• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Exec Bill Stillwell: “We have a better console; we’re not worried about power”

93xfan

Banned
This generation had a lot of good 3rd party games I agree and the games that I love on PS4
Uncharted 4
TLOU (missed it on PS3)
Spider-man
The Order 1886
Ratchet and Clank
Detroit
Until Dawn
Days Gone
Judgment
Concrete Genie
Death Stranding
God of War
Bloodborne
HZD

You forgot Gravity Rush HD. 😊 Anyway, Ratchet and Clank was amazing, as was Uncharted 4. But if it comes down to it and I truly go one console next gen (plus my Switch), I’ve got to go with Halo for all the amazing MP experiences.

I know I’ll miss out on some amazing single player experiences, but I really enjoy playing older games and games like Lost Odyssey, SSX3, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Beyond Good and Evil HD and don’t wish to give them up. Bringing all my games forward really instills a sense of confidence in the Xbox ecosystem.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
You forgot Gravity Rush HD. 😊 Anyway, Ratchet and Clank was amazing, as was Uncharted 4. But if it comes down to it and I truly go one console next gen (plus my Switch), I’ve got to go with Halo for all the amazing MP experiences.

I know I’ll miss out on some amazing single player experiences, but I really enjoy playing older games and games like Lost Odyssey, SSX3, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Beyond Good and Evil HD and don’t wish to give them up. Bringing all my games forward really instills a sense of confidence in the Xbox ecosystem.
Halo 5 was one of the games that pushed me to PlayStation lol I loved the MP but the SP was horrendous

I don't really play backwards compatibility games. The only ones I played were Alan Wake, Dead Space 2 and some in Rare Replay but I could never choose BC games over new games

I never played Gravity Rush 1 I need to get around to that, I have the sequel

Last edited:
Um.... Yeah!

Not gonna post list wars. That seems super silly when you're in a thread about not worrying about being the most powerful. That may be just me tho...
The reason I dislike the war-like-mentality that can happen in politics or in console activism (which helps the astroturfers already there) is that not being misleading or disingenuous is second to appearing right and a distant third to winning an argument or the fight at hand... that is a step above those who just want to take the piss to upset the “other lot”.
That's precisely what'll happen.
DELETED COMMENT

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
You tried, better luck next time!

I must've really hurt your feelings so bad you felt the need to reply to post from over 16 hours ago not even for you lol. Its ok bud move along, you've already embarrassed yourself enough.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
I must've really hurt your feelings so bad you felt the need to reply to post from over 16 hours ago not even for you lol. Its ok bud move along, you've already embarrassed yourself enough.

Well you already did that 16 hours ago to yourself....bud. Besides, you made that argument because they where hurting your feelings, so you had to react on it. They are right, Xbox fans where shitting all over this game and the studio. Now, they are acting like it’s on of the biggest studios around...

Last edited by a moderator:

SleepDoctor

Banned
Well you already did that 16 hours ago to yourself....bud. Besides, you made that argument because they where hurting your feelings, so you had to react on it. They are right, xbots where shitting all over this game and the studio. Now, they are acting like it’s on of the biggest studios around...

Lol only in your little imagination bud. Too bad i played it day one on my Ps4. "Xbot" lmao thats such a stupid insult. You guys are the ones still in the spec thread crying over the failed "13.3 tf" machine you didn't get.

Keep reaching tho 🤣

Whilst powerful, it’s clear that ms have played it very safe from the console design to the controller. Congrats to them on making it powerful, but we need the games, to make use of it.

93xfan

Banned
Halo 5 was one of the games that pushed me to PlayStation lol I loved the MP but the SP was horrendous

I don't really play backwards compatibility games. The only ones I played were Alan Wake, Dead Space 2 and some in Rare Replay but I could never choose BC games over new games

I never played Gravity Rush 1 I need to get around to that, I have the sequel
The first Gravity Rush was awesome! Highly recommended.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
He’s right. Ps5 has inferior hardware and despite whatever the fanboys say to spin the narrative the fact is the XSX is the most powerful console.
Not a fanboy and I'm skeptical of "secret sauce" specializations; but PS5 does seem to have a few of them that on paper sound awesome.

And what they showed at their event with the assumption it's all real-time PS5 rendered was pretty amazing. Certainly above and beyond what I've seen from a 10TF GPU on PC.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

LOOK AT OUR POWERFUL CONSOLE.

Cool... what games has it got?

IT IS SO POWERFUL.

Yes, yes... what new games are there that show this power?

MEGA POWERFUL. MOST POWERFUL.

Ok... but, again... what games are on -

SUPER POWERFUL.

I get that! But what gam -

IT HAS GAMEPASS.

Right. But you haven’t told me what new games show this pow -

HERE IS CRAIG.

Shit. Best buy a PlayStation, I guess....

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads

IT IS SO POWERFUL.

SUPER POWERFUL.

IT HAS GAMEPASS.

HERE IS CRAIG.

Trigger much broski??

They def have the power but they need to make sure Ms studios show up- they cant rely on gamepass, they have to make atleast 3 new triple A games to compete- hellblade is the start but must bring new fresh titles.

Not a fanboy and I'm skeptical of "secret sauce" specializations; but PS5 does seem to have a few of them that on paper sound awesome.

And what they showed at their event with the assumption it's all real-time PS5 rendered was pretty amazing. Certainly above and beyond what I've seen from a 10TF GPU on PC.

FWIW I think FS2020 looked better than any of Sony's showcase games and if that game comes to Series X at some equivalent of the Ultra settings or only slightly below, that would more than justify its power IMHO.

Sony did do right by having gameplay for multiple 1st-party and running on PS5 (devkits), though. I'm still a bit surprised MS did not have any content, even Halo Infinite, on Series X devkits (and apparently the PC they said it was running on is a mid-tier dev tool testing system, so still not a Series X devkit).

Whatever next showcase MS does, they need to have those games running on Series X devkits. I can only imagine that wasn't the case at the July event because of rumors surrounding Gamecore not being ready quite yet, which feel like they may've been true.

Who cares if Lockhart exists

Lockhart is nowhere near a technical anchor as XBO is; it's literally just a Series X for lower resolution output.

I've no personal interest in it myself other than curiosity, but the idea Lockhart/Series S will hamper Series X is pretty much unfounded. XBO is another matter, though, so hopefully it's only a small selection of 1st-party going cross-gen for just the first year and then it's adios to XBO cross-gen support.

Last edited:
They don't have the better games, that's what drives most to a new console. ps4 exclusives will own xbox. I will buy both but I always end up buying more ps4 than xbox games. Also i have a pc and their games look better on my computer anyway.

Mmnow

IT IS SO POWERFUL.

SUPER POWERFUL.

IT HAS GAMEPASS.

HERE IS CRAIG.

Here's a great list of Xbox games coming before the end of the year. Plenty to look forward to, and lots of variety.

Hopefully this helps answer the question you... Asked yourself repeatedly? Should've asked Google instead.

Mister Wolf

IT IS SO POWERFUL.

SUPER POWERFUL.

IT HAS GAMEPASS.

HERE IS CRAIG.

FunkMiller

Here's a great list of Xbox games coming before the end of the year. Plenty to look forward to, and lots of variety.

Hopefully this helps answer the question you... Asked yourself repeatedly? Should've asked Google instead.

There has not been a single piece of gameplay (confirmed running on the console) that shows the power of Series X. Not one. So, maybe it’s best for Microsoft executives to stop bragging about all that power, until they have something to prove it with.

I‘m not saying it isn’t that powerful... I’m just taking the piss out of all the unwarranted dick waving 😂

Last edited:

Tschumi

It's not the size that counts, it's how you use it!

images

You need to worry about games. Halo showcase caused me to hold off on a day one purchase for Series X. Nothing hooked me to buy that console. Things will probably change in the coming years and I hope they do. I do like the hardware that the Series X is, just give me a reason to own it.

Exactly, give me a reason to buy your system, game pass does nothing for me, multiplayer games are repetitive and get boring after a while. Give me interesting stories and characters in visually stunning worlds. Give me xbox exclusives and let devs create their visions. Xbox acts too much like a babysitter to all the devs they work with.

Last edited:

Mmnow

There has not been a single piece of gameplay that shows the power of Series X. Not one. So, maybe it’s best for Microsoft executives to stop bragging about all that power, until they have something to prove it with.

Okay... But you wanted to know if there were any games coming to Series X. Turns out there are more than 30 this year, and there'll be more announced.

Wait... are you telling me you don't really care about games on Xbox, and have just come in here to troll?

I'm shocked!

FunkMiller

Okay... But you wanted to know if there were any games coming to Series X. Turns out there are more than 30 this year, and there'll be more announced.

Wait... are you telling me you don't really care about games on Xbox, and have just come in here to troll?

I'm shocked!

But you’ve seen absolutely no evidence of those games running on Series X, so it’s ridiculous for people at Microsoft to be bragging at this stage, wouldn’t you agree?

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
They don't have the better games, that's what drives most to a new console. ps4 exclusives will own xbox. I will buy both but I always end up buying more ps4 than xbox games. Also i have a pc and their games look better on my computer anyway.
"Don't have the better games" is subjective. Sony's games don't appeal to me at all. Their all the same and, for the most part look the same. Xbox games are much more diverse, better online and better, tighter gameplay hands down. That's just my take. You can agree to disagree of course..

Mister Wolf

a little but scorn has only shown corridors making doom somehow open and is not even running on XSX hardware for now
it's a possibility at best, not a confirmation.

The Series X is confirmed to run Gears 5 at RTX 2080 level performance. Both Scorn and Gears 5 are Unreal Engine 4 games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom