• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft has acquired 3̶ 5 more studios

What studios has Microsoft acquired?

• Asobo

Votes: 151 34.0%
  • Avalanche

Votes: 117 26.4%
  • Crytek

Votes: 267 60.1%
  • SEGA

Votes: 143 32.2%
  • Techland

Votes: 87 19.6%
  • Moon Studios

Votes: 79 17.8%
  • CD Projekt

Votes: 54 12.2%
  • IO Interactive

Votes: 121 27.3%
  • Kojima Productions

Votes: 104 23.4%
  • Focus Home Interactive

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • Playtonic

Votes: 58 13.1%
  • Bloober team

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • NetherRealm

Votes: 9 2.0%
  • Rocksteady

Votes: 15 3.4%
  • Warner Bros.

Votes: 13 2.9%

• Total voters

The Alien

Banned
Atm MS had around 139 billion in cash compared to Sony around 50 billion. It really isn’t that much compared to Sony if you think that MS is worth around a trillion dollar. Sony being a “blip” for MS cash reserve? Yeah right…Sony would worth more then MS cash reserve.

Yes we imagine things about MS for years now. Your whole post sound more nervous about Sony since they are silent, then that Sony is nervous. The louder people shout, the more nervous they come across.

A lessen for what? Everything MS did, they did it themselves. Blame MS for doing nothing for almost 2 generations (no big games).
Ok. You're right about the cash. MS acquiring Sony wouldn't be the same blip as say, Bethesda.

And in the fantasy land where this happens, it also likely wouldn't be a cash transaction.
But seeing as MS is valued at over $243B compared to Sony's $11.5B.....yeah, im still going with 'blip'.

Spidey Fan

Banned
Sony is a publicly traded company with share holders. What makes you think there isn't a price that shareholders would push for it to be sold for? Spoiler... there's always a price. It's just a matter of who is willing to pay it.
I hate for that to happen. I need both of them to stay competing. I just got in to gaming recently. I will gladly quit gaming is Microsoft bought Sony. and wont look back for gaming. just get another hobby. I am not gonna be a part of big corporate who controls all 3rd party games. even Nintendo wont stand against them.

Buying these studios, i have no issues with them. since there are alot talents out there in the industry. Asobo made flight simulator. Cdpr made the Witcher 3. People can fly made outrider, after being support studio. Moon studio made Ori series. Remedy made their first game, Control. my point is, as long as gaming exist, there will always be new talents. Look at konami and square. Konami being great to nothing. square is just milking final fantasy series at this point.

Topher

Gold Member
Sony is a publicly traded company with share holders. What makes you think there isn't a price that shareholders would push for it to be sold for? Spoiler... there's always a price. It's just a matter of who is willing to pay it.

Perhaps.....but that is not a "force of will". That's a matter of negotiation. Massive difference.

Last edited:
Top Bottom