• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft’s Xbox Elite 2 controller arrives on November 4th for $179.99

Gerdav

Oh ok that makes sense.

I was messing with a 360 controller last night and idk if I could notice a drastic change in the tension. Maybe I'm just not adverse enough lol.

When you use the key play with the stick, you don’t even need to put the actual cover I suppose is the best word back on, you feel the difference then even without playing a game.

And another quick heads up there is a update to the controller available when the accessories app is launched.

People acting like these controllers are some new concept. Expensive, "pro" style controllers with paddles and other customizations have been around for years, but it's been mainly a 3rd party market. I've had scuf controllers for my PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, and Xbox One for a while now. If you have the money, and value the features, you buy them. If you don't, you don't. Nobody is forcing you to pay $150-$250 for a controller. It's a niche market, nobody is arguing that.

Last edited:
There is an unwritten rule in my family, no buying shit at or near birthdays or Christmas. This is brutal.

My OG Elite has well over 4000 hours on it. It's been my go-to since it launched. My rubber has been re-glued, the rear face has a lot of knicks and gouges on it from setting it down/throwing it down- I mean accidentally dropping it. I've redone the analog unit posts twice now. It still tracks perfectly, and feels just as tight as my newer S style controller. It's been well worth the $180 CDN I paid for it.

G Gerdav how is the weight on the controller? I'm hoping they've added some more weight over the V1 Elite.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Got mine!

Video with all the smaller differences. Old sticks wont work with the new controller and the sticks that come with the new series are different in terms of height (compared with the sticks that came with the original). Theres no middle height it looks like.

Last edited:

Gerdav

There is an unwritten rule in my family, no buying shit at or near birthdays or Christmas. This is brutal.

My OG Elite has well over 4000 hours on it. It's been my go-to since it launched. My rubber has been re-glued, the rear face has a lot of knicks and gouges on it from setting it down/throwing it down- I mean accidentally dropping it. I've redone the analog unit posts twice now. It still tracks perfectly, and feels just as tight as my newer S style controller. It's been well worth the $180 CDN I paid for it.

G Gerdav how is the weight on the controller? I'm hoping they've added some more weight over the V1 Elite.

I just held one in each hand and yes there is more weight to the V2, for reference the V1 has a battery pack in it.

Reactions: Isa

nikolino840

People acting like these controllers are some new concept. Expensive, "pro" style controllers with paddles and other customizations have been around for years, but it's been mainly a 3rd party market. I've had scuf controllers for my PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, and Xbox One for a while now. If you have the money, and value the features, you buy them. If you don't, you don't. Nobody is forcing you to pay $150-$250 for a controller. It's a niche market, nobody is arguing that.
Well i don't Need a controller like that...i play for fun (noob) i don't care if i don't win and Is not becouse of a controller

But some play for win and/or with a team

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Is there any LED notification when the controller is just on the dock? Have it plugged in through the case and nothing's lighting up like when it's plugged in directly to the port

nemiroff

Gold Member
Got mine earlier this morning, used it for a couple of hours in CODMW. It's legit good, I really like it. Feels heavier than v1 btw. Stick tension adjustment is so good and so easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
You can't turn off the paddles by double clicking the connect button anymore. You can only disable them by going to the default profile by holding the profile selection button down.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Black Friday 2020?
nah def going to sink this BF not sure how much

You can't turn off the paddles by double clicking the connect button anymore. You can only disable them by going to the default profile by holding the profile selection button down.

lol i never knew this was a thing in the og elite,

what i would like to have is quick swap devices in bluetooth. like a logitech BT mouse

Last edited:

Gerdav

Is there any LED notification when the controller is just on the dock? Have it plugged in through the case and nothing's lighting up like when it's plugged in directly to the port

There is a small green light you can’t miss it, what you have probably missed as it caught me out too was there is a little bit of cloth on the charging pad you have to remove.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
There is a small green light you can’t miss it, what you have probably missed as it caught me out too was there is a little bit of cloth on the charging pad you have to remove.
Oh I thought the cloth was there to prevent scratching. Thanks!

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
After a couple hours something feels different in hand. It's almost like it's a tad shorter grip wise.

Gamerasi

What does Microsoft expect for an Xbox accessory upgrade? We need key mapping. Sample: Outer Worlds. View button, rb, rb.A open the map. This is kill me.

JLB

Banned
What does Microsoft expect for an Xbox accessory upgrade? We need key mapping. Sample: Outer Worlds. View button, rb, rb.A open the map. This is kill me.
Im not sure that would be fair for regular users. Specially on competitive games.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
it's basically a less sketchy version of Craigslist. US only, it's popular in the PNW

if anyone is on the fence about a v1, i'll sell mine for $75 plus shipping
What kinda fees? I usually do eBay but they take like 10 percent.

kingwingin

This controller feels amazing, tension on high and a long stick on the right is pure bliss.

Going to take awhile to get used to the paddles on the back

nemiroff

Gold Member
This controller feels amazing, tension on high and a long stick on the right is pure bliss.

Going to take awhile to get used to the paddles on the back

I'm on my second day with the paddles (never used them on v1) and I already can't go back, glad I stuck with it despite the mind grinding frustration playing MW with them yesterday..

Last edited:

Ovek

7Member7
If anyone if the UK is looking at getting one, Ebay currently has a code "PRISTINE" to get 10% off new items. Use Argos click and collect and you can pick one up for a slightly more palatable price of £147.94.

Hostile_18

Banned
Looks like £10 worth of improvements over a standard controller with a 300% markup to me.

Kind of like buying the higestest end graphics card for that 5-10% edge, its just not worth it unless money is no issue. I think a controller is even more egregious though as I cant see how they can justify the price, it's not like they are pushing current technology to its limits.

Top Bottom