• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Insider Hints a More Acquisitions: “A lot of Money is Flowing Around Gaming Companies Right Now” With Several Getting “Multiple Bids”

Not really played it yet, will do so and comment on it when I have done as I have it in my library.
So, I am not going to say it is shit, but even if it were a top class game it is one game in many years and not lighting the world on fire like DKC, BK, GoldenEye 007, the OG Perfect Dark, etc...
The difference is those other games have not gotten regular updates or are online. I'm going to see how Everwild turns out before judging Rare currently.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Have they actually acquired anyone substantial yet? I've heard dire prognostications for Microsoft and Sony on this forum when Amazon starts gobbling up studios however here we are... and nothing yet.

Watch tomorrow Amazon will acquire Ubisoft basically taking a dump on everything I just said. Not holding my breath though.

They are just starting up, and I'm sure they will gobble up some studios. Like Facebook acquired Ready at Dawn -- which I thought Sony would acquire, and now it's gone.

Microsoft may have saved all these studios that they just recently acquired or started a dangerous chain of events that would result in the doom of the gaming industry lol.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
They are just starting up, and I'm sure they will gobble up some studios. Like Facebook acquired Ready at Dawn -- which I thought Sony would acquire, and now it's gone.

Microsoft may have saved all these studios that they just recently acquired or started a dangerous chain of events that would result in the doom of the gaming industry lol.
Sounds like you are also predicting doom and gloom.

Gamerguy84

I don't mean this as a bad thing but I would love to see what some of the fans would do if they were CEO for a day and had an open checkbook lol. For the big three console makers.

Last edited:

Gatox

Banned
I don't mean this as a bad thing but I would love to see what some of the fans would do if they were CEO for a day and had an open checkbook lol. For the big three console makers.
Reserect Midway, reserect Neversoft, reserect Bizarre Creations.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Anyone - buy Sega and open the wallet wide and resurrect Virtua Fighter, Sega Rally and Shinobi - please, anyone. (except Nintendo because their hardware sucks)
You don't want Nintendo to buy Sega?

What do you have against Shinobi Party or Luigi's Rally Mansion at 720p?

quest

Not Banned from OT

Because Nintendo wouldn't invest the billions needed to really get sega up and going again. They would just hoard the IP in a vault to resell old games over and over. I am confident if Microsoft bought Sega they would invest the billions to rebuild their studios and expand them. Microsoft desperately wants this and would take advantage of the opportunity. But no chance in hell Sega sells to Microsoft or the Japanese government allows it. A Japanese company would get first dibs.

Perrott

Gold Member
If I were the CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment I'd bring back some fan favorite cancelled games!
  • Agent
  • Batman (Damian Wayne)
  • Darkside
  • Deep Down
  • Eight Days
  • Final Fantasy Versus XIII
  • Getaway
  • Ragtag
  • Silent Hill V
  • Silent Hills
  • Star Wars 1313
  • Whore of the Orient
... and I would make a killer press conference with all of them lol

futurama78

Banned
Isn’t like 5 AAA games a year as a publisher weird when you own a new publisher that does extra AAA games? Like are pubies mads?

Last edited:

Fredrik

😆

Honestly, I like BOTW and Super Mario Odyssey but otherwise I could have ignored Switch completely, it’s for real the console I’ve played on the least out of everything I’ve owned. WiiU was more exciting.

But I’m sure I’ll still pick up the Pokémon Diamond Pearl remake and pretend that gameplay matters enough to ignore the ”hires” PS2 visuals.

On the other hand, if I would ask my kids which console they like the most they would definitely say Switch, while looking at me like Henry Cavill saying PC.

Woopah

Isn’t like 5 AAA games a year as a publisher weird when you own a new publisher that does extra AAA games? Like are pubies mads?
Games are taking longer and longer to make, 5 AAA games in a year on average is quite a lot (of course this depends on what you count as a AAA game)

M16

I'm sure whatever studio they buy will still make PlayStation games because MS likes money.
they make more money if that person switches from playstation to xbox.
ROqrNvb.gif

Top Bottom