• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary Edition - Coming November 11

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Available November 11, 2022 the Microsoft Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary Edition will feature helicopters and gliders, the most requested enhancements from our community. This edition will also introduce another long-requested feature: a true-to-life airliner, the sophisticated Airbus A-310.

We are also celebrating the storied past of the franchise and the beauty of aviation with six historically significant aircraft. These aircraft include the 1903 Wright Flyer, the Curtiss JN-4 Jenny from 1915, the beautiful Grumman G-21 A Goose, and the famous Hughes H-4 Hercules, also known as the Spruce Goose.

In total, the 40th Anniversary Edition update will include 12 new aircraft, 12 heliports, 12 glider airports, 6 classic commercial airports, and 20 historic franchise missions, and will be free and included with Xbox Game Pass upon release.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Microsoft Flight Simulator has inspired and captivated aviation enthusiasts around the globe for 40 years. Celebrate the award-winning franchise with the 40th Anniversary Edition, loaded with all-new features, aircraft and content enhancements that span the history of aviation.

The Microsoft Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary Edition is a free update for existing players, and is available for Xbox Series X|S and PC with Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass, Windows, and Steam, and on Xbox One and supported devices via Xbox Cloud Gaming.

AndrewRyan

Looking forward to trying out the gliders. Looks like they added some type of thermal visualization which would be very cool.

xion4360

good update but unfortunately the game is now locked to 30fps when playing at 120hz on Series X, where before it would be an unlocked framerate.

Topher

Gold Member
Damn....it has been that long? First MS Flight Simulator I played looked like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Fredrik

Damn....it has been that long? First MS Flight Simulator I played looked like this:

maxresdefault.jpg
Hi fellow oldie yeah it’s been a wild ride following this genre. Project Stealth Fighter was my first, for the C64, still have the box with dual(!) cassette tapes and keyboard overlay and all. Looked like crap and ran even worse lol

And now I can play MS Flight Sim on PC through Oculus Quest 2 and it’s like I’m there, I still don’t have a flight stick but I’m so close to doing that jump. I just wish I could shoot down some enemies, MS needs to get Asobo to do a combat flight sim!

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Hi fellow oldie yeah it’s been a wild ride following this genre. Project Stealth Fighter was my first, for the C64, still have the box with dual(!) cassette tapes and keyboard overlay and all. Looked like crap and ran even worse lol

And now I can play MS Flight Sim on PC through Oculus Quest 2 and it’s like I’m there, I still don’t have a flight stick but I’m so close to doing that jump. I just wish I could shoot down some enemies, MS needs to get Asobo to do a combat flight sim!
I started out with F117A on the Amiga. Now like you I am playing in VR with amazing graphics but also with a HOTAS. It's insane how far we have come.

Buggy Loop

I highly recommend an HOTAS, it’s so immersive.

And while I would like to see an MS combat sim, check out DCS & il2.

zombrex

Glitchy how, can't say I have had a single problem and I'm playing in VR with a knock-off Chinese HOTAS.
I had nothing but problems with the gamepass version on PC, constant crahses. data corrupting etc having to redowbload DLC after crashes. Just gave up. Definetly not a hardware issue as my rig is mroe than adequate. Seems to be a lot fo poeple with the same issues from google searches but I'm glad you didnt have any problems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom