• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Going To Fully Reveal The Xbox Series X In April

Mista

Banned
ERF_4bSW4AAmdmH

According to Tom Warren which is a famous Microsoft leaker confirms that Microsoft are going to unveil the Xbox Series X before E3

In other news as in the image above, Microsoft started sending invitations to the media for the Xbox Series X reveal which says April 6th

EQmbOUbXkAAjQVE

quest

Not Banned from OT
They always do a reveal before E3 to get certain junk out of the way. It is usually late may a few weeks before E3.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Not sure if real, but if it is...looks like Sony is going to get what they were hoping for. Microsoft to reveal price so they can adjust.

I believe they will follow up what they did 7 years ago, have a small conference to fully reveal the SX like they did with the X1. I guess their E3 will be packed with lots of games to show.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
ERF_4bSW4AAmdmH

According to Tom Warren which is a famous Microsoft leaker confirms that Microsoft are going to unveil the Xbox Series X before E3

In other news as in the image above, Microsoft started sending invitations to the media for the Xbox Series X reveal which says April 6th

EQmbOUbXkAAjQVE

Tom Warren doesn't have to confirm because Microsoft already confirmed that E3 will be all about the games, so they will do the hardware before that. Also that image is still fake, like last week.

Mikey Jr.

The text looks like it's in a different language. Kinda hard to read when that's the case. But maybe that's your point.

First 2 words.

"Loram Ipsum"

It is one of those fake paragraph generators. Like when you see a newspaper in a show and you try and read the little article text, and its just gibberish?

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla convallis gravida pulvinar. Donec consequat placerat augue, nec posuere tortor malesuada nec. Duis semper tempus dolor nec sollicitudin. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Mauris vel feugiat arcu, tristique sodales est. Donec vel orci nulla. Donec blandit lectus quis tortor interdum, non placerat metus cursus. Suspendisse potenti. Aliquam imperdiet placerat varius. Fusce lectus ipsum, sagittis eget rhoncus eget, rhoncus quis ante. Curabitur vehicula lobortis lectus ut sollicitudin. Nullam varius ipsum non ligula vestibulum ultrices. Fusce euismod semper dui quis semper. "

Jigsaah

Gold Member
First 2 words.

"Loram Ipsum"

It is one of those fake paragraph generators. Like when you see a newspaper in a show and you try and read the little article text, and its just gibberish?

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla convallis gravida pulvinar. Donec consequat placerat augue, nec posuere tortor malesuada nec. Duis semper tempus dolor nec sollicitudin. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Mauris vel feugiat arcu, tristique sodales est. Donec vel orci nulla. Donec blandit lectus quis tortor interdum, non placerat metus cursus. Suspendisse potenti. Aliquam imperdiet placerat varius. Fusce lectus ipsum, sagittis eget rhoncus eget, rhoncus quis ante. Curabitur vehicula lobortis lectus ut sollicitudin. Nullam varius ipsum non ligula vestibulum ultrices. Fusce euismod semper dui quis semper. "
Okie doke...so fake then...got it...til next time kids.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I don't think so. Many people and mostly casuals go for the cheaper console. Core gamer for the stronger console or whatever exclusives they prefer. People went crazy on PS4 even though it only had the shitty games Knack and Killzone, but it was 100 bucks cheaper.

It was not just the price, but the value proposition of the HW, the hype around it, the graphical prowess of the launch titles (Killzone was certainly a looker), and the titles that were looming on the horizon coupled with a PS3 generation that mounted a massive recovery and left a lot of goodwill in gamers minds. The price helped too, but it had a great multiplier effect due to the perceived gaming value it brought... no mandatory online and Kinect + extra HDMI in to bump the price up. Also, PS4 was almost 40% faster too.

TBiddy

Well of course, if the PS5 were total shite, but that is revealing wishful thinking IMHO.

Doesn't need to be total shit.

Hypothetically;

XSX is 12 TF and 499
PS5 is 9 TF and 399
XSS is 6 TF and 299

Or something like that. I think that would be a solid business model for Microsoft.

Sussoloc

It was not just the price, but the value proposition of the HW, the hype around it, the graphical prowess of the launch titles (Killzone was certainly a looker), and the titles that were looming on the horizon coupled with a PS3 generation that mounted a massive recovery and left a lot of goodwill in gamers minds. The price helped too, but it had a great multiplier effect due to the perceived gaming value it brought... no mandatory online and Kinect + extra HDMI in to bump the price up. Also, PS4 was almost 40% faster too.
You are confusing casuals and core gamers. Casuals (absolute majority of the gamers) don't even know about hardware differences, disaster presentations and so on and Ryse was a looker too. Actually Xbox One even had 4 launch exclusives and 360 also had very good exclusives, but price>>>>all. After the launch it's "what your friends have">>>all.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Is it still gonna look like this?

Ht9rTiV.jpg
I like the way it looks, it’s different then every other console that came before it. I don’t really give a shit about it’s appearance though, it’s the parts inside and the software that it will run that really interest me.

With that said, I think April is too early, I think they will get the specs and features talk out early in May so everyone can digest all that before the flood of game information comes out at E3.

If I was forced to pick a date today I would say May 13 but I don’t even know what day of the week that is.

Alx

First 2 words.

"Loram Ipsum"

"Lorem Ipsum" is mostly placeholder you use when you don't need a real text, or the real text isn't finalized yet. It's no proof of anything one way or another, the picture might just be a work in progress. (but one could say that someone creating a fake to deceive people would at least try to put a real text there).

They always do a reveal before E3 to get certain junk out of the way. It is usually late may a few weeks before E3.

Considering how bad it went in 2013, they may want to change that strategy. And even if it was a mid-gen update, I don't remember XboneX having a dedicated reveal before E3 (I may be wrong there, though).

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Doesn't need to be total shit.

Hypothetically;

XSX is 12 TF and 499
PS5 is 9 TF and 399
XSS is 6 TF and 299

Or something like that. I think that would be a solid business model for Microsoft.

Not sure, it banks on PS5 being at that kind of low end of the performance spectrum AND people not going for the middle ground of performance, price, games, and their PS4 catalogue and more carrying over potentially. It is risky as an also likely outcome there would be that both higher end and lower end may be rejected.

sinnergy

I would reveal everything, TF, RAM , SDD the whole... but not pricing !

I would play the waiting game with Sony until release day if necessary.
Only saying it will be affordable, look at our history. For the hardcore setting aside an extra 100, is not that big of a deal if it’s 499 instead of 399. I would buy.

the hardcore will preorder and buy regardless.

Changing the way , prices are announced and made.

Series X: change everything,

winning slogan right there.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I like the way it looks, it’s different then every other console that came before it. I don’t really give a shit about it’s appearance though, it’s the parts inside and the software that it will run that really interest me.

With that said, I think April is too early, I think they will get the specs and features talk out early in May so everyone can digest all that before the flood of game information comes out at E3.

If I was forced to pick a date today I would say May 13 but I don’t even know what day of the week that is.
May 13th is a Wednesday

TBiddy

Not sure, it banks on PS5 being at that kind of low end of the performance spectrum AND people not going for the middle ground of performance, price, games, and their PS4 catalogue and more carrying over potentially. It is risky as an also likely outcome there would be that both higher end and lower end may be rejected.

If you're of the opinion that people choose the console based on certain games and the PS4 catalogue, it won't matter what the XSX can do and how it is priced.

Besides, it's not likely that both high and low end would be rejected. All three consoles give equal bang for the buck in my example. Considering that, it's much more likely that people will either go cheap or all-in.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
You are confusing casuals and core gamers. Casuals (absolute majority of the gamers) don't even know about hardware differences, disaster presentations and so on and Ryse was a looker too. Actually Xbox One even had 4 launch exclusives and 360 also had very good exclusives, but price>>>>all. After the launch it's "what your friends have">>>all.

Casuals get influenced by the word of mouth and online discourse, most fanboys and paid shills know that and that is why their activity peaks at certain points in the consoles’ lifespan trying to help generate positive or negative buzz, and the momentum generated in the launch window is a big influencer for casuals too.

The aura around Xbox One was weaker HW, predatory online policy, tiered launch strategy causing them unnecessary ill will in territories they were not prioritising (not what a global company should do), last two Xbox 360 years focused on casual games and Kinect and suffering for some first party AAA game draughts (not the case with PS3), big push for TVTVTV and Kinect in all boxes, as well as a slower console (which hurt their core branding slogan around performance “No power greater than x”), etc...

If Sony, after a decent launch in that scenario you described, managed to do a slim model for $349 or less, not impossible a year in if they wanted to, a $50 difference would not help Lockhart much if at all.

Kagey K

Banned
I would reveal everything, TF, RAM , SDD the whole... but not pricing !

I would play the waiting game with Sony until release day if necessary.
Only saying it will be affordable, look at our history.

the hardcore will preorder and boy regardless.
They could both sell liquid turds in a box and the barcode are going to buy it, it’s not the 1st 10,000 it’s the rest afterwards.

I don’t think either one of them are going to talk pure numbers. It’s going to be 2X or 3X. Somebody is going to have to buy retail versions and break them down, and even then FUD will be spread.

Next gen is going to be messy as far as actual specs and actual returns on games are concerned.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
If you're of the opinion that people choose the console based on certain games and the PS4 catalogue, it won't matter what the XSX can do and how it is priced.

Besides, it's not likely that both high and low end would be rejected. All three consoles give equal bang for the buck in my example. Considering that, it's much more likely that people will either go cheap or all-in.

It most certainly does, launch window is just a small part of the battle. Last time it was fucking up the launch window that also helped setup the loss in the current generation war.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

We agree to disagree then ;).

GreatnessRD

I just wish both would hurry up and spill the beans. Watching fanboys from both sides have become tiring. But I am excited to see what Microsoft has to offer this coming Gen especially since they kind of showed you really don't need their console anymore.

Top Bottom