• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Brasil downsizes Xbox News show, fires presenter and staff

Nope.

I posted because I know portuguese so I was asked to post the thread.
I did not even give my opinion.

Now what the people here on GAF jump on conclusions is not of my concern.

The truth is... the story is real... and the harassment happened and the girl was fired to avoid to resolve issue (like it happens here in Brasil)... I find important to post to show more exposure and change how the Brasilian culture is today because that I think it is worth to talk.

It is really a big issue in Brasil.
Was she fired because she was being harrassed or let go because MS was consolodating their media like they said?

The skepticism of your intentions is a reflection of your continued actions on this forum, not a unreasonable conclusion. It's not a big jump to make. Don't like it.. change your behavior.

Stuart360

I did not even read the MS reply to be fair before the guy asked... they did not deny the accusations too.

Now what is fun is the people on this thread in denial just because it was me posting what happened :D :D :D
That is hilarious.

Imagine you having a true news and people not believing it because the poster lol
Maybe that should tell you something. :messenger_winking:

ethomaz

Banned
Was she fired because she was being harrassed or let go because MS was consolodating their media like they said?

The skepticism of your intentions is a reflection of your continued actions on this forum, not a unreasonable conclusion. It's not a big jump to make. Don't like it.. change your behavior.
I don't need too... and I don't care at all.

The story continue being true.

Maybe that should tell you something. :messenger_winking:
Yeap... it tells me that people won't believe the a news due some hate or bias against the messenger but that is not of my concern.

Last edited:

Aion002

That's a shame. I hope that Xbox approach to Brazil changes this next gen, they supported some really hateful communities in the 360/One gens.

The story is true because MS hasn't denied it?

What a load of crap. A lot of groups/corporations/people don't respond to every rumor/drama about them. The fact is they had already announced it was due to downsizing. End of story. Now it is definitely a salacious take to take them firing a rep and attribute it to her getting harassed online (because yeah, a trillion dollar company would totally do that /s). But you peddle it as fact and the "truth" for console warring purposes and then lean on the fact its from your native language is pretty cheap, even for you ethomaz.

The fact you continue to misconstrue any pushback on this as "hate" or "bias" against the news when its truly a nothingburder or drama inciting "story" only further proves the point that you posted this story from a bad place imo. Take the L, move along.

Skyfox

Don't know why any brand uses Twitter. It's just scandal after scandal.

Just post your announcements on your website and YouTube or TV.

It's not worth the harm it causes.

ethomaz

Banned
The story is true because MS hasn't denied it?

What a load of crap. A lot of groups/corporations/people don't respond to every rumor/drama about them. The fact is they had already announced it was due to downsizing. End of story. Now it is definitely a salacious take to take them firing a rep and attribute it to her getting harassed online (because yeah, a trillion dollar company would totally do that /s). But you peddle it as fact and the "truth" for console warring purposes and then lean on the fact its from your native language is pretty cheap, even for you ethomaz.

The fact you continue to misconstrue any pushback on this as "hate" or "bias" against the news when its truly a nothingburder or drama inciting "story" only further proves the point that you posted this story from a bad place imo. Take the L, move along.
You can read yourself:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Show some respect for ethomaz ethomaz , man just returned from a ban.

giphy.gif

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Thanks OP microsof is a horrible company and i will cancel all my consoles.

I hope she gets hired by nintendo and be happy forever!

zeorhymer

Stuff that doesn't make sense. Presenter is being harassed so a corporation decides to shut down and fire the entire division. It sounds like 2 different issues that morphed into one?

ZZZZ

There is nothing being lost in translation except how the Brasil culture is.
Here these things happens and the people accept and move on... it is not the first time that happened with a woman here and neither the last.
They tell their story/reason of the demise but they don't talk bad about the company because if you do you won't get any other job in any other company at all... you will be black listed.

Similar situation for another girl related to games less than a year ago:

What that has to do with anything about Xbox pre-orders?
LOL, i live in Brazil and i have no clue about Xbox Mil Grau or Isadora Basile, i'm not part of any Brazilian communities, but even i know about who Gabi Catuzzo is, some of my friends brought it to my attention what was happening back in the day.
She's the streamer that called men, misogynists, sexists, and SOB, and all kinds of other stuff, it was no surprise to me that Razer decided to stop sponsoring someone that insults a big part of their audience.
Gabi was defended to the last breath by left-wing militants, so i'm not surprised you are defending her here.

I forgot to post videos about Gabi Catuzzo in my last post, unfortunately there's no English videos about it, so for those that understand Portuguese or want to try the machine translator here it is:

until 6:10.

Forgot to mention when other streamers / youtubers decided to call her out on the insults, the left-wing militants went on a smear campaign against them, sending death threats, rape threats ( to women that spoke out against Gabi ) and some other vile stuff.

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Somehow this thread illustrates to me just how different Era and Gaf are. I'm just so fucking wore out over all the outrage mobs.

Last edited:

Barnabot

I forgot to post videos about Gabi Catuzzo in my last post, unfortunately there's no English videos about it, so for those that understand Portuguese or want to try the machine translator here it is:

Forgot to mention when other streamers / youtubers decided to call her out on the insults, the left-wing militants went on a smear campaign against them, sending death threats, rape threats ( to women that spoke out against Gabi ) and some other vile stuff.

C'mon I just can't defend this girl's actions. No one in sane mind can't do that either. Even though I don't like the cancel culture she had it coming.

lock2k

Banned

I agree with you, the whole gaming landscape in Brazil is ridiculous. I physically live here but my mind doesn't. I only get to know about these fools whenever a scandal happens and the stupid google app tells me. Lol

This Gabi Catuzzo bitch is ridiculous and the simps who defended her can choke on a cock. :messenger_beaming: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

And the other chick has tig ol bitties so I can't hate lol

ZZZZ

I agree with you, the whole gaming landscape in Brazil is ridiculous. I physically live here but my mind doesn't. I only get to know about these fools whenever a scandal happens and the stupid google app tells me. Lol

This Gabi Catuzzo bitch is ridiculous and the simps who defended her can choke on a cock. :messenger_beaming: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Don't insult Ethomaz like that. :messenger_ok: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

lock2k

Banned

Don't insult Ethomaz like that. :messenger_ok: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
images

Eu não disse nada, você que tá falando kkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Leopold

Honestly, M$ scaling back their operation in Brazil makes complete sense. The BRL can't stop tanking and the economy is in shambles.

Honestly, I never heard of this woman until today or yesterday. I haven't read anything that disavows her, she seems like another e-girl that was hired to represent a brand and.....no one actually wanted her. So they simply trolled her to oblivion until she left or was dropped. Knowing BR internet, I believe she's got major flak from edgy fans. I even read that people criticized her for having pictures with a PS4 (lmao)

Disclaimer - despite being fluent in Brazilian Portuguese, I don't live in Brazil.

Last edited:

Dane

Xbox Brazil has been shit for like two years or more, their marketing is pure cringe and bringing in someone that doesn't have knowledge of the brand was seen as another bad move that led to this shitstorm, no one deserves to receive threats and Xbox BR didn't even make a turnaround for the better.

Top Bottom