• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator - Xbox Series X | S Announce Trailer

Ktsdaddy

Biggest FUBAR in the Microsoft Xbox Series X launch was not the delay of Halo, it was not having this game ready. Its the most impressive game they could showcase.

I take pics with my phone of my monitor and send them to friends, they think I am in a plane flying over Vegas or other locations. Its that good.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Happy to have a release window. Was hoping for it sooner, but summer isn't too bad.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i'm sure it'll run fine but i can't imagine how they're gonna make this playable with only a controller. there is just so much stuff that is better with a mouse/kb. for example, flicking switches, setting altitude, adjusting screens. using a controller to set throttle is way too senstive. you need fine controll over a lot of stuff.

Last edited:

Yams

i'm sure it'll run fine but i can't imagine how they're gonna make this playable with only a controller. there is just so much stuff that is better with a mouse/kb. for example, flicking switches, setting altitude, adjusting screens. using a controller to set throttle is way too senstive. you need fine controll over a lot of stuff.

I'm sure there will be full mouse and keyboard support. You're right though, things like setting up the autopilot would be a nightmare with just a controller.

SUMMER 2021

rh1n8.jpg

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
I thought this was already out on the xsx

Wonder if I would enjoy this, I’ve never played a flight sim game

it looks pretty

Last edited by a moderator:

aries_71

Summer 21... well, let’s see if I can secure a XsX by that time. I’m starting to doubt it.

Also, not available on X1, even if a limited mode. What a sad generation it was.

MS Flight Simulator is an absolute monster in terms of system requirements, so it makes sense they ditched the XBO version. I'm sure they made an effort to port it, but it was likely too much. The CPU usage in particular is way too much for those old CPUs.

I really want to see how the Series S handles Flight Simulator, the time is right to show that the little console ain't no pushover.
The only concern I have is the machine's cramped RAM. The GPU, CPU, and SSD are all pretty capable, but the RAM could be an issue, although obviously the SSD really helps. Some of these really resource heavy games are tricky on the S and I really hope the decision to go for 10GB of RAM doesn't bite them down the road.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
MS Flight Simulator is an absolute monster in terms of system requirements, so it makes sense they ditched the XBO version. I'm sure they made an effort to port it, but it was likely too much. The CPU usage in particular is way too much for those old CPUs.

No matter how much they might try to downscale it, I don't see anyway it could possibly run on a base XOne. People with good PCs struggled with it. I think the Series X will struggle too and it won't be 4K 60 even on the Series X.

I can't wait to see it on the Series X/S even though I probably won't play it unless they really dumb it down for dumb blondes, but I will be loving the console OT when everyone starts posting all their awesome screen shots. I loved checking out the PC OT for all the beautiful photos and I marveled at the amazing tech like flying onto a actual hurricane in real time. FS2020 will be the first TRUE next gen game on consoles.

Dlacy13g

I get the comment about flicking of switches. But on the flip side...show me a real plane that is controlled by a mouse/kb? A game pad is perfectly fine for replicating the flight stick and peddle controls. I suspect they may introduce some kind of wheel menu system. Possibly automate some things as well.

Dr.Morris79

Was there any real point of getting these new consoles out this year?

Like any? Most games run like shit, most games are not even out, most games are 'wait till next years patch'

What was the fucking point?

Zathalus

I see they quietly cancelled the last gen version for this game. Good.
Yeah, no way was the Xbox One with it's 1.75Ghz tablet CPU and 5GB total available RAM running this game at anywhere near good quality. The Xbox Series X should be able to run it at 1440p Ultra 30FPS or 4k High 30FPS. Series S would likely be 1080p High/Medium.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
" Players will get to experience the same level of depth and complexity that fans of the sim have come to enjoy and love on PC. "

So it will have m+kb support and dev mode to turn on. Cool.

Senua

Yea those jaguar cores would stutter worse than John Melendez

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Is the game patched to use DX12 already? Would be bad if the game releases on XSX using DX12 while still DX11 on pc.

Last edited:

CamHostage

No matter how much they might try to downscale it, I don't see anyway it could possibly run on a base XOne. People with good PCs struggled with it. I think the Series X will struggle too and it won't be 4K 60 even on the Series X.

Given that talks of Flight Sim on Xbox originally circulated back when Microsoft was saying every 1st Party game would be on both platforms for the first year or so, they had me worried that they would try. (That was also back when Sony was talking, "We believe in generations"... luckily, both companies seem to have found a common rational approach that they'll cross-gen where it makes sense and only where it makes sense.) Looks like this will be a proper showcase for Series X/S, looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

MilkyJoe

Was there any real point of getting these new consoles out this year?

Like any? Most games run like shit, most games are not even out, most games are 'wait till next years patch'

What was the fucking point?

Agreed, fucking pointless. I can't get an X anywhere, i doubt until next year, but it doesn't matter there's fuck all to play, PS is the same, both wasted their time.

Agreed, fucking pointless. I can't get an X anywhere, i doubt until next year, but it doesn't matter there's fuck all to play, PS is the same, both wasted their time.

"Both wasted their time"

"I can't get an X anywhere"

What if I told you the reason you couldn't get an X or PS5 anywhere is because they're selling out the instant more consoles are released.

MilkyJoe

"Both wasted their time"

"I can't get an X anywhere"

What if I told you the reason you couldn't get an X or PS5 anywhere is because they're selling out the instant more consoles are released.

Doesn’t change the fact there's fuck all new to play on them.

I want one to see what Forza 4 is like on it, i stopped playing it as soon as they announced the patch.

Top Bottom