• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator - Xbox Series X | S Announce Trailer

Doesn’t change the fact there's fuck all new to play on them.

I want one to see what Forza 4 is like on it, i stopped playing it as soon as they announced the patch.

Forza 4 already looks and runs amazing on the X1X. You could have just grabbed one from the Microsoft store, they restocked them! But they sold out in about 3 seconds.

tHeY wAsTeD ThEiR TiMe

MilkyJoe

Forza 4 already looks and runs amazing on the X1X. You could have just grabbed one from the Microsoft store, they restocked them! But they sold out in about 3 seconds.

tHeY wAsTeD ThEiR TiMe

OK, they wasted everyone else's time, 🙄 this is up there with 3DS launch for fuck all point.

i'm sure it'll run fine but i can't imagine how they're gonna make this playable with only a controller. there is just so much stuff that is better with a mouse/kb. for example, flicking switches, setting altitude, adjusting screens. using a controller to set throttle is way too senstive. you need fine controll over a lot of stuff.
You should check out how they actually control an A320

Dr.Morris79

Or maybe not
Ah, it'll be fine.

vMZyrwE.gif

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

“When we started working on the Xbox version in earnest quite a few months ago now, we literally went through every model,” Jorg explains. “We looked at every buffer and it was shocking how much memory we found. That video we made, the announcement for Xbox, that was all captured from an Xbox. We are making great progress, but there’s still lots to do. I think people will be surprised; it will be virtually indistinguishable from the PC version.”

Although there will be differences between the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S versions, the team is confident that the console version will not sacrifice image quality or detail in order to tailor the experience for a different platform. In fact, being a hardcore flight sim for console -- is something to celebrate.

“[Looking great] is a requirement because we’re also newcomers,” Jorg admits. “Simming is a newcomer to console because it has never really been there. So, there’s a high expectation for how it looks and performs. But we also know that players will be new so we need to pay close attention to their needs. We’re starting to test it internally and at some point, we're going to test externally because we want to get it right. To make sure the people that are coming in feel welcome. And ideally, stay and become a simmer down the road.”

More importantly, arriving on Xbox is simply another step in or leg in the Microsoft Flight Simulator Journey. Recently the PC release got support for VR, something the team will refine and support for a long time to come. And even with all of that on the plate, Jorg Neuman is also -- aptly -- thinking about the cloud. Forever looking into new technology, VR, next-gen console hardware, streaming over servers. Butterflies.

“I'm happy how we launched on PC, and it's great to see how it's been received,” he concludes. “Our focus right now is on Xbox, but I'm curious about what Project xCloud will allow us to do. It’s another device in the family and I think one that can reach people in different places and different situations, and I'm fascinated by that. Like, I really want to do that -- it's such an interesting product.”

Top Bottom