Publishers to take notice of them, but now it appears they can go directly to industry heads to push their own agenda.

Edit: By a user's request, it doesn't stop there. The same forum is demanding even more action be done after grabbing Major Nelson's attention.

b9mMWMK.png

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Keep in mind, this is a multibillion dollar corporation yet a Director of Programming has time to organize a schedule that says "remove this person for disagreeing with another website".

If you ever had any complaints about your console or its related services, now you know where Microsoft's priorities are.

Last edited:

CAB_Life

Anyone who actually reads the BLM manifesto—seriously go to the site and scroll down—realizes it’s deconstructionist, Marxist rhetoric that doesn’t serve the needs of the black community at all (especially those affected by crime and poverty). Has this guy said things aside from distancing himself from BLM? Actual racist things?

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Got EviLore EviLore permission to post this.

So um yeah. Everyone knows about the "game" forum Resetera and their negative influences on the game industry.

Well now some major players are directly going to the website and are looking to cull some people in real life.

2zQUCna.png

In the past, the forum would screech and yell at Publishers to take notice of them, but now it appears they can go directly to industry heads to push their own agenda.
When are they going to retire that part about being a "gaming forum? " Here's a quick help guide for those new to ResetEra:

Jim Ryan would never frequent ResetEra. If you're on the fence, you know what to do lads.

Are you kidding me? Jim Ryan probably helped in the creation of Resetera. He probably forces each of his wife's boyfriends to log in there and post at least 50 truthbombs on the daily.

Phil Spencer is the one who's not having any of this. I'm expecting him to be doing a Yakuza-style heat action on Larry as we speak.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
When are they going to retire that part about being a "gaming forum? " Here's a quick help guide for those new to ResetEra:

They're still angry that Neogaf is relevant enough to have its own wiki page but Reset doesn't. :messenger_winking:

Last edited:

JimboJones

Doesn't sounds like MS can do much? He was a modder and by the sounds of it treated a bit shitty by MS already.
I guess they will just officially part ways and blacklist him but it doesn't sound like he was doing much buisness with them anyway.
I mean I don't really like the witch hunts either but for fuck sake if your Twitter or social media is linked in anyway to your profession try to keep it professional.

Not sure why everyone is having a go at Major Nelson or Microsoft for simply replying / forwarding the info to someone else who can look into it and determine if any action needs to be taken. If they find nothing then nothing will happen and if they find something the person has said could negatively affect the Xbox brand then why wouldn't they do something about it?

This just seems like another "cAnCeL XBoX!" thread. Seems like Neogaf and Era are two ends of the same stick, just trying to cancel each other out.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
The modder in question was banned from the Halo community prior to any involvement from Resetera though. While Major Nelson did reply, 343i actually took actions prior to this.

Major Nelson is very active in the Xbox One sub Reddit and will often reply to people in the same manner, I wouldn’t read too much into this to be quite honest.

resetera has no leverage into anyone, in fact I think what is currently happening right now in the gaming community is just going To make them even less relevant going forward.

McCheese

Guy is against BLM protests, so they up and cancel him based on old tweets, and then worked themselves up into such a fever, that some unhinged idiot escalated it to MS because he contributes to a non profit halo mod.

What miserable sacks of shit they all are, it's like a sport for them. Finding someone they are secretly jealous of then using an impossible purity test as an excuse to extract revenge.

Their own forum is full of some of the worst of us, self admitted paedophiles, protected members who's sexual harassment threads get locked, the moderators with deleted racist tweets. but they turn a blind eye because they are not easy targets.

Its gross.

Breakage

Never even knew Major Nelson had an account there.
Mega corps like Microsoft can do this sort of stuff because they know the vast majority of people will still buy their products and services.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa
What you do outside of their ecosystem should bear no consequences within it. They have Terms of Service, this doesn't fall under the veil of their ToS and they can't enforce their ToS for things which take place outside of their ecosystem, they have no recourse which would be legal to take.

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

Well, don’t say shit on Twitter.
Everyone knows the SJW mob will know.

Honestly they must have send twit and direct message to every society.
It’s storm in a glass of water.
No big deal.

Imagine living your life thinking that an anti-BLM post means that person should be removed from social existence.

of course cancel culture is not like killing people in Nazi Germany, right?

you just give them a hefty fine, get them out of jobs, shun on them, fuck them in social media enough until they're desperate enough that suicide is an option

but sjw Nazis kill no one

What you do outside of their ecosystem should bear no consequences within it. They have Terms of Service, this doesn't fall under the veil of their ToS and they can't enforce their ToS for things which take place outside of their ecosystem, they have no recourse which would be legal to take.
ALL employers do this, it isn't exclusive to the gaming industry and was the norm before the "SJW" era of things.

Top Bottom