• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator - Review Thread

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
game pass, best deal in gaming.

would be hilarious if MS waited for the Series X to bring this to consoles. The highest rated launch game on Xbox. I can see the back pedaling already.... lol
I think that's the plan, no?

Will be interesting to see what sort of install base this game requires for serious post-launch support (in the form of more detailed locales based on user traffic statistics). That globe is a great asset - regardless of the sim on top of it.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Loving this game. Been playing it non-stop for the last two days. Lots to learn, much to see, and a sense of awe I haven't felt since the first time I played WoW.

Just superb stuff all around.

I can't wait to see what it'll look like on a 3090. 👍

3090, and just imagine this game on VR... damn.

Dr.Morris79

Finally got it working. Stuck my old Xbox one pad on and took a flight over my town from an airfield close by..

What a game, what a sim! Cant believe how god damn good it looks and plays. Now I've got to upgrade my own PC and try not to nick the lads..

Gonna be tough.

SPECS: i7-7700k
Zotac RTX 2080Ti AMP 3 fan
16gb 2400mhz ram 250gb ssd (OS), 1TB samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200rpm hdd

this thing is struggling at max 4K
mayber 32gb ram would help?

I am trying to find a video running at max with better specs before I purchase my PC for this I need to know which specs don't struggle at max settings

Last edited:

SPECS: i7-7700k
Zotac RTX 2080Ti AMP 3 fan
16gb 2400mhz ram 250gb ssd (OS), 1TB samsung 970 EVO+ M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200rpm hdd

this thing is struggling at max 4K
mayber 32gb ram would help?

I am trying to find a video running at max with better specs before I purchase my PC for this I need to know which specs don't struggle at max settings

32GB of RAM is recommended as "ideal" spec. The game will struggle no matter what. The hardware that can run this game at max settings 60FPS does not exist yet.

I locked it at 30FPS and won't even try to play with the settings. I wait for 3000 series release.

*My specs are: 2080Ti, i7 8700K, 32 GB 3200mhz RAM + NVME 2.0 SSD

Stuart360

32GB of RAM is recommended as "ideal" spec. The game will struggle no matter what. The hardware that can run this game at max settings 60FPS does not exist yet.

I locked it at 30FPS and won't even try to play with the settings. I wait for 3000 series release.

*My specs are: 2080Ti, i7 8700K, 32 GB 3200mhz RAM + NVME 2.0 SSD
Did you try 1080p or 1440p?. Only asking because DrDisrespect played it earlier, and it sure looked 60fps, or close to it for him, and he has a 2080ti.

Did you try 1080p or 1440p?. Only asking because DrDisrespect played it earlier, and it sure looked 60fps, or close to it for him, and he has a 2080ti.
I refuse to play in anything less than 4k. It looks like shit on a big screen panel. 60FPS will be possible soon, I can wait.

Shmunter

I refuse to play in anything less than 4k. It looks like shit on a big screen panel. 60FPS will be possible soon, I can wait.
Curious. Being a slow paced game, maybe lock to 30 and put on the TV interpolation. The latency hit may not be a big deal not being a pew pew shooter fps.

Curious. Being a slow paced game, maybe lock to 30 and put on the TV interpolation. The latency hit may not be a big deal not being a pew pew shooter fps.
I would say this game is one of the the rare examples where 30FPS is serviceable for me. Usually I can't stand it but here it's okay... for the most part.

Anyone else playing on a tiny monitor?
The displays in the cockpit are so small!
:messenger_loudly_crying:
I feel that pain

I am not playing yet but I've been thinking of getting the biggest ultra wide I can find or a 4K OLED so the plan right now is to get this game the best experience I can so yeah I could download it and play it on bootcamp and suffer a tiny screen or wait for a good rig.

Deto

Banned
What the hell are you babbling on about?, keep that shit out of the review thread.

it seems that the deluded ones who do not want to accept the truth. But keep it up, the longer this behavior follows, the more irrelevant the xbox becomes.

tip: if the company doesn't care about selling, it doesn't care about who buys it.

I am Very frustrated thinking How much better this game would look if it had been developed with the SSD is mind. Amazing lighting and colors, photorralisc at times from above, but close to the ground it Just not look so good.

pasterpl

I am Very frustrated thinking How much better this game would look if it had been developed with the SSD is mind. Amazing lighting and colors, photorralisc at times from above, but close to the ground it Just not look so good.

don’t think it is ssd issue or lack of it, it is more to do with ai rendering these objects based on satellite images, sure with ssd you will get less pop-in and batter textures faster, but the issue you are describing is mostly due to other limitations

I am getting around 20-30 FPS at 4K and it looks amazing most of the time

Stuart360

If you havent tried it yet, try doing the manual cache in the Data tab in the options. It basically loads in the highest ground detail level at all times.
I have good internet, and running on a SSD, but some areas (like Newark in New York for example) wouldnt load in right no matter how long i circled the area. Doing the manual caching transformed that.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Wow, how is the game this buggy? I literally can't finish the first training mission. When I input the keys for the objectives, the game doesn't move on to the next objective.

Top Bottom