• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator - Xbox Series X|S Gameplay Trailer

rmmp

Neo Member
They are adding support for DX12, thats probably why the xbox version will run fine at 4k60. The PC version should see a performance boost too.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
You really don't need more than 30 FPS for sims like this. Considering performance on PC, if it runs at stable 30 FPS at native 4K, it's already a massive feat.

kyliethicc

Really surprised they managed to get the game to 4k/60 on XSX, the PC version is a monster to run. If it actually 4k, and they are not just saying 4k but its really upscaled or dynamic etc.
No clue as to what the frame rate is? It's GOT to be 30fps, no?
Got to be. If it was 60, they'd be promoting it.

I'm hoping for a 60 mode even if the visuals are gimped.

They haven't said anything about resolution, but based on PC, this is most likely:

X = 1440p/2160p @ 30 FPS

S = 1080p @ 30 FPS

XPR40LG.png
ukeR7Sh.png

1YWGPGe.png

Last edited:

Markio128

This is the one game that justifies me owning a Series X in the short term and I can‘t wait to give it a shot. Not sure how the gameplay will transfer to a controller though.

Riky

$MSFT
So the game detects you have VRR and unlocks the framerate? That's the first time I've heard that very interesting. I wonder what it can go up to.
Game is available to pre install now as well.

TheMan

This is the one game that justifies me owning a Series X in the short term and I can‘t wait to give it a shot. Not sure how the gameplay will transfer to a controller though.
Probably pretty well. The game is not really considered hardcore amongst those who care about those things. With a controller you'll be able to adjust pretty much everything you would need for a typical fly around from takeoff to landing.

Markio128

Probably pretty well. The game is not really considered hardcore amongst those who care about those things. With a controller you'll be able to adjust pretty much everything you would need for a typical fly around from takeoff to landing.
It should be okay. I’m only really interested in the light planes, for a bit of a scenic flight.

MachRc

The community mods are cool on PC prob wont be available on the console version
Watch a 1080gtx chug MSFS on PC.

Im excited for the SX version !!! Its def killer app material. Everyone needs to fly over their work and crash in the blurry representation of what is your home.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year

That is indeed extremely unlikely. Only add-ons included in the official marketplace will be available on the Xbox version. While some (the vast minority) are free, there's no way that Microsoft could dedicate enough resources to certify thousands of user-made addons. They're already struggling to certify the massive amount of paid ones that are submitted by actual developers.

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

Can’t wait to try it.
I am not into flight sims but since it has a noob mode for take off, I guess it will be ok.

first I’ll try to see my city of it’s there (middle sized French city).
Then the world with some music in the background, awesome!
😍

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Heads up to all the xboxers, this is NOT an arcade game. Expect annoying dweeby controls and mechanics.

Weird comment. Why anyone would think that a game named Simulator would be an arcade.
edit: well unless its GOAT Simulator lol

Last edited:
Any Series S footage? Why can't Xbox bring out 'captured on Series S' videos?

1080p, 4k. i don't give a shit. Just show Series S footage.

BTW looks fucking nice for console footage.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Reinstalling on the PC now and I just now realized that the same developer who made A Plague Tale also made this.

Mind Blown GIF
And the studio is 30min from my home, I was supposed to visit it last year but because of COVID it was canceled

window fuck this GIF

Last edited:
I wonder why people are shocked at 30 fps. I mean on most of the PC rigs the stable 4k30 is a dream lol
Though depends on the settings. Curious about DF comparison in the future.

Last edited:

Excess

Glad to see console is getting this. It really is a joy to play, and it's also quite calming. Sometimes on a Saturday morning, I'll get my coffee and take a random flight to go site-seeing.

Im excited for the SX version !!! Its def killer app material. Everyone needs to fly over their work and crash in the blurry representation of what is your home.

I'm eager to see what Digital Foundry is able to determine in terms of comparable graphics settings on a PC. I imagine Asobo optimized the fuck out of it. It's been almost a year that it's been on PC.

Dr Bass

Dark, my friend. Very dark. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Droxcy

Can’t wait for the influx of people on the servers. Just ordered a flight stick setup to go with my logitech flight setup getting ready for some jets!

This game in 4K, my God.

One major gripe. Developers need to understand that plane surfaces don't look like they came out of the factory yesterday. There should be scratches on the windows, on the edges of panels, slightly misaligned joints. All these things will make the game look even more realistic. I'm hoping there will be a reshade mod to blue the image a bit as sometimes everything is too sharp.

Other than that its crazy how beautiful the environments are and happy to be experiencing this via GamePass on PC.

Top Bottom