• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Brasil downsizes Xbox News show, fires presenter and staff

ethomaz

Banned
Brasil is a weird country (I live here I know).
The latest gaming news is about the Xbox Brasil presenter, which received threats of rape and death by the community, being fired to no longer be exposed to the threats of the community and fans of the brand.

That is the original news in Brasil: https://br.ign.com/xbox-one/84862/n...-brasil-e-demitida-apos-ataques-da-comunidade

Updated: I found a full translation of her tweet:

Edit - I actually found a bit more info from a English site that made her some questions:

To The Enemy, Isadora said she reported the attacks on Microsoft and GMD, which gave support to “help control the situation”.

Yes, they always talked to me to calm me down and help control the situation. I blessed myself to see some things, mainly on Twitter, but when I saw something very heavy, I always sent them“he stated.

According to her, however, the resignation was due to a “global team orientation”, that there was no one in charge of the brand in an exhibition that could cause the attacks or threats.

It’s a feeling of helplessness, right? I embraced the brand with all my heart, did more than necessary and loved my job. I lost my job because people don’t know what respect is“, said.

The Enemy contacted the Xbox advisory in Brazil and we will update with the answer.

[Atualização] To Epic Chat this Thursday (15), The Enemy’s talk show with Lucas Moll, Isadora gave details of the threats she received – and that, according to her, started already in the hiring announcement.

I already expected that I would receive a ‘heatzinho’, but there are things that happened that I definitely did not expect. A lot of people threatened me with rape, a lot of people threatened me with death, a lot of people saying that I was not worthy of the job I was getting and my job“he stated.

At the end of his speech, Isadora also indicated that he had “very strong support from the brand”, despite the “complicated process”. “Microsoft is a company that cares a lot about women, they always put women ahead, they always protect women in every possible way. They gave me a very good support, I could not wish that this process had been better on their part“, he said.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I genuinely wonder, given his history, if OP thought this was a fascinating story, or wanted to score some points with one side of a 'harassment' story (we know how those go in 2020), against Xbox, lol.

I recall seeing this elsewhere on the board where Xbox said they were scaling down on news, and just wanted Xbox Wire from now on.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
The latest gaming news is about the Xbox Brasil presenter, which received threats of rape and death by the community, being fired to no longer be exposed to the threats of the community and fans of the brand.

That is the original news in Brasil: https://br.ign.com/xbox-one/84862/n...-brasil-e-demitida-apos-ataques-da-comunidade

I tried to find a better translate than mine but they did not translated the middle paragraph (so I put mine between []).

That sounds like a bad community of gamers to promote for. Hope she gets a job in the platform of greatness.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I genuinely wonder, given his history, if OP thought this was a fascinating story, or wanted to score some points with one side of a 'harassment' story (we know how those go in 2020), against Xbox, lol.

I recall seeing this elsewhere on the board where Xbox said they were scaling down on news, and just wanted Xbox Wire from now on.
What that has to do with the story? lol

Mod of War Mod of War

Bryank75

Banned

He presented the facts without bias.... and I don't think you will get any of the Xbox community here posting negative news about the business.
It's just the way it has to be at the moment.

He is also fluent in Portuguese and he has more possible insight than the rest of us.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Any public figure is going to be the target of online attacks by randoms. That's part of the price of admission. Ignore it or get a desk job where no one knows you.
She knows that before being hired... she just continued his work and reported the rape and death threats.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I often hear that Xbox has a passionate following in Brazil but this is badly directed passion...very destructive.
There have been a few strange stories from that particular community in the past couple years...
There is vocal Xbox community called Xbox MilGrau that does that destructive harassment.

But they are the exceptions and not the norm between Xbox communities... most Xbox focused communities here doesn't like or support Xbox Mil Grau... took a bit of time to Xbox Brasil realize that and remove them from the "partners" communities but now Xbox Brasil has no more relationship with Xbox MilGrau.

Last edited:

I tried to find a better translate than mine but they did not translated the middle paragraph (so I put mine between []).

Edit - I actually found a bit more info from a English site that made her some questions:

Where is the evidence - other than her word - she was fired because of the alleged harassment? Where is the tweet, article or quote detailing Xbox Brazil's reply to the allegations? Do you think that even if Xbox had other good reasons to fire her, they shouldn't have just because she was harassed? Is that your logic?

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Where is the evidence - other than her word - she was fired because of the alleged harassment? Where is the tweet, article or quote detailing Xbox Brazil's reply to the allegations? Do you think that even if Xbox had other good reasons to fire her, they shouldn't have just because she was harassed? Is that your logic?
The Xbox reply is on IGN article.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Given the track record with Mixer, I mean, MS really does not have much benefit of the doubt.

Also Goddamn 120k likes? That person is more popular then Global Xbox acc.

Last edited:
At the end of his speech, Isadora also indicated that he had “very strong support from the brand”, despite the “complicated process”. “Microsoft is a company that cares a lot about women, they always put women ahead, they always protect women in every possible way. They gave me a very good support, I could not wish that this process had been better on their part“, he said.

It says “he” but I’m sure that’s a translation error. Am I missing something here or am i supposed to be outraged? She even says herself Microsoft supported her... she said nothing but good words about them, at least there.

Should we all cancel our X pre-orders now or?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'll save everyone a click:

We made some changes to our original Xbox content strategy in Brazil, resulting in fewer channels. We thank Isadora Basile and the agency's talented team for their creativity and contribution to Xbox News. The Xbox Wire portal becomes our only source of high-impact news and content. The XboxBR channel will continue to experiment with new ways to entertain Brazilian gamers.

So... I guess -Arcadia- -Arcadia- was right all along and OP isn't really being genuine here.

ethomaz

Banned
There is no evidence that she was fired because of the harassment .. This is a misleading title
The evidence is here own works... or you believe her or not.

So... I guess -Arcadia- -Arcadia- was right all along and OP isn't really being genuine here.
Yeap they did not deny the reason.

Ethomaz and DGhost always doing their best with anti-MS thread titles. Literally a two man crew of click bait threads.
The thread title is a direct translate of all articles about the subject... including I used a English site translation.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
There is no evidence that she was fired because of the harassment .. This is a misleading title
Ethomaz and DGhost always doing their best with anti-MS thread titles. Literally a two man crew of click bait threads.

Your post was literally the same time as mine so I didn't see your post of MS consolidating Xbox channels.

Of course ethomaz wouldn't post that part.

Last edited:

Redlancet

Banned
microsoft brazil its a cespool of miserable people,they were in bed with milgrau the most toxic and obnoxious xbox fanboy i have seen ( and thats a feat) im not surprised,south america xbox community its a disgrace,worst of the worst,they made look spanish xbox fanboys like gentlemen

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
It says “he” but I’m sure that’s a translation error. Am I missing something here or am i supposed to be outraged? She even says herself Microsoft supported her... she said nothing but good words about them, at least there.

Should we all cancel our X pre-orders now or?

Phil spencer could abduct your entire family for ransom and i still doubt you would give up your xbox. :messenger_grinning:

lock2k

Banned
Why did they harass her for? Firing someone because they were harassed makes no sense whatsoever.

I never heard of her because I don't follow any of Brazil's sites, communities and forums. The only gaming related place I visit is Neogaf.

You mean this?

One of us is confused and it might be the one whose knee jerk reaction is to reply with smileys, for lack of a better comeback.

I asked you several questions.
You didn't answer.

I'm not surprised.
Please, more smileys!

Given the track record with Mixer, I mean, MS really does not have much benefit of the doubt.

Also Goddamn 120k likes? That person is more popular then Global Xbox acc.
Given the track record of 20+ years and tens of thousands of employees, many of them being women, they certainly do have a good track record.

a few outlier cases and suddenly they have notrack record? Yeah right.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Given the track record of 20+ years and tens of thousands of employees, many of them being women, they certainly do have a good track record.

a few outlier cases and suddenly they have notrack record? Yeah right.
That i did not say, mainly current MS when Generation changed, new faces, etc.

Phil spencer could abduct your entire family for ransom and i still doubt you would give up your xbox. :messenger_grinning:
Pretty poor taste, since Brazil's problem with crime.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Bobo Haram with the shilling again. :messenger_unamused:

4j32kh.jpg

Seems like there is more to this. Her instagram page is a handful of XBoxBR retweets and a bunch of attempts to look sexy. For a "spokesperson" she doesn't look like she does much to promote the brand. Also seems odd that she would speak so glowingly of MS if they fired her unjustly. Feels like something is being lost in translation here.

sircaw

Banned
Crime is. And I am saying this, as someone who enjoys your comments.

My reply was in regards to him saying what should we do, should we all cancel our pre-orders now?

all i was stating was he is a massive fanboy and would take more than an article for him to cancel his preorder. Nothing more, nothing less,

If people are going to be upset about PHIL SPENCER OF ALL PEOPLE ~Kidnapping their family and find that offense
Something is very very wrong.

Its clearly a joke and if people are being over sensitive and ridiculous for the sake of it.

My comments had nothing to do with Brazil's crime rate. jeez

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Seems like there is more to this. Her instagram page is a handful of XBoxBR retweets and a bunch of attempts to look sexy. For a "spokesperson" she doesn't look like she does much to promote the brand. Also seems odd that she would speak so glowingly of MS if they fired her unjustly. Feels like something is being lost in translation here.
There is nothing being lost in translation except how the Brasil culture is.
Here these things happens and the people accept and move on... it is not the first time that happened with a woman here and neither the last.
They tell their story/reason of the demise but they don't talk bad about the company because if you do you won't get any other job in any other company at all... you will be black listed.

Similar situation for another girl related to games less than a year ago:

ethomaz, Bryank75, Bo_Hazem and kretos all in the first comments. You xbox fans must be crushed with this... Pre orders cancelled?

Lol
What that has to do with anything about Xbox pre-orders?

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
microsoft brazil its a cespool of miserable people,they were in bed with milgrau the most toxic and obnoxious xbox fanboy i have seen ( and thats a feat) im not surprised,south america xbox community its a disgrace,worst of the worst,they made look spanish xbox fanboys like gentlemen
They are not in bed with MilGrau anymore... they late realized that mistake.

Last edited:
We made some changes to our original Xbox content strategy in Brazil, resulting in fewer channels. We thank Isadora Basile and the agency's talented team for their creativity and contribution to Xbox News. The Xbox Wire portal becomes our only source of high-impact news and content. The XboxBR channel will continue to experiment with new ways to entertain Brazilian gamers.

Can't seem to find this response from MS in the OP, so weird.

You are late OP, resetera already almost a week very concerned about this story :D

Ree and Jason Schreier up in arms over this, that should tell you everything you need to know about it.

Top Bottom