• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft’s Xbox backward compatibility program returns with 76 new games

Banjo64

cumsessed
I’ve been asking why the FPS boosts went quiet for 6 months but yeah, this explains it. Have any OG Xbox games been boosted? I’ve got Conker L&R and it would be great at 60fps.

Drew1440

I'm just glad we get a modern re-release of Ridge Racer again.

I'm puzzled when she says there are licensing issues with the remaining OG XBox library, when there are plenty of titles that are not backwards compatible but can be purchased on other storefronts. Project Snowblind, Deus Ex Invisible War can both be brought on Steam
Maybe there are technical issues with the emulator with those titles? I was hoping we would see:
Quantum Redshift
SWAT Global Strike Team
Urban Chaos: Riot Response
R:Racing Evolution
Apex/Racing Evoluzione
The Sims Bustin Out
Urbz: Sims in the City
Burnout 1 & 2 (Burnout 3 is on the 360 store as an Xbox original but is not compatible with the One/Series, there's a few games like that, one of the Crash Bandicoot’s also)

Theres also quite a lot of games that were backwards compatable with the 360 that arn't part of the list.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
FUCKING OTOGI
Its about fucking time

otogi-1-screenshot-giant-boss-snake.jpg

Shut0wen

Here’s the full list of 76 new Xbox backward compatible games arriving today:

• 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand
  • Aces of the Galaxy
  • Advent Rising
  • Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom
  • Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? Make the Grade
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Burning Earth
  • Bankshot Billiards 2
  • Beautiful Katamari
  • Binary Domain
  • Black College Football Xperience: Doug Williams Ed
  • Cloning Clyde
  • Conan
  • Darwinia+
  • Dead or Alive Ultimate
  • Dead or Alive 3
  • Dead or Alive 4
  • Death by Cube
  • Disney Universe
  • Disney’s Chicken Little
  • Elements of Destruction
  • F.E.A.R.
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
  • F.E.A.R. 3
  • F.E.A.R. Files
  • The First Templar
  • Gladius
  • Gunvalkyrie
  • Islands of Wakfu
  • Lego The Lord of the Rings
  • Manhunt
  • Max Payne
  • Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
  • Max Payne 3
  • Mini Ninjas
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
  • MX vs. ATV Alive
  • MX vs. ATV Untamed
  • NIER
  • Novadrome
  • Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee
  • Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad
  • Otogi: Myth of Demons
  • Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors
  • The Outfit
  • Outpost Kaloki X
  • Quake Arena Arcade
  • R.A.W. - Realms of Ancient War
  • Red Dead Revolver
  • Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
  • Ridge Racer 6
  • Rio
  • Risen
  • Risen 2: Dark Waters
  • Rock of Ages
  • Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
  • Scramble
  • Screwjumper!
  • Secret Weapons Over Normandy
  • Skate 2
  • SpongeBob SquarePants Underpants Slam!
  • SpongeBob’s Truth or Square
  • Star Wars Starfighter: Special Edition
  • Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
  • Switchball
  • Thrillville
  • Thrillville: Off the Rails
  • Time Pilot
  • TimeSplitters 2
  • TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
  • Toy Story Mania!
  • Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment
  • Viva Piñata: Party Animals
  • Warlords
Can all these games be brought on the MS store or only some of them?

nush

Gold Member
I'm puzzled when she says there are licensing issues with the remaining OG XBox library

Backwards compatible games are recompiled and have a new executable and are legally a new version of the game. So the publisher needs to agree it can be distributed or there could be middleware licences or music, likenesses or other licensed content in those titles.

When you play a backwards compatible game off a disc, it's downloading the new version and the disc is only a key.

SkylineRKR

Surely Ridge Racer 7 on the PS3 is the better game? Also notable absentees - Blur, Shaolin Monks....Alpha Protocol...

Yeah 7 is better, idk if that still goes for graphics as RR6 should have auto HDR and 1440p/4k on Series. But I liked how 7 was structured. However, there is no way to play it for me, unless I snipe a PS3 but thats a bit of a stretch. RR6 was rather similar anyway.

nush

Gold Member
Having a drop of 76 games in one go is much better than Microsoft drip feeding the games 2-4 a week with some weeks off for over a year like it was before.

GriffinCorp

WOW this is awesome news! Xbox is knocking them out of the park. Now I need to go look through my OG XBOX titles again.

What a perfect time to right before the holiday week of Thanksgiving.

cireza

Banned
DOA4 simply says oops there was an error when you try to buy and Ive tried to buy it like 12 times...problem is im getting charged for each of those attempts even though im not actually buying anything, or getting emails or anything in order history...support at least said she sees the failed attempts so Ill see what happens tomorrow if i can get all the charges removed.
I am having the exact same problem with Otogi. I am in France by the way.

Artistic

Can all these games be brought on the MS store or only some of them?
All the ones I wanted/checked on were available digitally outside of Blood on the Sand. Someone made a post saying Mortal Kombat isn't available digitally as well a few posts up.

I guess it's just some, hit and miss.

Dr.Morris79

Sony doesn't give a dam about its legacy....if it did it would give you Motostorm 2 Pacific Rift upscaled running at 60 fps, and a Ridge Racer HD/4k Collection...
If they did then these turds would of let me play my bought PS1 games on ps4/5! It makes me puke a little knowing I can emulate my discs on my damn phone but not on a £450+ console 'of the future'

A few more years and hopefully we can just emulate our entire PS3 library, if I own the original discs (like I do), then it's fair cop.

RAIDEN1

If they did then these turds would of let me play my bought PS1 games on ps4/5! It makes me puke a little knowing I can emulate my discs on my damn phone but not on a £450+ console 'of the future'

A few more years and hopefully we can just emulate our entire PS3 library, if I own the original discs (like I do), then it's fair cop.
Even the Xbox Series X/S does a better job at emulating PS-One and other games of that era than Sony .....who knew?

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'm trying to.buy Otogi but it gives me a wow something when wrong message. Anyone any ideas?

I bought Gunvalkery with no issue

Also unsure which Time splitters to get

Last edited:
I'm trying to.buy Otogi but it gives me a wow something when wrong message. Anyone any ideas?

I bought Gunvalkery with no issue

Also unsure which Time splitters to get
The store shit the bed. I'd wait. The error is also charging you each time FYI, so check your bank or wait for MS to sort it out. Only happened to me on Otogi 1/2.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
The store shit the bed. I'd wait. The error is also charging you each time FYI, so check your bank or wait for MS to sort it out. Only happened to me on Otogi 1/2.

Thanks, I used an voucher and credit did remain luckily. Probably needs some days to fix internally

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Surely Ridge Racer 7 on the PS3 is the better game?

They were released barely a year apart and they're essentially the same game with a few extra features and improvement RR7 brought to the table

Tech wise RR6 is 720p and RR7 is native 1080p other than that 6 is more detailed in some areas (mostly textures) while 7 has better illumination

Top Bottom