• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft are going to announce The Acquisition of SEGA next Wednesday (Believe!)

Zannegan

Strategically, I always thought Sega would be a better pickup for Nintendo than anyone else (expands their retro IP library, gets them Bayo which they're weirdly interested in for such a niche series, and, most importantly, bolsters their PC development capabilities and experience).

Philosophically, I'm opposed to any of the big publishers/development houses going exclusive.

Pragmatically, I'd rather the entire industry get sliced up three ways (or, more likely, two) than for any of it to fall under Amazon/Luna or Google/Stadia.

EDIT: Maybe we should have a draft. Lol.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

The "Insider" didn't state what YEAR Microsoft would announce the acquisition :p
4.gif

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
At what point, if this happens, are even xbox fans going to think Microsoft is killing diversity in the game industry? I mean, any other time in history people would almost certainly be railing against this monopolising (EA, for example)

Well it depends on a lot imo. Microsoft were the ea baddies last gen for acquiring rare, lionhead and some other just to kill them off, but times seems to have changed.

EA are baddies because they buy studies just to murder them so eas casual friendly games can survive.

Felessan

Don't care. Japanese company acquired by American company. Not impossible at all. Such a stupid myth.
There is a very large difference between small and private and large and public companies.
Anyway, they can't buy Sega, they can only make an offer to buy Sega, which can be rejected or contested further by anyone.

Plus, Sega was born in Hawaii. They're like a foreign exchange student weaboo that developed roots in Japan and never left. lol
This story is long gone. It's bona fide Japanese company now.

lock2k

Banned
There is a very large difference between small and private and large and public companies.
Anyway, they can't buy Sega, they can only make an offer to buy Sega, which can be rejected or contested further by anyone.

This story is long gone. It's bona fide Japanese company now.
images

:messenger_beaming: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Freeman76

I've heard several times when Sony should have given up, that "it was over for Sony", but here they are....>For some reason I think this will be the biggest generation for Sony bar none......These "it's over for Sony" type posts are such a precursor to overwhelming success for Sony, if history is a teacher......

I just love that EVERY post you make is consistent bullshit, so much so that it just cannot be how you really see things and you are one of the most persistent and non-offensive trolls in the history of cyber space. Its almost respect worthy!

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Did you notice the Microsoft Hand touching the hedgehog has a fucking ring lol. Handheld Series Sega confirmed ho ho ho
8XJ8.gif

Take care, "Green"Berg, Sega boys don't forgive jokes...:messenger_grimmacing_
This is intriguing. There is definitely some kind of MS thing going on with Sonic but I can't think of what it could be. Sonic games on Game Pass? That wouldn't be that big of a deal, would it?

sainraja

I wish MS could use their wallet to persuade Nintendo to let them release Breath Of The Wild on the series X. Imagine how amazing that game would look on a decent system (pls dont mention 'get a PC' as I really dislike PC gaming)

Don't worry...Genshin Impact is similar-ish to Breath of the Wild, you'll find out soon enough on the PS4/5.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
The ring means a partnership not a purchase Ha ha :).

Microsoft emulating 1000 Sega games from 1960 to 2020.

Sega using XSXXXL for a new Chihiro.
(Fast Arcade ports)

Azure (MS) X Orion (Bethesda: optimizing cloud performances, speed, IQ) X Fog gaming (Sega: all Arcade centers for less latency) =

Virtua Fighter X : mad :

Last edited:
My prediction:

MS is funding a supergroup of Japanese studios, headlined by Sega, to make games for Game Pass and xCloud. Big Sonic exclusive already in the pipeline. And all of the games will also be available on Switch. :goog_biggrin:

lachesis

Game Pass Day1 Partnership with Xbox is as far as I can realistically think.

Although Sega began as an American company - Japanese won't appreciate foreign company buying their own. (Although it's pretty common in many different businesses - but they are not normally consumer companies like Sega) Unless MS wants to dip their toes in Pachinko (Sammy) business...

Would be rather strange to see Microsoft Windows 7 Pachinko machine featuring Nanami? :)

lock2k

Banned
Lol, read the thread man. It's nothing, but the same baseless rumors that have been happening since Sega left the hardware space and Microsoft joined.
Back then it wasn't baseless rumors. The partnership was there at the beggining of Xbox but it went south just like the Sony+Nintendo marriage went south prior to the first Playstation. It has been the source of speculation since then but it wasn't baseless at all in the beggining, hence the several Sega exclusive games on the original Xbox.

lachesis

Lol, read the thread man. It's nothing, but the same baseless rumors that have been happening since Sega left the hardware space and Microsoft joined.

Well we can always think about "what if" situation. Like stuff like "what if I win a lottery?" type thing. :)

Vawn

Banned
Back then it wasn't baseless rumors. The partnership was there at the beggining of Xbox but it went south just like the Sony+Nintendo marriage went south prior to the first Playstation.

I'd like to see your source on this.

Top Bottom