• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Topher

Gold Member
And.......

arrested development gob bluth GIF

Topher

Gold Member
Some people are too sensitive these days and will want to start a fight for no reason.
Here is an example

Being too sensitive works both ways. It really is ok if someone says they didn't think a joke was funny. That isn't starting a fight.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
Being too sensitive works both ways. It really is ok if someone says a joke wasn't funny. That isn't starting a fight.
Considering the situation, its tough to ask.
It will be a disaster for activision if they dont put disclaimer or any kind, considering they have that lilith ad in newyork.

And newyork people are angry as hell.

Kilau

Some people are too sensitive these days and will want to start a fight for no reason.
Here is an example
It’s not about sensitivity for me, it just wasn’t funny.

I’m not saying she should be canceled, reprimanded or fired. I just don’t think she or anyone from ABK needed to comment on the image.

Kilau

Considering the situation, its tough to ask.
It will be a disaster for activision if they dont put disclaimer or any kind, considering they have that lilith ad in newyork.

And newyork people are angry as hell.
You really think any serious person is connecting Diablo and it’s advertising to the fires?

feynoob

Banned
It’s not about sensitivity for me, it just wasn’t funny.

I’m not saying she should be canceled, reprimanded or fired. I just don’t think she or anyone from ABK needed to comment on the image.
You really think any serious person is connecting Diablo and it’s advertising to the fires?
We are talking about current people. Anything can trigger them for no reason.
We have karens for a reason.

Kilau

We are talking about current people. Anything can trigger them for no reason.
We have karens for a reason.
Like I said, serious people. Nobody serious really thinks that.

Dumb people will always draw correlations that don’t exist. 21 years ago some people were demanding Peter Jackson change the name of The Two Towers because it was insensitive to 9/11, they weren’t taken seriously.

If Lulu and ABK were really worried someone might find the ad offensive now (and they might, lol) a jokey tweet about not being affiliated or partners with a fire isn’t the way to respond.

laynelane

Source material for "joke":

Yeah, hilarious.

Where I live, in Canada, we're being warned to not go outside due to the air quality. Then there's all the loss and destruction attributed to the fires. It says a lot about Lulu that this was source material for a "joke".

PaintTinJr

I haven't read further on to remind myself to see if the date was cancelled by the Judge, but going by page 60 of the CMC transcript June 12th 10am is the next court date I'm seeing so far.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
People losing their shit over Lulu's boring-ass joke.

Corporates "joining" the people will never not be lame as fuck.
It's such an American thing get offended at that tweet.

There were similar bush fires in Australia and my city in New Zealand turned orange for a few days too. So many jokes were made about BOTH Australia and NZ. It's almost like it's possible to make a joke AND be concerned and understanding of events like these.

Astray

Gold Member
It's such an American thing get offended at that tweet.

There were similar bush fires in Australia and my city in New Zealand turned orange for a few days too. So many jokes were made about BOTH Australia and NZ. It's almost like it's possible to make a joke AND be concerned and understanding of events like these.
The funniest part to me is when people come on here and try to convince us that the joke is funny and we're just too biased to laugh with her.

If you have to convince someone that a joke is funny.. then it just isn't.

Drell

-If they mew, that means they're asking something to MS or CMA.
-If they purr it means they're happy but for which situation?
-If they spit it means they're hostile to something, but again, what?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Lulu's "joke" wasn't at the Bill Burr level, but she isn't a comedian. She is a corporate public relations executive. There is a massive difference there.
Funny how the same people gushing and having mental gymnastics of defense over her lame "look at us cool kids" joke is divided by who supports the takeaway deal.

A joke can be lame people, it will be okay. However if the same "joke" came from a perceived rival company, they would be gnashing teeth. Bet.

ToadMan

Can anyone explain what this means?

It allows ABK to be make direct representations in the appeal process.

Prior to this the arrangement was that MS would be representing the acquisition in legal proceedings - ABK were just supplying information as a third party effectively.

In practical terms I don’t think it makes too much difference for the appeal itself but let’s see.

Topher

Gold Member
I thought her joke was funny and well timed to be honest. Kind of refreshing too. I much prefer public faces of large corps making "too soon" jokes than regurgitate talking points / bleating like sheep all day long.

Eh....I think most PR folks suck at humor and really shouldn't try, especially when it comes to "too soon" jokes. But as Kilau Kilau said, no one is calling for her job over this. Just a disagreement on her attempt at humor is all. All good.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I thought her joke was funny and well timed to be honest. Kind of refreshing too. I much prefer public faces of large corps making "too soon" jokes than regurgitate talking points / bleating like sheep all day long.

But why even make that joke at a time like this? Does she think it's beneficial to her job to say things for the lulz?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

A former Chancellor of the Exchequer no less, probably still has plenty of influence in the Tory party.
So, you still want politicians to have coercion with an independent body. All for "muh favorite brand."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom