• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft’s Xbox backward compatibility program returns with 76 new games

nush

Do prices of the original physical copies tend to go up or down after they are announced for BC?

yes they do, CEX and Gamestop are notorious for quickly repricing their stock as soon as games are announced as back compat. So be quick if you want something.

nush

my bestie is going to be ecstatic being able to play Beautiful Katamari again. ❤️

I've never been able to play that game despite owning it twice on disc and once digitally. My first disc (Brand new) worked for a short time then refused to load. Years later I brought another copy played on a different X360 and that also refused to load. Then I brought the digital version and although it allowed me to buy it, the game is region locked so I can't download it to play. FINALLY I'll be able to play it!

nush

let's hope, I sold my Series X and kept my Series S so this would be a real kick up the ass if they don't come back 🤣

Just checked, I do have it digitally (UK store) but it does not yet have the + Xbox One logo attached to the tile.
iDaMHcY.jpg

WoodyStare

Purchased Binary Domain and Max Payne digitally. Also got Max Payne 3 and F.E.A.R. on EBay for cheap, don’t want to risk them not allowing digital purchases and the prices go up for the physical copies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Banned
Still no PGR.

mad the rock GIF

Where is Jet Set Radio Future?:messenger_angry:

Or Outrun 2 :messenger_pouting:

all of these need licenses to be renewed if they want to re-release them sadly... and especially with JSRF it is not quite as easy as with other games.
Outrun would be the easiest I think, because as far as I know the only outside license they used here is the Ferrari... and that should be doable... but Sega most likely doesn't see any sales potential for it sadly :/

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Has anyone been having trouble installing max Payne 3 from disc ?
Edit nvm it started to work

Last edited:

Banned
Unfortunately DOA4 got no image quality enhancements - actually looks worse than DOA3 (which did). Both play fine and are locked at 60 fps.

og Xbox games get resolution boosts as a standard feature... sadly 360 games don't, they need to be specifically X enhanced

Why is it asking me to buy these games again? I've already bought digital copies of the Max Paynes?

What bullshitery is this?

wait a few hours, that should sort itself out... if it doesn't, maybe Rockstar games has something to do with it... I would not put it past them to only let Microsoft make them backwards compatible if they then also make it a different licence to the one one XBox 360

Last edited:

Max_Po

Banned
popped in my MINT Dead or Alive 3... Not compatible, rebooted muh HALU xbox ser x and boom 5 gigzy bit upgrade...

Balboa

Do any of the FEAR games have resolution enhancements? The FPS boost is great but these sub 720p 360 games look like hot garbage on my TV

Wizz-Art

Why is it asking me to buy these games again? I've already bought digital copies of the Max Paynes?

What bullshitery is this?
I had that happen in the past too for some games, I clicked buy in the store, just to see what's going to happen and if it really went through I could always refund it, but then the screen changed to a message saying it looks like you already bought this game or something, look in your owned games list and I found the title there and everything was resolved as I downloaded from there.

Stuart360

So how does BC work with titles like Max Payne 3 that hasnt had any enhancements?. What i mean is i remember the game having a lot of fps drops on 360, so will it now be a locked 30fps on Series consoles, even though it hasnt had any enhancements?.

Riky

$MSFT
So how does BC work with titles like Max Payne 3 that hasnt had any enhancements?. What i mean is i remember the game having a lot of fps drops on 360, so will it now be a locked 30fps on Series consoles, even though it hasnt had any enhancements?.

It normally just powers through any old drops.

Top Bottom