• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft’s Xbox backward compatibility program returns with 76 new games

Yep.
And, honestly, unless this game is your Game of the Millennium, you probably shouldn't play it through backwards compatibility. For the same reason that "click to sprint" games are harmful. It will greatly increase the degradation of your analog stick.
Well I'm loving it. It's not GOTM, but it's fun and different from almost everything else out there.

But yes, most people will probably find it too strange to enjoy.

Reactions: Isa

RAIDEN1

Where do you find ANY of these games? I went on the store earlier couldn't find anything, searched for Ridge Racer nothing at all..are they even released?

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Bought Binary Domain and Gunvalkyrie !
Miserable piece of Sega sucker !

Sega is really shitting gold lately :
Nexon gave them 200 millions and they'll sell millions of games from MSFT BC without spending a penny in development(2 beautiful sonic, Otogi, Binary Domain, Panzer Dragoon Orta which was top seller in Japan and so many other games)

Last edited:

Belthazar

Drew1440

Where do you find ANY of these games? I went on the store earlier couldn't find anything, searched for Ridge Racer nothing at all..are they even released?
I'm currently having a hard time finding Ridge Racer 6 on the Uk/GB store, only thing I can find is the US version.

Pantz

Gold Member
My purchase of Dead or Alive 4 went through this time. It still gave the same error but it worked. Picked up Otogi 1 & 2 as well, same situation. Used my Microsoft balance to pay btw.

So other games might be working now if you were having trouble purchasing them.

nush

Gold Member
Well the OG Xbox games that had been added to the xbox 360 store have now been removed. I went to my purchased games and tried to download DOA2 from there and it got to 1% then dropped to 0% and eventually it gave up. I'll have to see if it's on my account when I get back to my XBO.

T-Cake

I hope the new Prince of Persia: Sands of Time remake does well and Ubisoft goes on to do the other two games in the OG trilogy because I just realised there is no PoP: Warrior Within nor Two Thrones in XBox BC. :(

Last edited:

Dr. Suchong

I'm looking forward to grabbing a Series X and sticking (most of) the cream of my 360 stuff and Xbox stuff on there.
I wish Sony would do something similar, my wheezing PS3 nearly exploded the last time I tried to play Gow ascension on it 😨

Inuteu

F.E.A.R. not available as digital purchase, sadly
there are 8 games from that 76 list that are disc only

50 cent, fear, MK, MK vs DC etc

and their prices are pumping

yesterday finally my Binary Domain worked without having to buy it again, I thing the MS store problems are over. nice game btw

I hope the new Prince of Persia: Sands of Time remake does well and Ubisoft goes on to do the other two games in the OG trilogy because I just realised there is no PoP: Warrior Within nor Two Thrones in XBox BC. :(
If I could pick one game to add back to the store it would be Prince of Persia (2008).

fatmarco

yesterday finally my Binary Domain worked without having to buy it again, I thing the MS store problems are over. nice game btw
Which games are disc only?

nush

Gold Member

Some of them were digital on the 360 store, they took so long to become backwards compatible I guess they have been delisted. I'd already brought Max Payne 3 some years ago for £5 or there about so I'm good. I think it was a 2/3 disc game but it will install off just the first disc so if you find a cheap disc one that's all you'll need.

SkylineRKR

Dead or Alive 4 is still good. Despite not being uprezzed I think its a fine looking fighter still. It hits the notes the sequels missed. Its colorful, great looking stages (the bridge is awesome), awesome soundtrack and a very loud game in general. 3D Fighters haven't really evolved anyway, Tekken 7 still being stuck at 720p-1080p too. DoA sequels look muted and have this ugly filter. 720p is disappointing, but it doesn't look as washed out as I expected.

I was a bit nostalgic, seeing myself somewhere on the leaderboards still. The last online match I played is over 15 years ago. But all stats are there still, apparently I beat TA in 6 minutes once (with Brad even, must've cheesed, never used him). My save file is long gone, and fuck beating Alpha in Time Attack with all chars again. It was like I was transported back to the summer of 06.

Also, Sonic Unleashed daytime stages look fucking lit. Its a 360 era game ffs.

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
MS should make a dedicated tab for BC titles only in the store.
They did but seems to have disappeared. I have stumbled across it but I don't know how and its not updated with the new titles.

You'd think the games not available on store would be made available as I presume they had to go through the licencing etc and who would in the right mind would turn down new sales.

RAIDEN1

Dead or Alive 4 is still good. Despite not being uprezzed I think its a fine looking fighter still. It hits the notes the sequels missed. Its colorful, great looking stages (the bridge is awesome), awesome soundtrack and a very loud game in general. 3D Fighters haven't really evolved anyway, Tekken 7 still being stuck at 720p-1080p too. DoA sequels look muted and have this ugly filter. 720p is disappointing, but it doesn't look as washed out as I expected.

I was a bit nostalgic, seeing myself somewhere on the leaderboards still. The last online match I played is over 15 years ago. But all stats are there still, apparently I beat TA in 6 minutes once (with Brad even, must've cheesed, never used him). My save file is long gone, and fuck beating Alpha in Time Attack with all chars again. It was like I was transported back to the summer of 06.

But is it worth buying now if you skipped it in 2008?

Unk Adams

Banned

Dead or Alive 4 is technically the last "real" DOA game anyway (since the vision behind the series, Itagaki, left after this point). I still find the new ones fun but they don't have the same soul of the first four (as well as the first two Xtreme games).

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Wait… my fav gears trilogy is now 4k and 60 ?!
Is the first one also upgrade or still stuck at 720p30? The 1 remake is terrible. I am talking about the original.

what about the Darkness? Can anyone check it out for me?
And gta 4 have music removed on bc correct?
Is edf 2017 working?

RAIDEN1

Dead or Alive 4 is technically the last "real" DOA game anyway (since the vision behind the series, Itagaki, left after this point). I still find the new ones fun but they don't have the same soul of the first four (as well as the first two Xtreme games).
Need to check it out, I still have DOA 5 on the PS3 which I couldn't get into completely..then again the latest Virtua Fighter installment is better than DOA 5 I think..

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Is the first one also upgrade or still stuck at 720p30? The 1 remake is terrible. I am talking about the original.

Is edf 2017 working?
Darkness is sadly OG res and fps, both of them

Esppiral

I've read that Max Payne 3 is dic only, yet I downloaded my digital copy and runs fine

I forgot how bullshit hard the AI was in DOA4 vs 3 and 5 lol.

Counter, Counter, Counter.
Yes is the hardest DOA game.

Doa4 on Xbox 360 has super clean image quality, if memory servers me well it runs with 4x msaa @720p on Xbox 360, on series X the game runs without any kind of antialiasing.

Last edited:

intbal

Is edf 2017 working?
Gears 1 got FPS Boost for Series S/X. But still the same original resolution for now.

Drew1440

Has the soundtrack been muted in 50 Cent: Blood on the sand? None of the music plays in any of the levels despite checking the sound settings.

Bridges

For whatever reason, the store is trying to charge me again for Time Pilot despite me having it from the 360 days. Not the end of the world as I don't see myself going back to it too much anyway, but pretty strange given all the other entitlements have worked without issue in the past. Not sure what gives there.

Has the soundtrack been muted in 50 Cent: Blood on the sand? None of the music plays in any of the levels despite checking the sound settings.
Don't know about 50 cent but I had the same exact problem with a couple of BC games (Ridge racer 6, DOA4, Binary Domain).
I cleared the Xbox 360 persistent storage from the settings and it fixed it.

Top Bottom