• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft has dragged next-gen conversation into old games

Andodalf

Banned
Why do you compare a NEW cross gen game vs an old game released 1.5 years ago? If Microsoft released a new Gears of War that was cross gen even if it was more of an expansion, I would give them credit. The fact is they have no NEW games is what people are criticizing.

Gears is getting a new Campaign.

There is Also Gears Tactics, which comes out for Console on Launch day.

Gears is getting a new Campaign.

There is Also Gears Tactics, which comes out for Console on Launch day.

Ok I didn’t know about the new campaign. I guess thats better than nothing but it’s not a new game.

Gears Tactic is not a new game, it was released on PC over 6 months ago, but I guess it’s new on consoles. Isn’t flight simulator also “new”?

quest

Not Banned from OT
What is with the bellyaching over people being happy they don't lose their purchased digital games. New games will come but protection of digital purchases is big. Some people invested a lot of money into digital games.

SirTerry-T

This is what all the people who dismiss the relevance of BC for both machines sound like...

After spending hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, pounds....whatever.... on machines and games from these companies over the years, the very least those companies could do is still give you the chance to play them going forward. Especially if they want to keep those users within their ecosystem.

Andodalf

Banned
Ok I didn’t know about the new campaign. I guess thats better than nothing but it’s not a new game.

Gears Tactic is not a new game, it was released on PC over 6 months ago, but I guess it’s new on consoles. Isn’t flight simulator also “new”?

I mean It's new to consoles. In a way, it's much newer than Souls.

Flight simulator isn't a launch game, and neither is the new gears campaign btw, just tactics.

DonJorginho

Banned
No, you will enjoy only the ps5 because this is the one I will get down the line.🧐
Gotta have an Xbox Series X for those Xbox/PC exclusives 🔥

whenever they come out lol, I can enjoy backwards compatibility on Xbox One titles I missed in the meantimr

Last edited:

quickwhips

The best part of bc is more revenue for devs to help pay for future games. Can't sell it digitally if you can't play it.

Ppl comparing demon souls to demon souls remake are beyond fanboys.

I agree. I’m sure the same people didn’t have any complaints when RE2, Call of Duty: MW2, Gears of War or even God of War 3 were remade, yet they act like Demon’s Souls is an upscaled direct port of the PS3 game or something with minimal enhancements.

tryDEATH

The funny thing is that you try and shoot that claim down with data about legacy games.. Let that sink in.

I am pointing out the hypocrisy not only in regards to the original comment I quoted about deceit, but also Sony's claim and how it did a 180 about BC yet this thread is trying to blaming Xbox for old games, welcome to the party I guess better late then never.

SilentUser

They (MS) clearly knew they weren't going to have many titles ready for the launch, so they created that narrative. Nothing wrong having a great BC implemented, I like having the option to play older games without having to buy a remaster, but they basically did it because they were not ready in terms of new games. They tried to create this narrative to have a compelling selling point and have more time to finally bring their titles.

But I must say I'm surprised by how Sony somewhat undercut MS with a great BC too AND lots of titles incoming.

RaySoft

I am pointing out the hypocrisy not only in regards to the original comment I quoted about deceit, but also Sony's claim and how it did a 180 about BC yet this thread is trying to blaming Xbox for old games, welcome to the party I guess better late then never.
What Sony claim tho’?
Have they ever said BC titles would leverage the ssd speeds of the PS5?

Ten_Fold

If 343 didn’t fuck halo infinite up. I would easily say Microsoft has a better line up than Sony. Outside of demon souls. I don’t really care for anything else out. I think I’ll still get the ps5 over the Xbox though.

Mr Hyde

I love BC. I think there is not enough talk about it. Especially now that both Sony and MS are bringing improvements to the table, of which the likes we never seen before.

Yeah this is the main reason I'm not interested in the Xbox. I've had an xbox since the original, but MS first party has been frankly garbage since the kinnect. At least with the kind of games I like. The last Xbox exclusive worth a damned to me was Quantum Break. Nothing MS seems to be doing is really filling me with confidence.

Halo and Gears are so tired at this point. The directions they have gone lack any real excitement and seem to be made people who lack any real passionate vision. Instead they all seem safe and bland.

Their accusations pre the big one where very "meh" to me. Ninja Theory is quite frankly a bad developer and thier schtick is basically the low rent version of what Sony's first party has been doing.

The We Happy Few and Contrast developer? Yeah I'm good.

Undead Labs has basically not delivered on the potential of State of Decay.

Double Fine I feel has been making Psychonauts 2 forever and I probably won't care when it comes out.

As someone not really into WRPG the others I don't care about. Except Obsidian. Didn't like Outer Worlds, but I'm happy they seem to be in a safer place now.

Now with Bethesda....well I still don't care. Don't like Elder Scrolls or Fallout. Did'nt like Doom Eternal and Tango is kind of whatever.

But in general it seems that have pushed BC as thier bright spot, but I don't care. I don't buy consoles to play games I can already play and console BC in the end will always lose out to what a computer can do. I've never been so uninterested in an Xbox console as I am right now. Skipping Xbox feels like I won't miss anything.

Top Bottom