• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator opens sign-ups for VR closed beta

pasterpl

Developer Asobo has now opened sign-ups for its forthcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator VR closed beta, which is expected to begin toward the end of this month or early November, and will initially be open to those with a Windows Mixed Reality headset.

you can signup here; https://www.flightsimulator.com/vr-closed-beta-information/

McCheese

Didn't they kill off WMR? Seems dumb to not just start with OpenVR drivers for this.

Folks with the money to run this game at 90fps won't have 299 budget headsets.

Last edited:

McCheese

isn’t the htc Vive pro a WMR headset?

No, the Vive Pro is SteamVR. WMR has been dropped, I think HP are the only folks who still produce any headsets for it, so most folks with one are just using OpenVR SDK stuff from steam on it these days.

Which is why gate keeping this beta to WMR drivers is just weird.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Signed up yesterday and sent my DXDiag. I also found out that my Reverb G2 pre-order is shipping sometime November.. So it's not (also no 3080 yet..) anywhere in the DXDiag, so don't know how that will go.

Oh and heads up, had to use Internet Explorer as the signup didn't work in the Chromium based Edge (don't know about Chrome).

isn’t the htc Vive pro a WMR headset?

Not according to this list:

Last edited:
Top Bottom