• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft confirms the departure of longtime Halo franchise director Frank O'Connor

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
How? I am about hiring the right person for the role regardless of who they are. We have heard numerous reports of 343i going out and hiring people that did not like Halo before 343i worked on it. It showed in some of the end product we got.

But how do you know she hired them to have "balanced representation"?

Corndog

Banned
I don't think people care about the genitals or sexual preferences of who makes their games as long as the quality is there. That being said, I think Bonnie totally staffed her company to focus more on balanced representation vs hiring people who truly loved Halo and were the best they could possibly hire for the role. In hindsight of what is happening now, I feel she had alternative motives in how she ran 343i instead of focusing on her damn job and making sure the legacy passed on from Bungie stayed intact. She was asleep at the wheel on a lot of stuff , didn't understand, or just flat out did not care.

I wish Corrine the best, though, and hope for the best as we all need it.
Maybe they need to move the studio to another state.

Good News, Now that Bonnie Ross, Kiki Wolfkill and Frank o Conner are gone, I cant wait to see the Future of Halo. I was on of the people that defended Halo with Halo 4 Art Style and Single Player, Defended Halo 5 Multiplayer and Defended Infinite Open world. With there there Lack of Content and Issues with MCC at launch, 5 and Infinite, I was just done with there BS.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Good News, Now that Bonnie Ross, Kiki Wolfkill and Frank o Conner are gone, I cant wait to see the Future of Halo. I was on of the people that defended Halo with Halo 4 Art Style and Single Player, Defended Halo 5 Multiplayer and Defended Infinite Open world. With there there Lack of Content and Issues with MCC at launch, 5 and Infinite, I was just done with there BS.

I doubt anything will change.

Seems to me that its a franchise that's basically a victim of its own importance. As in its always been such a big deal for Xbox and MS that the way its been handled has been weighed down by corporate strategy and product planning. So even though a bunch of people at the top of 343 may have gone, the people they had to answer to most likely haven't.

Good start, now cut the rest of the dead weight free and get to making good Halo games, or better yet let Halo die and make something new. Make something for the people that are willing to line up all night to buy your games at midnight.

Puscifer

Gold Member
I'm still trying to figure out how a dude from Xbox Magazine received this much power over a billion dollar franchise.

EDIT: Also realizing I'm not saying he didn't work for it, but I have to saying reading him in Xbox Magazine the seeing him assume control in a few years was WILD

Last edited:
I doubt anything will change.

Seems to me that its a franchise that's basically a victim of its own importance. As in its always been such a big deal for Xbox and MS that the way its been handled has been weighed down by corporate strategy and product planning. So even though a bunch of people at the top of 343 may have gone, the people they had to answer to most likely haven't.
Bonnie, Kiki and Frank Controlled Halo. Thats the one Thing MS gave there devs, Control of what and how they make their games. This will show a difference in Halo, its just again, going to take years to see it.

Top Bottom