• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft displayed and auctioned off a Pride-themed 'Xbox Series S' exclusively in Australia at their experience center.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...6446482&m_entstream_source=timeline&__tn__=-R

https://always-on.com.au/a-custom-pride-xbox-series-s-console-has-landed-in-sydney/
Xbox-Series-S-Pride.jpg

XSS-PRIDEEE-770x433.jpg

The controller isn't new, the custom console however is. Apparently there was a pride thing going on in Australia and they displayed this and auctioned it off at the Microsoft Experience Center in Sydney, and Microsoft kind of let this go under the radar.

I'm assuming the are going to eventually bring this back June this year to be sold in mass production like they've done with other stuff. It has the same idea as the controller, a color representing a flag representing one of the several genders that are claimed to be out there.

While I find the new console design to be quite a bit more consistent than the controller, it still looks very messy and not the best design. I also noticed that the controller and console clash despite using the same flags quite a bit and the console looks like it's using darer colors but it's not, they just choose to make different colors prominent, all the flags are the same on the controller and the console.

Xbox Series S hasn't had the best custom consoles lately, actually the hit rate is pretty low since launch. I do think one of the primary reasons is that giant vent grating which makes it hard to have an event and consistent design, but in this case I would say it's them going for quantity with the numerous flags with clashing colors.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
That's so ugly.
I know some gay people and they have better taste that puking rainbow lol

Looks cool. I wouldn't even know it was a pride console if someone showed it to me if not for the little bit of trans colors.

The controller is more obvious pride, and I like it less because it isn't as solid of a design.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
They fucked up rainbow stripes … I mean was that on purpose??

Last edited:
They fucked up rainbow stripes … I mean was that on purpose??

Its not supposed to be a rainbow, it's supposed to be a separate flag color representing each of the 34 genders.

Here is Microsoft to break it down for you on the controller, but the console is the same. They say it was a multi-year effort.

https://unlocked.microsoft.com/pride-gaming/

The controller and the console are Microsoft putting 34 flags on the controller and the console, including,

Genderfluid
MSFT_Pride_Flag_B3_Genderfluid.svg

Gender Queer
MSFT_Pride_Flag_B3_GenderQueer.svg

Demisexual
MSFT_Pride_Flag_B3_Demisexual.svg

Intersex
MSFT_Pride_Flag_B3_Intersex.svg

Pangender
MSFT_Pride_Flag_B3_Pangender.svg

Trigender
MSFT_Pride_Flag_B3_Trigender.svg

Abrosexual
MSFT_Pride_Flag_B3_Abrosexual.svg

GenderFlux
MSFT_Pride_Flag_B3_Genderflux.svg

Agender
MSFT_Pride_Flag_B3_Agender.svg

Greysexual
MSFT_Pride_Flag_B3_Graysexual.svg

Maverique
MSFT_Pride_Flag_B3_Maverique.svg

Polysexual
MSFT_Pride_Flag_B3_Polysexual.svg

Gay
MSFT_Pride_Flag_B3_Gay.svg

Lesbian
MSFT_Pride_Flag_B3_Lesbian.svg

And 20 other flags that they included.

No I don't know what most of them mean you'll have to look them up lol.

Top Bottom