• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 | We Don't Need Roads

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
1XWlXlc.png

Someone needs to recreate planeintosunset.meme already!

Try dropping to 1080p.

Still no go....
Around 10-20 fps and some times I just crash because there’s no refresh .

It may be because is downloading game map? I will turn that option off and check.

My download speed is around 70 Mb/s But is not helping at all.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Still no go....

It may be because is downloading game map? I will turn that option off and check.

1060 is getting long in the tooth at 1440p but if 1080p isn't making a difference then something else is going on IMO.

How do I enter the pattern to land? I hit the icon at roughly the right altitude but I went past it and it didn't disappear and now it's behind me? Not sure why it didn't trigger?

Any ideas anyone?

And...... More bugs. The auto atc went crazy keep saying the same thing over and over and the map wouldn't update either.

Oh well. I landed anyway. Not sure if it counted though.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Still no go....

You're CPU limited.

What model of i5 do you have exactly?

AphexTwunt

Good news for those on the windows insider dev channel:

Preview Build 20197

We fixed an issue resulting in Microsoft Flight Simulator failing to launch on the previous two flights with an error citing: “The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect”.

TriSuit666

Banned
People on Dev Channel versions of Windows - update to the latest version, it fixes the bollocky error about file names being wrong, and the game launches now.

TriSuit666

Banned
Good news for those on the windows insider dev channel:

Preview Build 20197

We fixed an issue resulting in Microsoft Flight Simulator failing to launch on the previous two flights with an error citing: “The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect”.

Can confirm this has been fixed.

Stuart360

Fucking Nvidia and their 'game ready' drivers. Had zero problems with the game and the old drivers, but thought i'll try the new drivers as i have nothing to lose right?. Well now i'm getting worse performence, multi second long freezes, and whole areas not loading in, even if i circle the area for 5 mins.
Fuck sake lol.

Bravoexo

Turn on developer mode and display fps after that...it'll tell you if you are GPU or CPU limited in one of the lines on the fps display

Doh!🤦🏾‍♂️
Lol some folks were thinking it's a glitch or would get patched. Likey there for mods no?
Exactly. But even if you're not a dev you can have some fun with it. Developer camera for example is pretty much a Superman mode that allows you to move at ridiculous speeds. You can even go to lower orbit and see the Earth's curvature. It's silly fun.

Wonko_C

So with Game Pass I said: "Eh, why not? The worst that could happen is it doesn't run at all and I just wasted a night downloading."

But it actually runs and if I cap the framerate to 20fps my CPU doesn't choke as much, letting me put it on medium with clouds on high:

Settings used:

Specs are on the OSD in both videos. Yes that is a 12 year old quad core CPU with 8GB of DDR3.

Turn on developer mode and display fps after that...it'll tell you if you are GPU or CPU limited in one of the lines on the fps display

thanks!

My gpu is safe at 1080p

My CPU is NOT. It says limited by mainthread, and 100 to 400 ms. That explain the low fps, the frezze are from Rdrthread, jump to 1400 ms.

Man, i'm salty. After having flown over many cities around the world none looked as bad as rio de janeiro does. I think the satellite images are so blurry the AI had nothing to work with. There's a church near where i live and in game it's just a blurry flat texture.

Yeah, yeah, i know what you're gonna say:

"Fuck your shithole of a city and fuck you godamn monkey. No one cares"

But i'm still mad.

_Justinian_

Gold Member
Man, i'm salty. After having flown over many cities around the world none looked as bad as rio de janeiro does. I think the satellite images are so blurry the AI had nothing to work with. There's a church near where i live and in game it's just a blurry flat texture.

Yeah, yeah, i know what you're gonna say:

"Fuck your shithole of a city and fuck you godamn monkey. No one cares"

But i'm still mad.
No? I was going to say I was sorry to hear that. feelsbadman

GHG

Gold Member
hey thank you for checking,

i turn off the data transfer but fps didnt change that much.

i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00 Ghz, 4 Cores

it may be cpu :(

Yeh 4 cores won't cut it unfortunately unless you can get them to 4ghz and above (I don't think you can overclock?).

Had similar issues with the beta with my i5 3570k even at 4.6ghz, this game along with a few other things was actually a big motivator for me to upgrade. It was bad enough for me to completely shelf it until I'd upgraded which has pretty much coincided with the full release.

For a smooth experience ideally you want a CPU with at least 8+ threads available (so 4 cores and 8 threads, or even better, 6 cores and 12 threads) and going from 16gb to 32gb of ram really helps eliminate any memory related issues you might run into in certain scenarios.

What motherboard do you have? If you can find a cheap used i7 7700k and pop that in along with an extra 16gb of ram you should see a significant uptick in performance.

Yeh 4 cores won't cut it unfortunately unless you can get them to 4ghz and above (I don't think you can overclock?).

Had similar issues with the beta with my i5 3570k even at 4.6ghz, this game along with a few other things was actually a big motivator for me to upgrade. It was bad enough for me to completely shelf it until I'd upgraded which has pretty much coincided with the full release.

For a smooth experience ideally you want a CPU with at least 8+ threads available (so 4 cores and 8 threads, or even better, 6 cores and 12 threads) and going from 16gb to 32gb of ram really helps eliminate any memory related issues you might run into in certain scenarios.

What motherboard do you have? If you can find a cheap used i7 7700k and pop that in along with an extra 16gb of ram you should see a significant uptick in performance.

prime h270 -m plus

but no money for upgrades, already got 32gb and new ssd .

Ok I do really need some help now GAF.

I can never hit my pattern entry pin! It just doesn't clear and I don't know why. I've looked at the pattern charts and understand that but I don't get why it's not clearing and what direction I'm supposed to be going? Runway 26r so 260 degrees? I've flown that through the pin at the right altitude and it didn't work. What am I doing wrong? Someone please help me.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

I can never hit my pattern entry pin! It just doesn't clear and I don't know why. I've looked at the pattern charts and understand that but I don't get why it's not clearing and what direction I'm supposed to be going? Runway 26r so 260 degrees? I've flown that through the pin at the right altitude and it didn't work. What am I doing wrong? Someone please help me.

Turn off off the flux capacitor you noob.

TitanNut88

Guys, I really need to play this game. My current rig can’t handle it properly so I will be building a new one after Ampere is available but, what CPU would be better for it: 3900X/3900XT or 10900K?

Seriously, no help yet?

This game isn't relaxing at all, it's stressful. Nothing works and nothing explained.

Trying the last training mission. Flying to the gold club but it doesn't clear the objective. I think I'm at the right direction and have been going for more than long enough.

What's going on? Don't know. Game doesn't tell me and no one in the 'community' will help.

Man, f this pos buggy mess.

mekes

A customer of mine has a game room dedicated solely to this game with over £15k worth of plane controls. I had no idea you could get that stuff, it completely blindsided me when I found out what it was. Tens off boxes with hundreds of buttons, gear levers, wheels. I had never seen anything like it before.

lefty1117

Gold Member

I never concern myself with that. I've entered the pattern at different points. As long as you're lined up as you're on final, once you hear "500 ft" or somethign like that it should progress. Do you have the approach gates aid enabled? That will show you in the air where the pattern "tunnel" is.

I never concern myself with that. I've entered the pattern at different points. As long as you're lined up as you're on final, once you hear "500 ft" or somethign like that it should progress. Do you have the approach gates aid enabled? That will show you in the air where the pattern "tunnel" is.
Erm no maybe not the approach gates aid, just the marker pin that says pattern entry. Is that different?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Guys, I really need to play this game. My current rig can’t handle it properly so I will be building a new one after Ampere is available but, what CPU would be better for it: 3900X/3900XT or 10900K?

Are you asking within a budget or no budget concerns? Are you upgrading or building a new machine?

Top Bottom