• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Insider Hints a More Acquisitions: “A lot of Money is Flowing Around Gaming Companies Right Now” With Several Getting “Multiple Bids”

fermcr

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Hey next Wednesday you will see some fruits of that, I am sure

tenor.gif

Buggy Loop

That next level purchase is so cute compared to the price of the other acquisitions. I don’t think we have a price but for sure it’s not much. Watch out! Nintendo is on a spending spree!!

200.gif

Verchod

So what companies out there are worth buying? And what kind of size are we looking at? Microsoft buying Bethesda has really shifted things somewhat

driqe

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony acquires Bluepoint.

Even Microsoft tbh seeing as they have been revisiting old IPs recently.

If The Medium and Returnal does well I could see MS getting Bloober and Sony getting Housemarque.

So what companies out there are worth buying? And what kind of size are we looking at? Microsoft buying Bethesda has really shifted things somewhat

Warner brothers

They have the all the lego games, batman arkham, Harry potter, mortal kombat, and middle earth games.

Just the lego games alone would give you a ton games.

Last edited:

Skifi28

But fromsoft !! Do it!

It would be the most ridiculous drama that really won’t matter but to a few hardcore PlayStation only gamers.
It would be glorious

Ah yes, cheering taking games away from people for a few laughs. When in 10 years there will be 2-3 companies holding all gaming IPs and charging whatever they want in subscription models, let's see who's going to laugh.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Is this the shopping cart wishlist thread? I hope MS buys Larian and Owlcat to create the absolute best CRPG lineup. It’s probably a cheap acquisition too!

It's gonna get wild.
Not only do you have both Sony and MS in buying mode, you also have the big publishers in T2, Activision, EA and Ubisoft looking to buy up more studios, and then on top of that no doubt Google, Amazon, Apple and even Facebook are going to buy into the industry in a big way.

VAL0R

Banned
This Wednesday at 00:01 Twitter Xbox Xbox posts a video. At first we can't make out the object in the distance, but it's moving toward us at an unnatural speed. Boom, it's Aaron Greenberg. Head to toe blue leotard, blue face, blue beard, red sneakers, white gloves. He's running absolutely furiously toward the camera. He's flying. It's ridiculous, he's tearing up chunks of asphalt. He now overtakes the frame, stops pumping his arms and slams them together in an X, never slowing down. He can't slow down. He's a speed junkie. Gotta go fast. The camera pans around to follow him from behind at breakneck speed. He's got his arms outstretched now collecting hundreds, no thousands, of golden rings: *bling,bling,bling,b,b,b,bbbbbbbbbbbbbbling*. He's zooming toward Game Pass Zone. The last shot zooms in on his face. A wild eyed stare of bewildered and delighted madness. He screams "SEGA!" just like in those insane 90s commercials. Cut to black.

Last edited:

Iced Arcade

A lot of companies are buying up other companies right now in general since the pandemic. Perfect time really

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
But fromsoft !! Do it!

It would be the most ridiculous drama that really won’t matter but to a few hardcore PlayStation only gamers.
It would be glorious
I hope FromSoft carry on autonomously. The last thing I’d want is a buyout which might risk Miyazaki going. Keep the From gravy train going as long as possible as we’ll miss them when there key people eventually leave.

wipeout364

Ubisoft would be a good acquisition for Microsoft. Would give them a lot of the third person adventure IP, a very solid studio infrastructure, Tom Clancy, Far Cry, etc. Also they could be acquired for a similar cost to Bethesda - valued at 3.7 billion with a market cap of 10.5 billion.

Top Bottom