• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator - San Francisco to Las Vegas Full Flight Gameplay

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

I am not entirely sure, why MS did not show this game during the showcase, but it's Microsoft we are talking about.

I am glad that they diversity department did not force to "rewrite history" and landing of A320 is full experience. For those who don't know, it goes like this:
"200.....100....50...30...20..RETARD RETARD"

Looking good so far.

Also another video:

Last edited:

Stuart360

Wow that preview video, it looks incredible. This is def a game you could lose yourself in, and if you are into this kind of thing, it will probably still be something you come back to years from now.
I did notice some low rez textures when he flew really low, but it was texture pop in as some of the textures were still high rez. I guess thats where your internet speed comes into play.

M1chl

Wow that preview video, it looks incredible. This is def a game you could lose yourself in, and if you are into this kind of thing, it will probably still be something you come back to years from now.
I did notice some low rez textures when he flew really low, but it was texture pop in as some of the textures were still high rez. I guess thats where your internet speed comes into play.
This looks even better, also nice music:

Well it's obviously played on PC, which could mean, that is something with SATA3 SSD or worse, you never know. So it might be HW or Internet. Or maybe some problems with parsing textures from Bing Maps, authoring textures on such sort of scale must be insane.

Stuart360

This looks even better, also nice music:

Well it's obviously played on PC, which could mean, that is something with SATA3 SSD or worse, you never know. So it might be HW or Internet. Or maybe some problems with parsing textures from Bing Maps, authoring textures on such sort of scale must be insane.

I hope they release some kind of 'making of' doc for this game, i'd love to know what went in to basically recreating the entire planet to explore lol.
I think Mt Everest will be first port of call, once the game releases.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
It really makes me want to put a few chairs in front of my desk, put a crying baby in one, a guy who snores loudly in the other and me in the middle eating several miniature bags of peanuts while begging for a drink from a stewardess I can’t get the attention of.

of course, that’s after I’ve packed some bags and told my wife on the couch behind me that I’m off on a business trip and that I’ll miss her terribly but will call every day.

The graphics in this and quality are one of the main reasons I want to eventually get an XSX since I can’t afford to upgrade my PC to what I would consider proper spec. Amazing!

M1chl

I don't think it would be insane to say, that this is first truly next-gen game
I would say it is, pretty much nothing comes close to the scale and visuals, wonder if they made it to the steam eventually, because basically a lot of the community is build around mods, especially how to hack your scrap parts into ghetto cockpit.

M1chl

Looks great, but nothing truly next-gen I'd say.

Everything's made to look good from a long distance, and the terrain, even if it has incredible draw distance, is pretty uniform in term of textures.
And the shadows inside the cabin are very low quality.

Get's de job done tho.
If you say so, I think it looks really impressive, not the mention the whole technology behind it and so on. But to each of their own : )

nikolino840

I would say it is, pretty much nothing comes close to the scale and visuals, wonder if they made it to the steam eventually, because basically a lot of the community is build around mods, especially how to hack your scrap parts into ghetto cockpit.
There's already the pre order on steam

Wonko_C

The framerate of the full flight video worries me. Despite being nearly 15 years old, when maxed out Flight Simulator X's framerate can easily drop below 60 and even tank a powerful computer, this is due to it not being made for multi-core CPUs, so I was hoping FS2020 would finally alleviate that.

Schmick

Looks great, but nothing truly next-gen I'd say.

Everything's made to look good from a long distance, and the terrain, even if it has incredible draw distance, is pretty uniform in term of textures.
And the shadows inside the cabin are very low quality.

Get's de job done tho.
I take it you haven't seen the Developers Discovery series. There you'll see the technological feat Asobo have achieved to replicate the whole earth on 1:1 scale, how they have developed a weather system that is realistic, how AI traffic is based on real world traffic, how every single player plays in one world, the list goes on.

MS FS2020 is truly next gen.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
A few questions:

1. Was this a real time flight? I think yes?
2. If it was, how did it change from full daylight to pitch black night in just an hour?
3. Is that radio chatter actually in the game? How does that work with different airports and flights etc? Seems like it would require pretty advanced AI.
4. OVER SPEED - OVER SPEED - OVER SPEED - OVER SPEED - OVER SPEED - OVER SPEED
5. That landing lol.

Last edited:
3 of my interests coming together.

Flight Simulator
My Reverb Preorder
The need to upgrade my system this fall.

Microsoft Flight Simulator will feature VR support but it will launch first on the HP Reverb G2.

It was confirmed overnight that Microsoft Flight Simulator would support VR, but it will not come to headsets other than the HP Reverb G2 until a later date.

Microsoft’s head of Flight Simulator Jorg Neumann told Eurogamer it will come to other VR headsets, all the common ones, but there is still “work to be done for some of the others…it’s just going to take a few more months after that.”
Source:

Does this sound like bullshit excuse for exclusivity? Yes it does.

Last edited:

xPikYx

This looks so incredibly. Probably the 1st game that really feels next gen.
That's why they didn't show it at the xbox event, because it was too good first, it could obliterate the terrible Halo and also it could run against their policy of cross gen games for two year cuz it's obvious this game cannot run on xbox one

TriSuit666

Banned

I am not entirely sure, why MS did not show this game during the showcase, but it's Microsoft we are talking about.

I am glad that they diversity department did not force to "rewrite history" and landing of A320 is full experience. For those who don't know, it goes like this:
"200.....100....50...30...20..RETARD RETARD"

Every in-flight Autopilot uses 'Retard' as the last command denoting the engines going into reverse on landing.

Oh my god, that fucking landing - that would get a pilot sacked in real life and probably up in charges.

Last edited:

M1chl

A few questions:

2. If it was, how did it change from full daylight to pitch black night in just an hour?
3. Is that radio chatter actually in the game? How does that work with different airports and flights etc? Seems like it would require pretty advanced AI.
5. That landing lol.
I think you can speed up time.
About chatter I don't know, but maybe it's from Live Atc, I can see having something like a flightradar24 intergration, but I dunno.
Coffin corner is a real thing
IGN sucks

I predict, that some idiot is going to fly 10ft off the ground and then claim the textures look crap, the building models look crap and that we have all been lied to.
woop woop, terrain terrain, woop woop, pull up

Last edited:

Schmick

A few questions:

5. That landing lol.
Flight Simulators in the past have the facility to speed up time. i guess the FS2020 will have too.

That sounded like in game ATC (AI). There is however VATSIM support for a more realistic experience but that is for the hardcore simmer.

Rossco EZ

i can see myself spending many hours in this game. what will be the first thing i do even though i can fly anywhere? fly over my house of course :messenger_tears_of_joy:

M1chl

Flight Simulators in the past have the facility to speed up time. i guess the FS2020 will have too.

That sounded like in game ATC (AI). There is however VATSIM support for a more realistic experience but that is for the hardcore simmer.

It does have live ATC.

We framerate is not great, but that's due to resolution:

GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor Memory:
16 GB RAM
Current resolution: 4096 x 2160, 60Hz
Operating system: Windows 10

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Yeah they missed the boat completey.

What they thought "gamers" wanted to see:

- Gameplay of a game

What they should have shown:

- The prettiest possible graphics, who cares if it involves literally just sitting inside of a virtual plane looking out a window most of the time?

Tschumi

I dunno, maybe it's late at night but I'm kinda disappointed... I didn't watch the whole thing obviously, but the ground-level world looks hella bland, and the weird juddering shadows playing around the cockpit window frames and such look ass... i expected photo realism to match that gorgeous storm graphics... kinda disappointed.

EDIT: also is it just me? They seem to have a gentle rock to and fro built into it all? that doesn't register on the level gauge? weeeird

Last edited by a moderator:

Rikkori

PC gaming is just incredible & MSFS 2020 shows how this is the platform for the most ambitious and stunning games. Hats off to Asobo! :messenger_clapping::messenger_fire::messenger_ok:

ZywyPL

Banned
IMO they should use the tech/engine and as a next game create something like Ace Combat/Hawx type of game, with large scale battles, going on global missions on aircraft carriers etc.

Schmick

It does have live ATC.

We framerate is not great, but that's due to resolution:

GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor Memory:
16 GB RAM
Current resolution: 4096 x 2160, 60Hz
Operating system: Windows 10

All i'm seeing is AI ATC

MrA

Banned
A few questions:

5. That landing lol.
1. sf to las vegas is about an hour and 10 minutes so yes,
2. the sun was pretty low in the sky at take off, plus they're flying east, so flying into the night so it didn't seem unreasonable

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man, my late uncle would lose his shit if he saw this. He was super into flight simulator PC games in the early 90s and I remember paging through those fat manuals and trying to figure out the controls at his house when I was a kid.

Top Bottom