• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator is the #1 game that will drive your house guests goo goo "the graphics are like real life"

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Casuals know
Gen Z casuals be like,
LegitimateSpotlessBee-size_restricted.gif

phil_t98

#SonyToo
It's probably the best looking game on Series X and on a strong PC capable of RT it's up there with a full-fat RDR2 or Cyberpunk 2077 experience visually.

But just sticking to consoles, it's definitely one of the best looking games currently out. I would personally put HFW and R&C Rift Apart above it, given IMO it's harder to make more fantasy or stylized sci-fi stuff look at the fidelity those games pull off (I mean there are parts were Rift Apart looks like a straight-up Pixar movie), but Flight Sim is probably still within the Top 5, definitely Top 10 for best looking games on console.

those two games look great I agree but making something look like real life is much harder. all have their positive points

those two games look great I agree but making something look like real life is much harder. all have their positive points

Dunno, I think it depends on how you look at it, but really it's a moot point WRT the topic. They all look great; if it's about Flight Sim in particular then yeah it's a great-looking game. It would be cool if it had a 60 FPS option though, at least on PC, or even a 40 FPS option.

Or was there an update for it on PC enabling 60 at some point?

Was going to get this, but then I read that the install inflates to almost a terabyte of hard drive space.
I have 4tb, but only 200gb free. No way am I a buying a seperate drive for one game.
Is this true that it takes up that much space, or can I get away with its listed install size of 125gb (already insanely high).

BTW that looks fucking awesome ^^^^

This game melted my eyeballs when I first fired it up on my RTX 3080. And that was in 1440p resolution. Haven't yet tried it on my 4K tv but going to resub to GamePass for this.

Was going to get this, but then I read that the install inflates to almost a terabyte of hard drive space.
I have 4tb, but only 200gb free. No way am I a buying a seperate drive for one game.
Is this true that it takes up that much space, or can I get away with its listed install size of 125gb (already insanely high).

That can't be true. I had this installed once on my 1TB SSD and I had no issues.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Took me a while to get around to it, but I've finally got around to breaking Flight Simulator and criticising all the minor quibbles this otherwise impressive world-simulator contains.
0:00 - The graphics
2:29 - Going into space
3:09 - Trees!
3:40 - Cars
4:04 - Trains
4:19 - Different regions
4:58 - Churches?
6:06 - Cities
7:26 - Unexplored regions
7:42 - Free-fly tutorial

Ozriel

M$FT
London looks nothing like that for me. St Paul's is a handcrafted model for example.

As the YouTube comments point out, looks like he did the video with just the base, launch game. Without installing any of the World Updates or photogrammetry updates.
After reading the comments, he updated the title to read ‘base game’.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
There are optional maps besides ~100gb content but I don't think it will pass 150-200gb if you download some of them.

This "game" is so overrated btw. It could be the most boring "game" I've ever played. It's not even fun to crash. Good solution if you want your guests to leave.

There are optional maps besides ~100gb content but I don't think it will pass 150-200gb if you download some of them.

This "game" is so overrated btw. It could be the most boring "game" I've ever played. It's not even fun to crash. Good solution if you want your guests to leave.
I can't understand people like you saying "my refrigerator is trash because I cannot make Coffee with it"

The thing about simulators is that you are interested in all parts of flying. Before you start a flight you get throu the whole Checklist. You had to learn a bit about things like the Garmin 1000 for example.

No one ever had to call this a game or a "game".

It's a simulation. For you it's a graphic demonstration tool.
It is highly underrated BTW. There is no other Flight Sim with so much content so well integrated.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I can't understand people like you saying "my refrigerator is trash because I cannot make Coffee with it"

The thing about simulators is that you are interested in all parts of flying. Before you start a flight you get throu the whole Checklist. You had to learn a bit about things like the Garmin 1000 for example.

No one ever had to call this a game or a "game".

It's a simulation. For you it's a graphic demonstration tool.
It is highly underrated BTW. There is no other Flight Sim with so much content so well integrated.

I like simulation games, especially car racing. Maybe flying is boring in real life too? I like Vtol Vr, that shows I can actually have fun with flight simulators. But I couldn't feel the speed in this game, I didn't feel any excitement during the take off or landing. Maybe if I try it with Vr my thoughts can change. I mean, I understand the people playing and enjoying it, but I don't think it's a game that will entertain casual guests and appeal to a wide audience(I think it's overrated in that sense).

Top Bottom